FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

cb11 Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

You have a lot of frequent churners in this thread, prob some
of the most prolific on FT.

i was in similar boat as you few months ago. Old SPG accounts, and I applied and was approved, points posted.

mia Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by xyzxyzxyz (Post 31683479)
.... Marriott Bonvoy Boundless....

These would be in the Marriott and Chase forums. Start here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...dit-cards.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html

xyzxyzxyz Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cb11 (Post 31683518)
You have a lot of frequent churners in this thread, prob some
of the most prolific on FT.

i was in similar boat as you few months ago. Old SPG accounts, and I applied and was approved, points posted.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

xyzxyzxyz Oct 31, 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31683850)

Thanks mia !

epaairnow Nov 5, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 31679871)
The new two browser trick! Blast from the past.

Just did the 2 browser using one emailer for wife and I. She was auto approved and I had to call in. Awaiting letters in the mail to confirm 60k/3 month offer.

flyer4512 Nov 6, 2019 2:48 am

DP on recent emailers. 2 - 50K and one 60k bonus have posted in the past week or so. single apps in 2 player mode

AlexTheMan Nov 6, 2019 9:33 am

Trying to apply this morning for 11/6 invitation but I keep getting this error after filling invitation code and last name

We're unable to process your application at this time.

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan (Post 31708031)
Trying to apply this morning for 11/6 invitation but I keep getting this error after filling invitation code and last name

We're unable to process your application at this time.

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

Same. Annoyed.

steveo345 Nov 6, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31708032)
Same. Annoyed.

Keep in mind that the 11/6 (today) expired this morning at 12am EST.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by steveo345 (Post 31708116)

What?

xyzxyzxyz Nov 6, 2019 10:16 am

Originally Posted by steveo345 (Post 31708116)

So you are suggesting that the "expiration date" is not the last day we can use the offer. Which is the way I would have read it.

Rather it is the day the offer is expired.

However, up until now, AFAIK, attempting to apply with an expired offer did not produce a "system error" notice. It simply didn't give you an app page to even try to apply.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 10:20 am

Originally Posted by xyzxyzxyz (Post 31708195)
So you are suggesting that the "expiration date" is not the last day we can use the offer. Which is the way I would have read it.

Rather it is the day the offer is expired.

However, up until now, AFAIK, attempting to apply with an expired offer did not produce a "system error" notice. It simply didn't give you an app page to even try to apply.

literally nobody would read 'expires 11/6' as 'actually expires 11/5 at 11:59pm'. citi is just being citi, i.e., incompetent. so cool i missed out on 50k points, not that i can complain.

IkeEsq Nov 6, 2019 12:44 pm

I just tried three invitation numbers. One that is unused and expired months ago. One that expires today and was previously used. And one that expires today and I entered the wrong name. All came back:

The information entered does not match our records. Please be sure to enter it exactly as shown on your invitation letter. If you prefer, you can mail in the form attached to your invitation letter.
I suspect that whatever is happening with unused, valid numbers/names is not related to the expiration date.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31708740)
I just tried three invitation numbers. One that is unused and expired months ago. One that expires today and was previously used. And one that expires today and I entered the wrong name. All came back:

I suspect that whatever is happening with unused, valid numbers/names is not related to the expiration date.

Apparently it was already known (tho not known to me) that the expiration date is actually a 'no longer valid as of' date, which is stupid on Citi's part. I suspect Citi just generated a different error message for this round of expired codes... hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for a new batch of codes because I just threw 50k AA miles out the window by waiting until 11/6 when I was going to do it yesterday... I know better than to call the bank in this situation, but if this were a more legitimate situation I would definitely complain to Citi about 11/6 actually expiring 11/5...

ScubaAddict Nov 7, 2019 9:10 am

Common emailer text?

Hey All - for those of you getting the emailers I have a couple questions:

1. Which of your communication preferences needs to be 'checked'? (1. AAdvantage promotions, 2. News and Offers and/or 3. Third-party sharing)?
2. Identifiable verbiage in EVERY email? i.e. are they from the same email address? or every email has the same text - EXAMPLE: "Use this exclusive AAdvantage application number" - what are those phrases or email addresses?
I want to filter and flag email with this "common text" so I will notice them (I get hundreds of emails daily) - I am particularly interested in both personal and business application emails.

Thank you!!