Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYouŽ Preferred, Citi ThankYouŽ Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi PrestigeŽ, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I will probably renew one more time, I am up in Feb, if I renew now I still get over 6mos of 5x points and booking via concierge. Plus I can get the travel credit in 2019.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
It is really a shame how Citi devalued the Prestige card. Limiting 4th Night Free for 2x per year was a downgrade, but not a killer for me. Adding 5x points on airlines and dining is enticing, but was offset by removing the spend bonus for hotels or entertainment. Removing the opportunity to book 4th Night Free through the Concierge was a deal killer for me.

I have had the Premier card for nearly 3 years, for which I have been happy. Before removing the concierge 4th Night Free booking benefit, I was seriously considering obtaining the Prestige card to complement my Premier card. After, I chose adding the AMEX Gold card to complement my AMEX Plat instead for the dining spend benefit.

Honestly, going forward, I believe that the Citi Premier card is a better card than the Prestige. I will keep the AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold, and Citi Premier for a good amount of my spend. I can't see how the Citi Prestige would bring anything to the table that my other cards can't reasonably match. I have no interest in booking a 4th Night Free via an OTA, getting stuck in the worst hotel rooms per booking category, with no loyalty program credit or benefits. Citi needs to do better for their premium card offering.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:04 am

prediction: Citi concierge will not book any 2020 dates

seems in sync with Citi’s not applying 2x limit to 2019 bookings if made prior to Sept 2019.
suspect Citi is ready to be done with all concierge bookings, including processing rebates, as of end 2019.
this is Citi’s way to automated via thankyou.com.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Originally Posted by yugi
I tried, it's exactly the same. They couldn't find any special rates like on hotel website, but their rates were pretty close, like withing $10 per night. When hotel was offering $238 on a special rate, they were offering $249.
Wondering if they have availability for hotels that are NOT on the ThankYou website .. even if the rates are close. And I'm assuming they can't book corporate rates?

Perhaps I'll try to give them a call and just test it out .. if I get a few minutes.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I was comparing a few things last night, surprisingly TYP portal was showing me q better range of hotels than what I could find on Expedia, for a prospective Feb getaway.

Didn't make sense to me since its normally a thinner range.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by conde
but was offset by removing the spend bonus for hotels or entertainment.
Generally agree with you, but one minor clarification: 3x on hotels is not going away.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Generally agree with you, but one minor clarification: 3x on hotels is not going away.
Indeed, and if you book via an OTA it's 5X. (Or is the 5X only for brick and mortar agencies?)
linglingfool likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by moe8555
Indeed, and if you book via an OTA it's 5X. (Or is the 5X only for brick and mortar agencies?)
That's a very good point, the fine print does say:

Cardmembers will earn 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at airlines and travel agencies.
No mention it has to be B&M. Surprised this isn't getting more coverage, because as written, this would apply to all OTA purchases.
Thunderroad and akr1970akr like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by linglingfool
That's a very good point, the fine print does say:

No mention it has to be B&M. Surprised this isn't getting more coverage, because as written, this would apply to all OTA purchases.
For this, it was on my original prestige card as well, i do not get any credit for OTA purchase. don't waste your time, I even showed them the T&C, escalated to supervisor, no dice.
They said, ONE of their fine print doesn't have it, even though I have 2 showed travel agencies were included in bonus category. Clearly the T&C still not changed, it does make me think they intentionally do this so ppl think we would get bonus. Shame...
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
For this, it was on my original prestige card as well, i do not get any credit for OTA purchase. don't waste your time, I even showed them the T&C, escalated to supervisor, no dice.
They said, ONE of their fine print doesn't have it, even though I have 2 showed travel agencies were included in bonus category. Clearly the T&C still not changed, it does make me think they intentionally do this so ppl think we would get bonus. Shame...
Wow, thank you for the heads up! I'd like to see other reports about this if anyone else out there has something to add!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
.... i do not get any credit for OTA purchase....
Please be more specific. Do you mean a booking made through an OTA, but with a card transaction from a hotel, -or- do you mean a card transaction submitted by the OTA itself?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by moe8555
Wow, thank you for the heads up! I'd like to see other reports about this if anyone else out there has something to add!
I can't remember which one, but thought I had gotten 3x for a OTA travel agency booking once on my Prestige.

I agree that term should be clarified. I could understand if it was something like a partner one like Priceline or something, but it seems odd that is all encompassing - traditional and OTA. Especially since those will be likely big dollar expenses and it would suck to have them code wrong.

Airfares in any case may always look like air booking qualifying for the higher rate, whether booked directly or though an intermediary.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by mia
Please be more specific. Do you mean a booking made through an OTA, but with a card transaction from a hotel, -or- do you mean a card transaction submitted by the OTA itself?
OTA purchase on hotel, ie orbitz.

Below was the email I sent to citi a while ago.... I sent them T&C as well as the link for application. They do not care.
After back and forth, I got a call from citi executive office (maybe), confirming they do not give bonus point on any OTA booking, ONLY air ticket and hotel direct (note, OTA air ticket booking should be ok, since airlines charge directly to your credit card) .. They said sorry for the confusion, that's it....

"When I applied for the citi prestige card, I was told this will including 3x bonus on travel agencies. Yesterday, I went to the branch, and confirmed the same, I also called the citi hot line 18772882484, the agent told me, yes, the prestige card was including the travel 3x bonus,I tried to explain it doesn't show on fine print, he seems annoyed I am referring to the fine print. Lastly, he confirmed my card has 3x bonus on travel.
However, he was wrong as well!!! He told me travel agency is NOT included, while the fine print clearly indicated so. He asked me to call 18009505114, the phone agent just referring whatever on the note (victor put the note), without doing any research. I share the link with them. He sent me a link showing without "travel agency" as bonus category, however, I referred to his link's fine print on "pricing and information", it also stated it included "travel agency". The online rep said he checked with his supervisor, Amber, and they still said it's not including travel agency!! He just said he cannot do anything as my account only include air travel and hotel, NOT travel agency.

I just don't understand why there would be an argument? The card comes with "Citi ThankYou Rewards Terms and Conditions" and "Citi Prestige Terms and Condition", both stated the same.

And I seriously think they all need communicating with one another. If a supervisor is giving out wrong information, that's a HUGH problem!

Pls share my disappointment. Pls train your agents. Thank You

Below is the information I sent to your online rep, victor

CitiŽ ThankYouŽ Rewards

Summary of the Citi PrestigeŽ Card Terms and Conditions

With the Citi Prestige Card, you can earn ThankYou Points for purchases made on your card. Unless you are participating in a limited‐time offer, you will earn:

-- 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at airlines, hotels and travel agencies.

-- 2 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at restaurants (including cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants), and on select entertainment, including live entertainment, live theatrical productions, concerts, live sporting events, movie theaters, amusement parks (including zoos, aquariums, circuses and carnivals), tourist attractions (including museums, and art galleries), record stores, video rental stores and on-demand internet streaming media;

Also. the application link.
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...ge-credit-card
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Are you guys saying that if I make a booking on hotels.com with my Prestige I will not get 3x points???
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG GLD, Starbucks (SBUX) Super Duper Executive Gold Global Priority Platinum Prestige
Originally Posted by 355F1
Are you guys saying that if I make a booking on hotels.com with my Prestige I will not get 3x points???
Maybe we can crowdsource a list of eligible OTAs... I've gotten 3X points on Expedia and Orbitz (I actually did the math on my statement to confirm) for hotel bookings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.