FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi retention offers (2018 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1892266-citi-retention-offers-2018-2021-a.html)

andyandy Mar 9, 2018 9:44 am

Citi TY Premier: Low spend on card. No offer, went ahead and closed.

Andyandy

daniellovesflying Mar 10, 2018 10:45 am

Citi TY Premier 11k spend, 1-year-old:
Offered $95 statement credit for $95 spend in 2 billing cycles + 1000 TY Points for each month with $1000+ spend in next 16 billing cycles.

coolguy100 Mar 10, 2018 11:05 am

it is more and more difficult to get Citi retention offers... I paid annual fee with my citi premier card last year...I was too busy to call.
the annual feel just got posted again for this year......I called 3 times and no offer except the downgrading. darn it.

gmangg Mar 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Prestige: Yesterday got the 7 x $50 for $1,500 spend, which I find quite reasonable for a effective $100 annual card.

danhouston Mar 12, 2018 7:51 am

on the prestige's $50 stmt credit for 7 mos, any DPs of when the credit does post? few days after the stmt close date, or a month after the stmt date? TIA

Reikon Mar 12, 2018 4:46 pm

AF posted on my Prestige. I called multiple times and got no offers.

Biggie Fries Mar 13, 2018 6:26 am

Originally Posted by gmangg (Post 29511410)
Prestige: Yesterday got the 7 x $50 for $1,500 spend, which I find quite reasonable for a effective $100 annual card.

You and me both. Have to say that at first I was thinking it would be a hassle, but I have been knocking out the $1.500 pretty easily, and I do enjoy getting paid $50 monthly,

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 29514309)
on the prestige's $50 stmt credit for 7 mos, any DPs of when the credit does post? few days after the stmt close date, or a month after the stmt date? TIA

a payment that posts every month, on the day after closing.

Originally Posted by Reikon (Post 29516885)
AF posted on my Prestige. I called multiple times and got no offers.

Of course, without this offer, and if one were not grandfathered into the $350/night fee, one would have to be planning to use the fourth night free bigtime a couple of times annually to want to keep holding. Travel insurance is good, but apparently not as good as it was.

fuz Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Retention Department

Does Citi no longer use a retention department? I called twice regarding a retention offer for my citi prestige card, however, both times was not transferred to the retention department after talking with the initial agent about canceling the card. Each time they stated that there are no retention offers on my account and there is no retention department that they can transfer me to. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

mia Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by fuz (Post 29521252)
..... Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes. The frontline agents can see if your account is eligible for an offer. If you are they transfer you to the retention department, if not they tell you there is no offer.

linglingfool Mar 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Prestige: No offer, coming up on my 4th renewal. Have always had offers in the past, but spending in the last year has fallen off onto other cards. $7k, mainly in bonus categories. Frontline rep put me on hold, but only offered a PC/downgrade. At the $350 rate, still worth it at $100 net, but was hoping to squeeze it down further with a couple of $1500+ 4th night free hotel charges coming up.

flew-d-coop Mar 15, 2018 6:29 am

AA Platinum

AF posted on my 4 year old AA Platinum. Called multiple times and for the first time I received no retention offers. Lowered credit line and closed a few days later.

acker Mar 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Citi Prestige
Jeez! No retention offer on my Citi Prestige $350 fee! Tried 2 times, might give it one more try. I think it's my 4th yr of having the card. Always had luck in the past. Oh well, I'll keep it as long as they have that 4th night free. Agent said I had no offers on any cards! Prestige is my only Citi card with AF, all others were downgrades. Barely pay attention to what they are - only pull them out if they send me a promo.

staticx813 Mar 19, 2018 6:29 pm

called citi prestige for an offer, 1st agent didn't bother to transfer, told me there is no offer, so HUCA.

2nd agent was nicer, transferred me to retention, but says that they are not even going to take that call because it's past 37 days since the AF was posted so no offers are on the card, so call within 37 days!

update: you don't get your AF prorated either past 37 days as i was just told

danhouston Mar 20, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by staticx813 (Post 29544478)
called citi prestige for an offer, 1st agent didn't bother to transfer, told me there is no offer, so HUCA.

2nd agent was nicer, transferred me to retention, but says that they are not even going to take that call because it's past 37 days since the AF was posted so no offers are on the card, so call within 37 days!

update: you don't get your AF prorated either past 37 days as i was just told

call or msg citi again, should offer prorated refund

BDA shorts Mar 22, 2018 9:26 am

AA Platinum and AA Amex. AF has posted on the first but not the second. No offers on either card.

The odd thing was when I called the main number (for the AA Amex) and entered the last four digits of my card number, someone from Retention picked up immediately. No menus, no regular customer service agent, just straight to Retention.