FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

gumercindo Jul 6, 2019 11:31 am

Originally Posted by pitching51 (Post 31275516)
None of my 5/15 or 6/15 mailers are working at the moment. Anybody else experiencing this!?

just tried my 5/15 and same

muji Jul 6, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by pitching51 (Post 31275516)
None of my 5/15 or 6/15 mailers are working at the moment. Anybody else experiencing this!?

Just checked my "apply by 6/15/19" mailer (65k bonus, $4k spend); it still loads.

pitching51 Jul 6, 2019 11:41 am

Weird mine are loading now again - must be another Citi IT bug haha

wyogold Jul 6, 2019 2:44 pm

Applied today with 5/15 mailer, 60K / 3K, called in to confirm, received text message, got approved for 19.5K.

I'm sure going to miss these easy peasy miles.

gumercindo Jul 6, 2019 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31276070)
Applied today with 5/15 mailer, 60K / 3K, called in to confirm, received text message, got approved for 19.5K.

I'm sure going to miss these easy peasy miles.

I’ve got my last 5/15 mailer that I plan to use next week. Will be it for some time, I fear.

mia Jul 7, 2019 3:56 am

Moderator action

A dozen tangential posts have been moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...ce-hawaii.html

michaelr Jul 7, 2019 6:56 am

I have been doing several rounds of these as well. However, the 60k bonus did not post for me like it usually does from the round I did using a 5/15 code. The points for the spend did post without any issues. My wife applied on the same day and did not have this issue. My card went into pending status and after a call and verification was approved at the time.

jiaogulan Jul 7, 2019 11:00 am

Originally Posted by pitching51 (Post 31275606)
Weird mine are loading now again - must be another Citi IT bug haha

Citi's systems had serious outages yesterday. I couldn't load my accounts online, or even register for online access for my latest (final?) Platinum Select!

RobertHanson Jul 7, 2019 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 31278398)
Citi's systems had serious outages yesterday. I couldn't load my accounts online, or even register for online access for my latest (final?) Platinum Select!

Yeah, I tried to log in yesterday, and after the second attempt, they said my account was locked for "multiple incorrect logins" and I needed to reset my password. Sorry, but I hate doing that as it makes it too hard to remember the eleventy-seven passwords, so I just logged off. Went back today, and the original ones worked just fine. ;)

wyogold Jul 7, 2019 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31279337)
Yeah, I tried to log in yesterday, and after the second attempt, they said my account was locked for "multiple incorrect logins" and I needed to reset my password. Sorry, but I hate doing that as it makes it too hard to remember the eleventy-seven passwords, so I just logged off. Went back today, and the original ones worked just fine. ;)

The fact that Citi's IT is still stuck in the 90s is a good sign for this churn to continue or for another one to emerge eventually.

MaxVO Jul 7, 2019 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31279385)
The fact that Citi's IT is still stuck in the 90s...

You may not be old enough to remember. But Citi was the first major bank to go online. They came up with a well-designed, secure, logical, and perfectly working web site. For several years in the 90s they owned the state of the art of online banking. Obviously that was well before IT for outsourced to South Asia.
So your hyperbole really means completely opposite of what you likely intended to say.

wyogold Jul 7, 2019 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31279416)
You may not be old enough to remember. But Citi was the first major bank to go online. They came up with a well-designed, secure, logical, and perfectly working web site. For several years in the 90s they owned the state of the art of online banking. Obviously that was well before IT for outsourced to South Asia.
So your hyperbole really means completely opposite of what you likely intended to say.

I'm not sure Asian programmers can be blamed for the current state of the website. The removal of SM and forcing chat / phone call is likely a marketing decision to make cancelling etc harder. I don't know why Citicards.com doesn't work half the time, but LOALIA (log off and log in again) usually does the trick for me.

90's tech or not, Citi's IT has been in need of a major overhaul for years, - it seems to me they have a bunch of disparate systems that somehow manage to work together most of the time through the electronic equivalents of duct tape and tiewraps , and that any major changes are too likely to just completely F up this delicate balance to even bother trying. Of course, the longer this remains the case, the bigger the problem gets.

MaxVO Jul 7, 2019 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31279498)
90's tech or not...

The events in your rant happened earlier this year, whereas in the 90's the site was a pleasure to work with.
Actually your post 1465 had a more reasonable attitude toward the recent events, minus the reference to a wrong decade.

RobertHanson Jul 7, 2019 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31279416)
Citi was the first major bank to go online. They came up with a well-designed, secure, logical, and perfectly working web site. For several years in the 90s they owned the state of the art of online banking.

Well, what they had in the 90s may have been quite good by 90s standards, but @25 years later, it's quite a mess. Citi can't count, so we have to go several extra days for our apps. You'd think a computer could at least count a small number of days.

Worse, for several years now, when I call the number on the back of my card, I'm asked "what are last 4 numbers on your card?". I say those numbers, and the computer says, "we're (sic, since there is no one there) having some trouble finding your account" and it asks for the 4 numbers again. Then "we're having some trouble finding your account, please say your entire card number", which then leads to "welcome Robert". I've told the CSRs that the computer can't find my account with the last 4 numbers, but nonetheless asks for them twice every single time, well over a year ago, but nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

NTP9766 Jul 7, 2019 6:17 pm

Citi probably has the capability to accurately count, but the guy in charge of it all is probably an FT reader who enjoys screwing with us.