Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ThankYou Airline or Hotel Transfer Errors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Someone recently reported on Reddit the he had received the points in his Choice account, but that they weren’t deducted from his Citi account. So I guess it’s working for some people at least…
Did they just randomly get free points like that?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That’s how I understood it at least. So their whole transfer logic seems seriously buggy. I’ve been unable to reach ANYONE at Citi or Choice who was able to even open a support case. It’s a mess.
Citi said to me that Choice is refusing the transfer. Choice said: “What is are Citi ThankYou points? Never heard about that. Guess you should talk to Citi.”
Citi is simply the worst bank by far.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....Choice said: “What is are Citi ThankYou points? Never heard about that. Guess you should talk to Citi.”
Citi is simply the worst bank by far.
Choice Hotels' staff needs better training: https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/partners

Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Well, Citi said: “What’s Choice? Is that an airline?”
They’re both equally bad. I hope one of you can get them to fix the transfer, I just didn’t have the energy to deal with them after a couple of completely useless calls to both companies.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:05 am

I was so hopeful this would be resolved since I got a good agent on the weekend and saw the DP on Reddit. Today's call: "I'm looking to transfer points to Choice." "Card? Redeem for travel? Can you spell that for me?" "C-H-O-I-C-E"
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:00 pm

Told you. :-(
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:09 pm

Anyone have any other data points on this? I still can't transfer the points and need to book a hotel in August
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:17 pm

Choice is selling points with a 25% bonus at the moment if it’s any consolation…
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:32 pm

Choice is selling points with a 25% bonus at the moment if it’s any consolation…
Ooh, actually I might do this. At this point I could buy 80k points with $618, use my citi card and turn my 57k ty points into a simple cash back reward.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:14 pm

It's not the best they've offered, they do up to 40% from time to time.
https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy...ileges-points/
But it's still better than nothing...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:16 pm

stormpelt Sorry I only learned today that Choice points are being sold at a good price as part of the Daily Getaways... today only! https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:32 am

Re: Choice points...I ran into the same issue when trying to transfer 45k Citi points to Choice. After several tries (including an unsuccessful call to customer service) I tried transferring in just 1,000 points...and it worked! and then I followed up with 2x 20k transfers, and a 4k transfer, all of which went through to Choice successfully. I recommend giving this a shot if you're having trouble...
I also created a new Choice account FWIW
mia likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:42 am

I think it was probably the new account then? I remember trying to transfer just 1,000 points and that didn’t work either.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:40 am

I think it was probably the new account then? I remember trying to transfer just 1,000 points and that didn’t work either.
Nah it worked with the new account. Wasn’t working with the old account. I suggest trying again with smaller amounts.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:55 am

Sorry, what I meant was that it probably was the new account that fixed it. Because it didn’t work for me with lower amounts. (I haven’t tried creating a new account - now I just bought a bunch points instead.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.