FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 pm
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
It is really a shame how Citi devalued the Prestige card. Limiting 4th Night Free for 2x per year was a downgrade, but not a killer for me. Adding 5x points on airlines and dining is enticing, but was offset by removing the spend bonus for hotels or entertainment. Removing the opportunity to book 4th Night Free through the Concierge was a deal killer for me.

I have had the Premier card for nearly 3 years, for which I have been happy. Before removing the concierge 4th Night Free booking benefit, I was seriously considering obtaining the Prestige card to complement my Premier card. After, I chose adding the AMEX Gold card to complement my AMEX Plat instead for the dining spend benefit.

Honestly, going forward, I believe that the Citi Premier card is a better card than the Prestige. I will keep the AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold, and Citi Premier for a good amount of my spend. I can't see how the Citi Prestige would bring anything to the table that my other cards can't reasonably match. I have no interest in booking a 4th Night Free via an OTA, getting stuck in the worst hotel rooms per booking category, with no loyalty program credit or benefits. Citi needs to do better for their premium card offering.