Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
...its not churning since it's different business :-)
Banks know that anyone can obtain an EIN for an imaginary business. No matter how the company is structured you will need to provide your Social Security number on the application, and Citi will see if you have an existing business card and how recently accounts were opened or closed. It's best to think of these as personal accounts for business purposes because they are based on your personal creditworthiness, you are 100% responsible for all the charges (even if made by a partner or employee), but you are giving up many consumer protections.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I recently applied for a platinum card after closing my Executive. My last Platinum closed about 13 months ago, so I am still within the 18-month window...and therefore no automatic bonus miles.
But I wanted to check in and ask if anyone was able to get a bonus offer over the phone, asking them to make an exception, any special circumstances for longtime Citi creditcard holders like me? Granted, the 18-month language is clearly stated in writing, but just wondering if anyone got an exception ever?
Just wondering, how do you know you didn't get the bonus miles? Did the welcome letter specifically not have it?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:59 am

Angry Denied For Too Recent Inquiry

New poster but long time luker. I have the 50K AA Personal MC, got it over 60 days ago, and recently applied for the 50K AA Business.

I applied for the 50K AA Business as a sole prop., which in my experience is slightly more difficult as the verifications backend these companies use sometimes trip up matching personal information with business credit scores/information.

What stuck out to me is how ridiculous the application process is with Citi. I was denied & told to wait for Snail Mail. Unsatisfied with this, I called and entered in my app ID, which told me that I was denied because my latest inquiry was too recent.

Surprised and knowing this was not in line with the 60 day rule posted on this forum-I reached out to the supervisor who was almost offended I had not waited for the letter. She told me she didn't know my status and I'd have to wait. After telling her the automated system said I was denied for too recent of an inquiry, she informed me that was not the case but would not tell me why I was actually denied (somehow now she magically knew the details of my denial). She also added that no one should have told me why I was denied.

She said I would have to call the number on the letter, but finished the call saying Citi has no reconsideration line (?) & that they would just confirm there was no error.

Maybe its because I'm young, but I find this whole process antiquated & ridiculous. Why do I need to wait for a physical letter? Its like living in the early 20th century. On top of that, Citi doesn't expedite the shipping its card (a nice touch other companies do-which I understand is going above and beyond). All said and done it will almost 4 weeks to get this card.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Banks know that anyone can obtain an EIN for an imaginary business. No matter how the company is structured you will need to provide your Social Security number on the application, and Citi will see if you have an existing business card and how recently accounts were opened or closed. It's best to think of these as personal accounts for business purposes because they are based on your personal creditworthiness, you are 100% responsible for all the charges (even if made by a partner or employee), but you are giving up many consumer protections.
Yes totally agree with that... I was merely asking whether the CSR can say you already have an account so you can't get this one... Chase for example lets you open two Chase Ink+ cards as long as the businesses are different w/o any issuse so I was wondering if the same logic applies to Citi cards
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently applied for a platinum card after closing my Executive. My last Platinum closed about 13 months ago, so I am still within the 18-month window...and therefore no automatic bonus miles.
But I wanted to check in and ask if anyone was able to get a bonus offer over the phone, asking them to make an exception, any special circumstances for longtime Citi creditcard holders like me? Granted, the 18-month language is clearly stated in writing, but just wondering if anyone got an exception ever?
And if you don't get a bonus, you now have to wait another 18 months, not 5 more months, since the 18 months is from the most recent open or close. So your most recent open or close prior to this was your close 13 months ago, but now your most recent open or close is the open you just did!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are not serious, right? Exactly how special you are so the bank should bend the rule to accommodate you (for another bonus) ?

It was only 5 more months but now you reset the 18 months clock to start anew on your recent application.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:21 pm

I applied for my first aa plat on 2/12/15 and was very quickly converted to world elite. Applied again last friday and just received the approval letter, with bonus language.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:23 am

Citi Business 50K?

Hi,

I heard somewhere that there is citi business 50K offer (I believe it is for TY points and it expires on 7/31), however I did a search in the forum and couldn't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ofer
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Have you been able to get a new biz card this way in the recent past?
Sorry for the late reply to this. No this was my first time. Looking at my records I don't know why I thought to apply the next day. I think I was going through my churn list and didn't think about it. We've closed my wife's business account and will try hers in another month or two.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by points traveler
I applied for my first aa plat on 2/12/15 and was very quickly converted to world elite. Applied again last friday and just received the approval letter, with bonus language.
Was your previous card a Visa or World Mastercard?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sapiro
... citi business 50K offer (I believe it is for TY points and it expires on 7/31)
At this time Citi issues one, and only one, business card. It earns AA miles. See item (15) in the Wikipost at the top of this thread.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by diseased
Was originally a world mastercard within two weeks of receiving it, it was switched to world elite
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by diseased
IIRC, there were no Citi Visa apps left standing in February 2015.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:15 am

So I'm very confused. I just applied for and received my 2nd AA World MC (19 months after last AA MC), however from posts on this thread it sounds like I can reapply shortly and receive another 50k card after the first is upgraded to WE MC, correct?

@points traveler - Which link did you do your second application using?

Last edited by nrdk; Jul 31, 2015 at 8:24 am
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:55 am

Quick question about the 60-day rule (just want to make sure my understanding is correct):

I applied for an AA card on 3/10 and activated it on 3/16
I applied for a Hilton (no-fee) card on 7/8 and activated it on 7/17

I should be fine to apply for the Hilton Reserve card at any time, since it would be the second application in a 60-day window? Or am I understanding it wrong and still need to wait until at least 9/8 to apply for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.