Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ThankYou Airline or Hotel Transfer Errors

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: MARRAMBQatar Gold, United Plat,Delta Plat,HH Diamond,GSA Black, Hertz Plat, Spire Elite, Accor Plat
Anyone having issues with XFER to Qatar? 4 days and still no dice... Called multiple times... was told it was a" citi problem" connecting with qatatr, check back every monday.... BLOWS my mind how they get away with such horrible customer service....
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:17 am
vji

having the same issue transferring to TK today.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I'm also having issues with TK today
Hussain likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Alaska
Are these issues resolved for anyone? I am relatively new to this, but I have been trying multiple times a day since Friday, and unable to transfer TYP to my TK account. I have tried deleting my middle initial from my TYP account to match my TK account, have tried to enter the M&S number with and without the TK, and still no success - getting the red error message from Citi.

Is there something I'm missing? I would have expected the issue to be resolved over the past 48-72 hours? I am trying to ensure a return flight in early September, and running up against the deadline to do so.

Any input would be appreciated!
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:40 am

I called Citi to perform the transfer themselves, they said Qatar and TK are having transfer issues. I've been trying for about a week. As of Friday, Citi is now blaming TK for the issue. I tried again last night but the Citi transfer portal was done for maintenance. I thought that might be a good thing and I'd be able to transfer this morning, but it's still not working...
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I guess this isn't exactly good news, but when I tried to transfer ThankYou points to Choice, the Citi agent couldn't do it over the phone either and blamed Choice. While Choice customer service hadn't even heard about ThankYou points...
I suspect that Citi's customer support only has access to the same tools as their customers.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Alaska
I have called multiple times daily over the 3-4 days, and it seems Citi has had maintenance at least twice overnight, with no resolution this morning. I tried calling both Citi and Turkish, and they both blame each other. I've opened a "feedback" with Turkish, and 2/3 of the Citi agents I called said they are aware of the issue but working on it, while some aren't even aware of any issue.

I was able to transfer to Lifemiles within minutes, but of course, they aren't showing the same availability as Turkish (as I am trying to fly to/from Istanbul). I'm giving up on the outbound and booking United with two connections (ugh), but would really like this to work for the return.

In the meantime, still getting this:
When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help.

If anyone has better luck, some feedback would be much appreciated.

Does it make a significant difference if my Citi Thank you account has my middle name while Miles and Smiles does not? Should I be entering a "feedback" to have miles and smiles add my middle name, or will that just make it all worse?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:19 pm

Same issue here with Turkish Airlines since yesterday.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:55 am

Any updates?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:31 am

I could not transfer my thankyou points to travel partners. I have tried Jetblue, Avianca, and shop your way. I combined my thankyou account recently online. Could that be a cause? I had no issue transfering to jetblue before the combination. The agent could not tranfer from her side either. She said she has escalated it to higher department. I doubt whether that will be useful

I could not transfer my thankyou points to travel partners. I have tried Jetblue, Avianca, and shop your way. I had no issue transfering to jetblue before. The agent could not tranfer from her side either. She said she has escalated it to higher department. I doubt whether that will be useful.
Showing the

When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help.

Last edited by mia; Feb 14, 2023 at 9:12 pm Reason: Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by spx448611930
I could not transfer my thankyou points ....
Which credit card(s) do you have? What happens when you attempt a transfer?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Which credit card(s) do you have? What happens when you attempt a transfer?
Premier, Reward+ and double cash.
It shows this message, after i input the amount and partner account number and click continue:When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I could not transfer my thankyou points to travel partners. I have tried Jetblue, Avianca, and shop your way. I had no issue transfering to jetblue before. The agent could not tranfer from her side either. She said she has escalated it to higher department. I doubt whether that will be useful.
Showing the

I am getting the same, though had another friend who was able to transfer to EVA today so not sure what's going on.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
I am getting the same, though had another friend who was able to transfer to EVA today so not sure what's going on.
It seems to be fixed now. I just transfer 14k to Jetblue and it is deposited instantly.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:01 pm

I could not transfer my thankyou points to travel partners...
Someone reported success earlier by adding the airline code to the FFN, e.g. TK#########. Have you tried it yet?
gya007 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.