FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

LWT3 Nov 19, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31751476)
You need to reduce credit line to $2000 prior to closing the card, otherwise the credit remains tied up for some period (maybe as long as months). When you reduce credit limit on a card the amount reduced is immediately available for a new card.

That was definitely the case for a long time, and it was possibly always the case, but there was a time fairly recently when some people insisted that credit was freed up immediately based on the limits they were receiving during the mailer churn. In any case, the advice to lower the CL to the minimum ASAP is still wise.

For what it's worth, we had the same experience with getting a $1,500 CL on a card. We applied on day one and the app went pending for further review, then we had lowered CLs and closed another card the same day, then Citi's fraud department called about five days later to verify that we really applied, and at that point they said congratulations, you have been approved with a $1,500 CL. So based on that, it appears pretty clear the CL isn't freed up over just a night or two.

gumercindo Nov 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Is there a thread on useaamiles redemptions?

Finding some odd things. For example, the points required changes as soon as I add a child to the reservation. For the purpose of using useaamiles, anyone have any luck in booking as 2 adults and then adding on a child (or 2:)) later on directly with the hotel?

IkeEsq Nov 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31754971)
Is there a thread on useaamiles redemptions?

Finding some odd things. For example, the points required changes as soon as I add a child to the reservation. For the purpose of using useaamiles, anyone have any luck in booking as 2 adults and then adding on a child (or 2:)) later on directly with the hotel?

I think that is fairly normal for a lot or hotel sites, especially outside of the US. Rooms for 3+ are often more expensive (sometime much more) than rooms for 2, even if the third is a child.

fletchbo Nov 20, 2019 7:10 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31755465)
I think that is fairly normal for a lot or hotel sites, especially outside of the US. Rooms for 3+ are often more expensive (sometime much more) than rooms for 2, even if the third is a child.

Correct, many hotels outside US charge for extra occupants, even when the room has bedspace for that many. Just choose 2 max adults for the booking, and pack as many people in the room as you are comfortable with when you arrive :)

mak101 Nov 21, 2019 10:37 am

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8e92798476.png
email offer

I have one old account but never applied under that account but used its mail offers to apply under different accounts until mailers stopped. I opened two new accounts with new email id about 6 weeks ago but I am not receiving any offer but reeving generic offers as in attached picture without any promotion code and when I click on "Apply today", it does not pre-fill information so I believe its not the churnable link. What else should I do to start receiving promotion emails? any suggestion?

Thanks.

AlexTheMan Nov 21, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31732241)
chat working for any of you guys? I keep getting a "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation" message when I'm clearly logged in.

Had the same issue on my accounts for a few months. Called and opened a ticket but no fix. Then my wife's accounts became messed up the same way. Using different browsers, or private mode did not help. Just tested unlinking one of my accounts and creating a new user name and adding that account to it. Chat works again with the new login.

DVDBob Nov 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31747300)
Well in the OP's case its $18K in open credit at Citi.............9 open cards times $2,000 each

I lower the cards to $2k after the spend is made AND the balance is at zero then cancel around 6 months.

Maybe it doesn't make a difference but I always get IA and have a FICO over 800 despite HEAVY churning.

How are you lowering the CL? Chat?

Robl Nov 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 31762480)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8e92798476.png
email offer

I have one old account but never applied under that account but used its mail offers to apply under different accounts until mailers stopped. I opened two new accounts with new email id about 6 weeks ago but I am not receiving any offer but reeving generic offers as in attached picture without any promotion code and when I click on "Apply today", it does not pre-fill information so I believe its not the churnable link. What else should I do to start receiving promotion emails? any suggestion?

Thanks.

Yours is not a churnable link. Nobody knows the secret to generating emailers but you may just have to wait longer than 6 weeks. Make sure you are signed up for offers.

flyer4512 Nov 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by DVDBob (Post 31762946)

Yes, I lower CL and cancel cards via CHAT

xyzxyzxyz Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by DVDBob (Post 31762946)

Not being a 'chatty Cathy', I just call the number on the back of the card, explain to the CSR that the CL is high enough to make me 'nervous' (they never ask me to explain that), and ask them to lower it to $2K. They are always happy to do it, and it just takes a few minutes.

mak101 Nov 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 31762974)
Yours is not a churnable link. Nobody knows the secret to generating emailers but you may just have to wait longer than 6 weeks. Make sure you are signed up for offers.

Thanks Rob for confirming it. How do I signed up for offers after login. Can you please guide me?

Thanks.

nm, I found it - Your account -> Edit account - Email and fare alerts

It was all checked but I removed it and rechecking it tomorrow -it may click after resetting it.

Thanks.

rukmi86 Nov 22, 2019 12:25 pm

hi Guys,

i used to get a lot of AA mailers but recently i used 2 of them & they stopped all of a sudden. Has anyone other then me faced the same kind of problem? the mailers were for my parents and i changed the name on them before applying. My parents do not have any citi cards.
the last mailer i got was sometime in May 19 nothing after that.

Robl Nov 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rukmi86 (Post 31766434)
hi Guys,

i used to get a lot of AA mailers but recently i used 2 of them & they stopped all of a sudden. Has anyone other then me faced the same kind of problem? the mailers were for my parents and i changed the name on them before applying. My parents do not have any citi cards.
the last mailer i got was sometime in May 19 nothing after that.

Physical mailers have ceased for everyone. Email mailers remain churnable.

xyzxyzxyz Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 31766740)
Physical mailers have ceased for everyone. Email mailers remain churnable.

But if you haven't gotten emailers before, you most likely won't on the old AA accounts. You need to create new AA accounts, with a new AA account number, new first name, new email address and new phone number. You can use the same last name, and physical mailing address. It usually takes a month or so after you create a new account before you get your first email offer.

Since it seems you haven't been following this thread, I'll add that the new email offers are only good until the day before the listed expiration date. And they can be used for 2 or 3 different people, using the old fashioned "2 browser method", which you can find explained if you go back thru this thread for around a week or so.

mensday Nov 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Anyone ever had a new card lost in mail? I never received my card and had a new one issued. The second card welcome letter does not mention the bonus. Wondering if I will lose out on the bonus and if this now changes the 65 day period.