Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by poser
Thanks..

I have transferred CL between citi cards before. I was going to try and transfer all but $500ish and then close the card a week or so late. The purpose of closing the AA card would be that I could churn it later on and transfer the limit to another card would keep it available to me if I would need to transfer any to open a card.
I've tried to consolidate my CL on the 2 HH cards ... but CITI doesn't allow this anymore (multiple calls with multiple CSRs) except when you apply and they need CL from somewhere.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I've tried to consolidate my CL on the 2 HH cards ... but CITI doesn't allow this anymore (multiple calls with multiple CSRs) except when you apply and they need CL from somewhere.
Dang, I just did it a few months ago. Thanks for all the info.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
I was about to pull the trigger for this card and read a lot of these posts - Are people still getting approved for this - looks like it is getting more difficult with citi refusing to reallocate credit lines? Also, has anyone who got approved not get the 50K HHonors points since the landing page from the link on Post 1 does not show the offer terms?

Wondering if I should go with this or go with the 40K listed offer
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by floyd777
I was about to pull the trigger for this card and read a lot of these posts - Are people still getting approved for this - looks like it is getting more difficult with citi refusing to reallocate credit lines? Also, has anyone who got approved not get the 50K HHonors points since the landing page from the link on Post 1 does not show the offer terms?

Wondering if I should go with this or go with the 40K listed offer
They'll reallocate, just not combine, from the sound of the little discussion I started yesterday.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by poser
How does that work? Do you need to call in and they state "we can only give you X amount" And you request that it be transferred from another card? I wanted to start chruning some AA cards and I was going to transfer my CL from my current AA card to a different card, close it and then apply for a different AA card so the CL would not be lost.
You know that personal CITI AA cards aren't churnable, right? The business card has been churnable in the past. Not sure if it still is. See the CITI AA thread.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer
You know that personal CITI AA cards aren't churnable, right? The business card has been churnable in the past. Not sure if it still is. See the CITI AA thread.
I thought they were every 12-18 months after closing.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PainCorp
I thought they were every 12-18 months after closing.
Closer to 18>26 months from app. date. That's not my definition of churning.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nks-first.html
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Agreed, but are there other options for churns with AA? I assumed that it was my only option.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:20 pm
Suspended

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nks-first.html
Ah, I'm a little more liberal, as long as it's not like Amex where they will not let you ever get it again, I consider it churnable. There are just different degrees of churnability.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:23 pm

Ah, I'm a little more liberal, as long as it's not like Amex where they will not let you ever get it again, I consider it churnable. There are just different degrees of churnability.
AMEX cards are churnable...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mosu84
AMEX cards are churnable...
From what I've seen they will only give you the difference between the bonus you got and the current bonus, if it's greater.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
They'll reallocate, just not combine, from the sound of the little discussion I started yesterday.
so just hit the trigger for the link that does not have the 50,000 bonus points listed on it and have faith that I get the bonus if approved?

I had a Citi AA card that I had opened more than 24 months back - I don't think there is any relation between having a Citi AA card and a Citi Hilton right?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by floyd777
so just hit the trigger for the link that does not have the 50,000 bonus points listed on it and have faith that I get the bonus if approved?

I had a Citi AA card that I had opened more than 24 months back - I don't think there is any relation between having a Citi AA card and a Citi Hilton right?
I have both.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
From what I've seen they will only give you the difference between the bonus you got and the current bonus, if it's greater.
incorrect. Let me use the free HH AMEX as an example

AMEX is churnable, but Free CC must be closed for minimum 12 months AND you must have any other hilton AMEX closed for 90 days.

Practically impossible:

So, for example, you get the fee free and want surpass

1/1/2010 - Fee free
10/1/2010 - Cancel Fee Free
2/1/2011 - Apply Surpass (get bonus for both)
11/1/2011 - cancel surpass
3/2/2012 - apply fee free (first churn 24 months later)

OR, you can play the upgrade/downgrade game and get 50k a year for 3k spend as mentioned here
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
incorrect. Let me use the free HH AMEX as an example

AMEX is churnable, but Free CC must be closed for minimum 12 months AND you must have any other hilton AMEX closed for 90 days.

Practically impossible:

So, for example, you get the fee free and want surpass

1/1/2010 - Fee free
10/1/2010 - Cancel Fee Free
2/1/2011 - Apply Surpass (get bonus for both)
11/1/2011 - cancel surpass
3/2/2012 - apply fee free (first churn 24 months later)

OR, you can play the upgrade/downgrade game and get 50k a year for 3k spend as mentioned here
Surpass and the Fee Free aren't considered separate products?

The way I'm reading the provided link is that the poster is choosing to downgrade to avoid fee, if waived. This goes against information I've seen posted elsewhere.

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 24, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.