Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
15K bonus - 1k Spending Landing Page and Application
Note : Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

10K points for $1,000 in spend in first 3 months - Plus: Earn $100 Back as a statement credit when you get the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card and use it to pay for your Live Nation® ticket purchases of at least $100 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Print Wikipost

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Originally Posted by pat_pat_tong
I think the points will be expired 30 days after you close the card account. Is that right?
pts expire 30 days if you close account, but 90 days if you transfer to another.

I did a transfer before closing, bought me 90 days to book a flight
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:12 pm

Applied, Got Please call ... Called and moved CL around, approved
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:01 pm

"Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi ThankYou Preferred card opened or closed in the past 18 months."

SO has one opened a few yrs ago, still open. Does it mean its OK for bonus as it is not opened, nor closed, in past 18month?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Citibank says no on points

Originally Posted by Tinker25
Applied, Got Please call ... Called and moved CL around, approved
I did this as well- moved credit from another card and did the spend and Citibank now says I do not qualify for the points (and I have never had a Thank you card). Going around and around with them, but they do not seem to be very flexible.

Open to good suggestions on how to deal with this...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTexan
... Citibank now says I do not qualify for the points...
What reason is offered?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What reason is offered?
This is what Citibank replied: "Our solicitations are used as a way to encourage new business or to offer an additional account to our customers.

Therefore, we are unable to apply the incentives mentioned in your solicitation to your existing account. If you wish to discuss options that may be available on your existing account, please call us. For your convenience, our number is listed on the back of your card."
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTexan
....existing account....
Sounds as if the agent copied and pasted the wrong pre-written explanation. I would start over, clarifying that you are requesting the points promised on your newly opened Citi Preferred account and not on you Citi Xyz account.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Sounds as if the agent copied and pasted the wrong pre-written explanation. I would start over, clarifying that you are requesting the points promised on your newly opened Citi Preferred account and not on you Citi Xyz account.
I think starting over is a good idea.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:33 pm

I had a weird experience applying for this card (for a relative that hasn't churned much recently). Previously, this person has always been instantly approved for Citi cards, but this time, the computer came back with an immediate rejection. I was a bit surprised, but figured that Citi is tightening their approval process. However, a week later, Citi sent an email saying "congratulations, you've been approved for a new card". Card hasn't been received yet though.

This particular account has never had a Preferred card, and currently only has a Citi Premier card (third year, paid the annual fee the past two years since got decent retention offers). I wonder if that caused the initial automatic denial. The account did use to churn through bunches of Citi AA cards (300K worth ) and TYP cards. However, the most recent Citi application was ~16 months ago. Otherwise, most recent hard pull was Oct 2014, and probably just ~3 hard pulls for the previous 12 months.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I have Citi Thankyou (not preferred) card which was converted to Preferred (online it says so), and it's a Mastercard, so I applied for this Visa version and was instantly approved. Didn't start using it yet, and not sure whether will I receive a bonus.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:01 pm

First time got pending status, called and moved the credit and get approved. but only with 3 K limit, just a regular VISA card but not VISA Signature. not happy about it.....
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:04 am

Still receive signup bonus points on multiple Citi ThankYou Preferred Cards??

I already have a Citi ThankYou Preferred Card,, so I applied for a Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students and was approved. However, it seems they sent me just another Citi ThankYou Preferred Card instead. How do I know if I will receive my signup bonus or not since I already have another card of the same type? I noticed on the Citicard page, it states:

Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi ThankYou Preferred card opened or closed in the past 18 months.

Advice?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:50 am

call and ask?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
I assume 20,000 TYP is the best available offer these days?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Citi Preferred TYP 20K Offer w/ No Spend

Surprised nobody linked this yet but here it is:

Citi Preferred 20k No Spend

You may need to go incognito if you keep seeing $1,500 spend requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.