Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
For my last stay in June, I proactively sent the folio and the credit was processed within the same statement period.
Interesting - i'm going to try this. Every one of my credits has taken 2+ cycles to post, and each time, I call ~2 weeks after the 2nd cycle to nicely ask them to check, which then results in the credit posting 7-10 days later.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by immaculate
Interesting - i'm going to try this. Every one of my credits has taken 2+ cycles to post, and each time, I call ~2 weeks after the 2nd cycle to nicely ask them to check, which then results in the credit posting 7-10 days later.
Got my credit today. Less than a week after sending in the folio.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Any word on whether 2020 concierge bookings will count towards cap? Or whether they will even be honored?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stallion114
..... 2020 concierge bookings....
Read here:

Citi Prestige 4th Night Free - Concierge Bookings - 2020 Stays
355F1 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Has anyone had trouble adding a Hyatt loyalty number and/club access award to a 4NF booking with the new online system?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I would expect a problem, based on Hyat's terms, but experience may vary at check-in:

“Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, home-sharing sites, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) Ineligible Rates also include (i) any night stayed at a Hyatt Residence Club resort pursuant to a Member’s Hyatt Residence Club ownership interest or any night stayed at a Miraval villa pursuant to a Member’s ownership interest in such villa (i.e., nights for which the Member does not pay an Eligible Rate as defined above) and (ii) any villa or residence rented (or occupied via authorization from the owner) at a Point Property except for nights where a Member rents the villa or residence directly from Hyatt through hyatt.com and pays an Eligible Rate. If you are booking through a travel agent or other third party and do not know if you are booking an Eligible Rate, please ask your travel agent or the third party about the type of booking (s)he is making for you and type of rate to be paid. Points awarded for stays at a Point Property outside the U.S. are based on local currency converted to U.S. dollars.
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/IA
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:37 pm

Response speeds via email good again. Was wondering as we are getting in our last weeks of this BEST benefit ever
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Has anyone had trouble adding a Hyatt loyalty number and/club access award to a 4NF booking with the new online system?
I had to call up Connexions to get the Hyatt reservation number and then I was able to add the reservation to my account on hyatt.com. I didn't get points or any benefits however. I'll probably only use my 2 4NF on hotels that don't have loyalty programs.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
For my last stay in June, I proactively sent the folio and the credit was processed within the same statement period.
Just want to thank OP for the tip. I was totally oblivious to this being a "thing," and had a spreadsheet where I tracked which 4th night credits I was owed, how many billing cycles it had been, etc. For my last 3 stays, I went ahead and sent the folios to the concierge (as a reply to the original booking confirmations) and got the credits ~10 days later. My mind is blown. Very bummed that just as I've discovered this, the benefit will now go away in a little over a week. I've already booked all my stays for the rest of the year, but don't have much visibility into next year's schedule, so I guess that's that.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
In addition to all the downsides of booking at thankyou.com, I was briefly looking at the website and it is very difficult to tell what kind of room you are getting. Particularly at resorts that have different types of rooms, often times it just says "double." Not great at all. I've never booked a hotel at a priceline type website and I guess this is just the way it is going forward for us
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Has anyone called aspire on there 561 number today? I’ve been trying to call and keep getting a messaging service without a message? How can I reach them? I’ve also sent a email for a hotel booking earlier this morning but haven’t heard anything. Usually they get back within 2 hours.

Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by KL808
Has anyone called aspire on there 561 number today? I’ve been trying to call and keep getting a messaging service without a message? How can I reach them? I’ve also sent a email for a hotel booking earlier this morning but haven’t heard anything. Usually they get back within 2 hours.

They are probably going to be swamped the next few days
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone tried to book a Mastercard Lifestyle & Travel Services rate (basically Mastercard's FHR) combined with 4NF recently? I haven't seen any DPs since the providers changed.

Edit: I ended up being my own DP; called twice and the agents both times said they're unable to do this.

Last edited by morphogencc; Aug 28, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm so annoyed with this thankyou.com whole thing. Looking at a room that is coming up $153 all in on every OTA out there for same room with Citi that's $165. The OTA breakfast inclusive rate is $169. With a Travelocity 10% off coupon, it goes to around $155. Citi doesn't offer a breakfast inclusive rate. And this is only a one night booking (I want to use up my points before I cancel this card in a couple of months). No way around any of this, I assume. Too bad no BRG with Citi.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 28, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
If I made a TYP portal booking for the 4NF benefit on a stay that happens in 2020, but is paid for today, before the 8/31 rules change, do folks here think that will use up my 2 nights for 2020? or will it count towards this years total ? or will it not count at all since its prior to the rule change?

It would be cheaper to book through the concierge, and I would get loyalty pts, but I want to burn up some TYP, and I don't totally trust that the 4NF reimbursements are going to work smoothly after the rules change. I've had a couple take 5-6 months, and I don't feel like chasing those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.