Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ThankYou Airline or Hotel Transfer Errors

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Someone reported success earlier by adding the airline code to the FFN, e.g. TK#########. Have you tried it yet?
No i haven't. Now it seems to be fixed. I have no problem tranfering to the jetblue and it was deposits instantly. It was still down hours ago
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:34 pm

Hey guys! I am encountering this problem as of today 2/18 and glad to hear it’s not just me and others are having the same problem. Seems like the issue was resolved a few days ago per this thread, but I’m having issues now. I’m trying to transfer to Qatar and I transferred about a month ago without issues, so I don’t think it has anything to do with any information not matching. Is anyone else in the same boat?

thanks in advance!
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Elite
Yep, I've been trying to transfer to Qatar Airways as well for the past week, and it's still not working
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:18 pm

Can't even login today - I wonder what's going on...
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:26 am

@Traveler2023 - I was able to transfer to Qatar this morning, so I think it's working now!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:34 pm

Same problem transferring to Singapore air

I've been trying to transfer my thank you points to SingaporeAir for the last 10 days or so. As soon as I complete the transfer on the thank you website, I get a success message, and my points are deducted from my account immediately. I get an email saying my points transfer order has been sent. I see from data online that it usually takes about a day or so to transfer to Singapore airlines anyway, so I'm not worried that they don't show up immediately, however after about three days, I get an email from Citibank saying the same error message that everyone else previously seems to have mentioned:

"Unfortunately, we cannot process your request for a point transfer for the following reason:

a system error has occurred. Please call the ThankYou Service Center at the phone number listed below if you would like to make another request.

We have canceled your request and credited the points back to your ThankYou Member Account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

The first time I called the number, and the service center guy said it's a systemwide problem they are aware of and try again tomorrow. That's what I did, and got the same error message. I'm trying for the third time now, and got the success message. I'm just waiting to see what happens. it seems crazy that this thread started in 2019 and still has problems on and off.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:00 am

I was able to transfer to Qatar 24 feb
today NOT working
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
Only SQ transfers working right now

All, I have been trying to transfer a considerable number of miles to my Turkish account for the last two weeks. I'm getting the same error message as everyone else here has been getting for a long time, as well as the same song and dance from Citi (and it's far from entertaining)Support. As an experiment, I just tried transferring 1,000 points to every Citi-partner airline with which I have an account. Here are the transfer attempts that gave me the error message:

Virgin Atlantic -- ERROR
Avianca -- ERROR
Emirates -- ERROR
Etihad -- ERROR
Flying Blue -- ERROR
Qantas -- ERROR
Qatar -- ERROR
Turkish -- ERROR

Only Singapore was (apparently) successful -- still waiting for the miles to post.

This isn't the first trouble I've had. I was never successful transferring points to AA, in the window when that was possible, despite dozens of attempts, and I have experienced sporadic problems in the last few years, but nothing like this. I'm tempted to shift my earning completely away from Thank You points unless Citi can show that they're serious about fixing this problem. Chase and Amex have been MUCH more reliable.

Does anyone have any idea how we can escalate this? Has anyone had any success recently with transfers to the above? Many thanks.

Last edited by jspear; Mar 3, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It's great that you took one for the team. Thank you so much for that. It should make it obvious that it's actually a Citi and not a partner issue.
Maybe you could reach out to one of these people on LinkedIn?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/arturo-marconell-b3ba5b3/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-pedersen-693991105/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-caccia-21a0b53b/

Or maybe email them at [email protected] or so (guess their email address can't be too difficult to guess).
Hopefully they'd have someone into this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jspear
Virgin Atlantic -- ERROR
Has anyone had any success recently with transfers to the above?
After reading your post I attempted to transfer 1,000 points to Virgin Atlantic. The transfer was successful, and the points were in my VS account within a few seconds. (There is no entry in my VS account to show where the points originated, but the balance increased.)
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
Originally Posted by mia
After reading your post I attempted to transfer 1,000 points to Virgin Atlantic. The transfer was successful, and the points were in my VS account within a few seconds. (There is no entry in my VS account to show where the points originated, but the balance increased.)
Great data point. Thank you, Mia.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
It's great that you took one for the team. Thank you so much for that. It should make it obvious that it's actually a Citi and not a partner issue.
Maybe you could reach out to one of these people on LinkedIn?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/arturo-marconell-b3ba5b3/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-pedersen-693991105/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-caccia-21a0b53b/

Or maybe email them at [email protected] or so (guess their email address can't be too difficult to guess).
Hopefully they'd have someone into this.
Thank you, ChocolateFactory, I will do that.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:12 am

All, I have been trying to transfer a considerable number of miles ...
Sorry to say this is a you issue. I just now did a transfer to avianca, instantly received the miles plus bonus AV side. Transferred to Choice a couple days ago, also instant. Have you even contacted Citi? Doesn't sound like it.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by jeffersun
Sorry to say this is a you issue. I just now did a transfer to avianca, instantly received the miles plus bonus AV side. Transferred to Choice a couple days ago, also instant. Have you even contacted Citi? Doesn't sound like it.
Jeffsun, thank you for the additional data point, but I think it's a bit premature to conclude it's a "me" issue. Perhaps you're right, perhaps not. That's the kind of discussion I had hoped to spark with my post. And if you'd read my original post with any degree of scrutiny, you'd have noticed that I have contacted Citi, many, many times. No need to get snarky.

"...as well as the same song and dance from Citi (and it's far from entertaining) Support"
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.I was never successful transferring points to AA
Originally Posted by jeffersun
Sorry to say this is a you issue.
It seems more likely that this is a Citi problem which affects a subset of accounts, or that there is (for example) some corruption in jspear's Profile. What happens when you ask Citi to make the transfer by telephone? If you have more than one card that earns ThankYou points have you combined the rewards into a single account?
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.