FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

seasidesilva Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Today, I called to close a Biz card, (opened Jun 2019) and was offered: spend $1,000 in 1 cycle; earn 1,000 bonus miles in that cycle, for up to 9 cycles.

It's been a long time since I was offered a bonus for not closing. Although, for 9,000 miles, I'd rather get waterboarded than drag it out for 9 months like that.

IkeEsq Nov 12, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007 (Post 31725695)
I opened two new ff numbers and new e/m's for each ff number -- I received invites in Oct and applied and approved ---in same two e/m received Nov invites ( Nov invites also used and approved )--

my question --have others had the same experience that they get invites multi times with same e/m and f.f. numbers even though used the invites ?--- if yes for how many months did/do they still keep sending invites

Using emailers does not seem to stop them from coming to that account.

IkeEsq Nov 12, 2019 5:33 am

Originally Posted by NRamos0330 (Post 31726541)
I'm curious, for those that church with citi AA, when the cc company asks you why you have so many citi cards recently opened, what is your general response?

I have never been asked in 7+ years, even when having 5+ identical cards. Often a CSR will comment on it like I must be a great customer. I have a hard time disagreeing.

GrantUSMC Nov 12, 2019 10:05 am

anyone know the subject line for these emails? I know I had one that expired in November, but I can't find it in my gmail (been searching all morning). ugh!

fromfall98 Nov 12, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by GrantUSMC (Post 31729118)
anyone know the subject line for these emails? I know I had one that expired in November, but I can't find it in my gmail (been searching all morning). ugh!

<NAME> - earn 50,000 bonus miles to jump start your AAdvantage membership.

xyzxyzxyz Nov 12, 2019 1:10 pm

I'm curious, for those that church with citi AA, when the cc company asks you why you have so many citi cards recently opened, what is your general response?

The OFFICIAL answer, which I have used multiple times (yes, I did trade mark it, but you have my permission to use it all you want) is:

"Because it's such a great card" ! :p

Trust me, Citi CSRs have no answer for that. What are they going to say? No it's not? ;)

Rarely I've been asked that, over the years. And the first time, before I figured out the above response, the CSR, apparently talking to himself, said "you probably just want another sign up bonus..approved". :)

PresskittJon Nov 12, 2019 3:01 pm

"I'm a collector."

"I'm a Citi AAdvantage card aficionado."

"My wife keeps insisting I get an updated card."

They laugh. We all know what's going on. They say congrats you're approved.

xyzxyzxyz Nov 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31725846)
Another example of Citi being Citi. Imagine being a non-churner and being interested in responding to such an offer, then you apply on the last day the e-mailer says you can apply, only to find out that - nope - December 11th really means December 10th.

As an additional data point, based on todays CRS call about my app 2 days ago, apparently you won't get auto approved unless you enter your SS# correctly. :p

Took about 5 minutes for the CSR to change it on the app, and then get it approved. I also forgot to lower my $16,500 CL on my previous card, which hasn't even gotten here yet, so this time I only was approved for $12,500. TCCL was @$36K before this last app.

gumercindo Nov 13, 2019 7:53 am

chat working for any of you guys? I keep getting a "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation" message when I'm clearly logged in.

venkallu Nov 13, 2019 8:49 am

I had the same issue with my spouces account for the last 2 months so have to call to cancel/reduce credit limit. My account does not have that issue. not sure how to go around that.

mia Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31732241)
...Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation" message when I'm clearly logged in.[/color]

Have you tried (1) opening the session on an Incognito or Private browser window? (2) Using an entirely unrelated browser?

gumercindo Nov 13, 2019 11:35 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31732489)
Have you tried (1) opening the session on an Incognito or Private browser window? (2) Using an entirely unrelated browser?

yep, tried incognito and a different browser. same issue.

flyer4512 Nov 13, 2019 5:20 pm

I reduced credit lines and cancelled an AA card via chat earlier this week

AlexTheMan Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31732241)
chat working for any of you guys? I keep getting a "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation" message when I'm clearly logged in.

Have the same issue with various browsers. Started about 3 months ago for me and last month for my wife.

gumercindo Nov 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan (Post 31737635)
Have the same issue with various browsers. Started about 3 months ago for me and last month for my wife.

Weird. Still the case for me, days later. I had to cancel/reduce CLs on several cards the old fashioned way - call.