Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ThankYou Airline or Hotel Transfer Errors

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Same issue for me. Sent Amex MR instead, posted instantly. Both Citi and Amex show my name as: first name last name. Asia Miles shows as: last name first name middle name.

Via chat Asia Miles won't drop the middle name unless I can produce a travel document that doesn't have my middle name. Maybe I'll send a library card.

For fun, I tried registering an Asia Miles account with my first name in surname field and last name in given name field, so it would show in the right order. Citi transfer failed also.

By the time I created a 3rd Asia Miles account with names in the right field but no middle name I got issues with their phone account verification and gave up on Citi, since by then Amex went through.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: n/a
I am also not able to transfer to asia miles from TYP either online or on the phone. They told me to call AM. AM said there was nothing wrong. Want to downgrade my prestige...
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Just a quick update - was still unable to transfer to AM this morning but the error message changed. Called citi and they manually transferred. TYP deducted and AM transaction showed up in about 2 hours. All good, just a little laborious.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Looks to be working again. Just transferred points to Asia Miles, and confirmed on the AM side.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Working again for me on 1/12. 85k instantly posted.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Searched and found this thread. I am having the same issue with Qantas now. Have a redemption in mind and really want to transfer. Tried calling, escalating multiple browers, phone. Still keep getting error. Anyone else have this going on with qantas? Was successful transferring points to lifemiles instantly.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Same issue today for me with a transfer to Choice Privileges. Citi customer service says the transfer was refused by Choice, but they don't know why. Profile information looks identical to me. Any idea? :/
Old May 29, 2022, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Weekends are for maintenance. Monday is a holiday in USA. I would try again on Tuesday.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Still not working. Neither Citi nor Choice can help in any way. It’s just ridiculous how bad Citi’s customer service is.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Still not working. Neither Citi nor Choice can help in any way. It’s just ridiculous how bad Citi’s customer service is.
Getting the "When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help." error online when trying to transfer from Citi to Choice.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Exactly. Same thing here. Citi says "I can see that Choice is refusing the transfer", Choice says "I've never even heard about that... You should talk to Citi". Ugh. Citi really is the worst bank.
SPLP007 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:16 am

Still no luck transferring to Choice a month later...
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:18 am

They are so utterly useless. Has someone tried opening a support case? There's definitely no point in calling them, they won't even understand the question.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
They are so utterly useless. Has someone tried opening a support case? There's definitely no point in calling them, they won't even understand the question.
Has anyone had any luck transferring citi to choices? I need to book a hotel, and realized I have lots of citi thank you points saved up. But it gives me that same error when I try to transfer them. I created a choices account just today, could that be the issue?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:38 pm

Someone recently reported on Reddit the he had received the points in his Choice account, but that they weren’t deducted from his Citi account. So I guess it’s working for some people at least…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.