Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
15K bonus - 1k Spending Landing Page and Application
Note : Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

10K points for $1,000 in spend in first 3 months - Plus: Earn $100 Back as a statement credit when you get the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card and use it to pay for your Live Nation® ticket purchases of at least $100 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Print Wikipost

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by JonEJacobs
If they're not going to honor it, or if I have to jump through hoops to get it done, I'd rather know/test the waters in advance. If I'm going to end up needing to spend the $1,500 to get the points, I can put that to better use elsewhere. Then again, now that I'm "saying it out loud"...I can always just close it...
The 1st rule on flyer talk is never never ever call on a offer to ask if it's real! It's ok after 2 months to call if points haven't posted. But NEVER call on a offer................... and always do screen shots. It only alerts them to a mistake they made.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
The 1st rule on flyer talk is never never ever call on a offer to ask if it's real! It's ok after 2 months to call if points haven't posted. But NEVER call on a offer................... and always do screen shots. It only alerts them to a mistake they made.
I agree. And I also will get the 20k points. Filed a CFPB complaint and Citi responded accordingly.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:52 am

Multiple Citi Preferred Cards

I have three Citi Preferred Cards that I no longer use. Should I just send a message to close them both, or is there a better option? Each card has a 8k limit.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
doesn't hurt to keep them. they will help increase your average credit line age. you will have to make a small purchase on them every so often (6mo?) though - otherwise citi will close them due to inactivity.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by comptalk
I have three Citi Preferred Cards that I no longer use. Should I just send a message to close them both, or is there a better option? Each card has a 8k limit.
You need to be more specific regarding the T&Cs of the cards.

Same type of account does not mean T&Cs are the same.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
OMG ninim will you please find us a zombie link for the 20K preferred card? That 10K offer I saw yesterday just doesn't get me going.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Jun 28, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
OMG ninim will you please find us a zombie link for the 20K preferred card? That 10K offer I saw yesterday just doesn't get me going.
I Have a different link that doesn't mention the amount of bonus but it mentions the following statement:

"Bonus ThankYou Points and Statement Credits not available if you have had a Citi ThankYou Preferred card opened or closed in the past 24 months"

So i am guessing there is a bonus, because they don't add the statement unless there is one, it could be 10k it could be 20k, but it could be nothing

unknown bonus amount

PS: sorry i don't know where the thread for the Citi preferred is so i understand this is not where it belongs.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Well I admit I did ask for a zombie link, but...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, someone else may be interested in that 10k offer, if a 20k offer isn't found immediately, so please post a link to that 10k offer, since many people haven't been able to find even that.

Once we have a link to a live offer with any signup bonus, we can start a wiki in this thread to keep track of that (and anything else that seems worthy of a Preferred thread wiki). From there, we can improve if/when we find better offers.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:51 pm

OK here's the link.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK here's the link.
Wow, this 10k link is still alive!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:44 pm

This is interesting

" Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige cards opened or closed in the past 24 months. "

They are no longer considered separate products by Citi for receiving Bonus Points !
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
thank you for the zombie link! If anybody uses it and finds out what the bonus is, let us know here?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rover4618
This is interesting

" Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige cards opened or closed in the past 24 months. "

They are no longer considered separate products by Citi for receiving Bonus Points !
See:
That policy apparently doesn't apply until Aug 28.

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
thank you for the zombie link! If anybody uses it and finds out what the bonus is, let us know here?
That'll likely be too late, given how slow Citi is for approving cards this month. By the time some applies and reports back, it'll be after Aug 28 and so it'll be the last TYP bonus you can get for the next 2 years at least, and it'll only work if you got no other TYP card in the past 2 years. Would that be worth it for 10k?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:38 pm

I added 15k - 1k offer to the wiki for those who are interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.