Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
15K bonus - 1k Spending Landing Page and Application
Note : Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

10K points for $1,000 in spend in first 3 months - Plus: Earn $100 Back as a statement credit when you get the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card and use it to pay for your Live Nation® ticket purchases of at least $100 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Print Wikipost

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: All of em...
No annual fee too, so this is solid!
Great offer, thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:54 pm

Does the points transferable if you have the premier or prestige card? Just like chase freedom with sapphire preferred? Thanks a lot!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cubachao
... Just like chase freedom with sapphire preferred? ...
Similar, but with important differences. You can link multiple cards to the same ThankYou Rewards account, and all of the points (except for points earned through banking) will be redeemable just as if they had been earned with the best card. However, if you cancel the card which generated the points they will expire. This means you need to redeem all of the points earned with a specific card before closing the account, and it can be difficult to know if you have done this if the cards are linked, unless you flush out the Rewards account entirely.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mia
Similar, but with important differences. You can link multiple cards to the same ThankYou Rewards account, and all of the points (except for points earned through banking) will be redeemable just as if they had been earned with the best card. However, if you cancel the card which generated the points they will expire. This means you need to redeem all of the points earned with a specific card before closing the account, and it can be difficult to know if you have done this if the cards are linked, unless you flush out the Rewards account entirely.
After canceling a card, you can check Ty account for points that are soon to be expired and when.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:26 am

Great offer. I have a ThankYou Premiere, just approved with that 3 months ago. You think they would approve me with this one or should I wait? Still a bit new to this process. TY!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Got my shiny new TYP today. Is this purpose or accdient that you have to flip this card over vertically instead of horizontally to read the backside like all other cards?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:23 pm

Ouch, denied. First denial from Citi, maybe ever in 4 years?
I've got very high credit inquiries but just got 2 instant approvals from Chase & Barclays. Tried recon twice, so far no luck. Will continue, but am surprised to see Citi be so tight. They were always so easy in the past for me! Win some, & lose some.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Ouch, denied. First denial from Citi, maybe ever in 4 years?
I've got very high credit inquiries but just got 2 instant approvals from Chase & Barclays. Tried recon twice, so far no luck. Will continue, but am surprised to see Citi be so tight. They were always so easy in the past for me! Win some, & lose some.
how many hard pulls now?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by cubachao
how many hard pulls now?
Must be around 25 with the 3 yesterday... I wasn't in problems with the 8/65 day rule, but my report is definitely very active
Now when I call for recon they say they already reconsidered and upper mgmt said no. Win some and lose some!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Got my shiny new TYP today.
One week - half of the min. spend is in. How're you guys doing so far? How long does it take them to pay after the min spend is met? Next statement close?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:09 am

Bummer, no dice on recon. Now they just say that they already reviewed my app for a reconsideration but it cannot be approved - apply again in the future.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:04 am

I used to have Citi Premiere Pass in 2007 but got auto converted in 2011 to TYP. Can I apply for this card to get the bonus?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:19 am

Approved with a smallish CL. Smaller than any of my other city ones. Not sure if because the fact its a "less prestigious" card or they're is on to me haha.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:02 pm

30K sounds good correct me if I'm wrong that's about a $300 spend bonus and a little more than that for airline tickets ?

Also as ThankYou points no annual fee card offers go is 30K the ceiling or do they do 50K offers periodically ?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
After canceling a card, you can check Ty account for points that are soon to be expired and when.
I think the points will be expired 30 days after you close the card account. Is that right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.