Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Consolidated Offers 2013-2016

Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
15K bonus - 1k Spending Landing Page and Application
Note : Bonus ThankYou points are not available if you have had ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

10K points for $1,000 in spend in first 3 months - Plus: Earn $100 Back as a statement credit when you get the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card and use it to pay for your Live Nation® ticket purchases of at least $100 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Couldn't find the master thread, but I'm still learning how to maneuver around flyertalk. Feel free to delete or move.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...l/default.htm?

No Annual Fee

Earn up to 30,000 bonus ThankYou Points: Earn 20,000 bonus points after $1,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus another 10,000 bonus points after $1500 in purchases within the next 3 months.

2x Points on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment. 1x ThankYou® Points
on other purchases.

Last edited by beltline; Sep 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm Reason: TC
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by beltline
Couldn't find the master thread, but I'm still learning how to maneuver around flyertalk. Feel free to delete or move.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...l/default.htm?

No Annual Fee

Earn up to 30,000 bonus ThankYou Points: Earn 20,000 bonus points after $1,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus another 10,000 bonus points after $1500 in purchases within the next 3 months.2

2x Points on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment.3 Where do I earn more points?
Thanks I had been looking at this but couldn't find anything better than 20,000. Applied and accepted. ^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:32 pm

Ouch, my husband applied in July at a local branch with x5 points on gas/grocery/drug stores. Sent an SM. Will see if we get points.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
Ouch, my husband applied in July at a local branch with x5 points on gas/grocery/drug stores. Sent an SM. Will see if we get points.
Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:00 pm

Link says you could be approved for either the Thank You Preferred or regular Thank You card depending on credit worthiness. Any idea if the lesser of the two would forfeit your bonus? Website doesn't clarify one way or the other.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by contactcr
Link says you could be approved for either the Thank You Preferred or regular Thank You card depending on credit worthiness. Any idea if the lesser of the two would forfeit your bonus? Website doesn't clarify one way or the other.
I don't think that's a problem or they'd have to note it in the T&Cs. Also, I don't think Citi plays this "whoops you got the wrong card" angle.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
I don't think that's a problem or they'd have to note it in the T&Cs. Also, I don't think Citi plays this "whoops you got the wrong card" angle.
Thanks for the reply! You are subtly referring to Barclays, yes?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by teammjs
It's the first sentence in the T&C.. "If you do not meet our criteria for the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, your application may be processed for the Citi ThankYou® Card."

If you have good credit though, I wouldn't worry much about it.

The real question is can this be churned twice every 65 days like the Citi Hilton 50k card?!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 9:44 pm

Citi ThankYou Preferred

I just got approved for the Citi Thank You Preferred and wanted to hear your opinions of the card. It sounds like a decent card. How do you like the PrivatePass? Who manages the Concierge(Circles or VIPDesk) and how do you find the Concierge service on the card.

As with the ThankYou Preferred special events what are they? Any good complimentary events ?

I was told that in six months I could have this card converted to a World Elite MasterCard with the same benefits and no annual fee has anyone done this and if so how is it working out?

I was also told that via Travel Benefits you can get Airline Lounge access etc from the customer service rep.

Overall this looks like a great card considering you have the Chip and Pin as well.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:31 pm

what can you do with this 30k miles? transfer to AA? or book for air travel or hotels? any idea?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by cubachao
what can you do with this 30k miles? transfer to AA? or book for air travel or hotels? any idea?
Book air travel or hotels, or redeem for gift cards. There's a transfer option to Hilton I believe but it isn't generally a good deal.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:20 pm

Does anyone know the approximate time you have to wait between bonuses with the TY card ?

I'm going on 16 months

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Thanks I had been looking at this but couldn't find anything better than 20,000. Applied and accepted. ^

Make sure you read the T+C, you get 20,000 points for spending $1500 in the first 3 months then an additional 10K points for spending anther $1500 in the FOLLOWING 3 months

2Earn up to 30,000 bonus ThankYou points: You will receive 20,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $1,500 in purchases within 3 months of account opening and an additional 10,000 ThankYou Points after $1,500 in purchases within the next 3 months. Balance transfers, cash advances, fees, interest and items returned for credit also do not qualify as an eligible purchase. Once these post to your account, you may redeem for $300 in gift cards good at leading merchants or save them to use for other great rewards.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Make sure you read the T+C, you get 20,000 points for spending $1500 in the first 3 months then an additional 10K points for spending anther $1500 in the FOLLOWING 3 months

2Earn up to 30,000 bonus ThankYou points: You will receive 20,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $1,500 in purchases within 3 months of account opening and an additional 10,000 ThankYou Points after $1,500 in purchases within the next 3 months. Balance transfers, cash advances, fees, interest and items returned for credit also do not qualify as an eligible purchase. Once these post to your account, you may redeem for $300 in gift cards good at leading merchants or save them to use for other great rewards.
Yes it's a split bonus that you have to break up over two 3 month periods. But I find value in them. Just tonight I booked 2 tickets from EWR to HNL for a little over 31,400 points each on my Premier card. Cash was $408pp so they do pay.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Yes it's a split bonus that you have to break up over two 3 month periods. But I find value in them. Just tonight I booked 2 tickets from EWR to HNL for a little over 31,400 points each on my Premier card. Cash was $408pp so they do pay.
I just wanted to make sure people saw that and didn't miss part of the bonus

As far as value I just used 25K Delta miles(sky pesos, lol) for a $700 flight 330 days out, lol

You don't see many of those anymore

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.