Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:56 am

Now if I could have stacked my corporate on top of the 15%.... but agree, not even worth the click through.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Day 3: 40% leverage when purchasing points. 250,000 limit.

"40% bonus offer applies to purchases of 5,000 points or more. Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. EST November 20, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. EST December 05..."

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 20, 2019 at 3:44 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Day 4: 10,000 points for one stay only. Register by clicking on the "Register In 1-click" button in the email.

"Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay before December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights [sic] and more!"

Quick look at the T&C (apparent only in the email): "...This offer is only valid for qualifying stays, which exclude Vacation Rental property locations, and rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer as part of pre-paid wholesale rates, wholesale packages or senior tours... [Bonus points do not qualify for any elite bonuses.] This offer may be combined with the Members Only Madness rate discount only*... This email offer is valid only for use by and for intended recipient... The bonus points will be added to the member's account within 4-8 weeks after the promotion ends on November 22, 2019... Available to U.S. and Canadian residents only..."

* My emphasis

by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Day 4: 10,000 points for one stay only. Register by clicking on the "Register In 1-click" button in the email.

"Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay before December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights [sic] and more!"

Quick look at the T&C (apparent only in the email): "...This offer is only valid for qualifying stays, which exclude Vacation Rental property locations, and rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer as part of pre-paid wholesale rates, wholesale packages or senior tours... [Bonus points do not qualify for any elite bonuses.] This offer may be combined with the Members Only Madness rate discount only*... This email offer is valid only for use by and for intended recipient... The bonus points will be added to the member's account within 4-8 weeks after the promotion ends on November 22, 2019... Available to U.S. and Canadian residents only..."

* My emphasis

Question on this

the above states

which exclude Vacation Rental property locations, and rooms booked below certain rates

I can't find what a "certain rate" means.

I ask because I found a room at an Econo Lodge for $40 (AAA rate) and a cancellable member price for $42

I don't want to book it if its not going to get the 10000 pt bonus. I'm only booking the room to get the bonus.

Does anyone know what "certain rate" actually means? Would these rates qualify for the bonus?

by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!Book by midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019, for a stay by December 31, 2019, and you'll take home 10,000 bonus points! That's 10,000 points to use on a reward nights and more!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by uElliots

Question on this

the above states

which exclude Vacation Rental property locations, and rooms booked below certain rates

I can't find what a "certain rate" means.

I ask because I found a room at an Econo Lodge for $40 (AAA rate) and a cancellable member price for $42

I don't want to book it if its not going to get the 10000 pt bonus. I'm only booking the room to get the bonus.

Does anyone know what "certain rate" actually means? Would these rates qualify for the bonus?
Two things to keep in mind: First, $40 is officially the minimum rate for earning anything, all the time, though some of us have booked a cheaper room and been surprised to get credit sometimes.

Second: I interpret the "Members Only Madness" rate requirement to mean booking on the booking page that becomes available through the Day 2 email offer ("15% off" - and still live) gateway. The AAA, Senior or special company/club/organization rates (codes) won't do it. Actually, the regular year-round member rate won't do it. If you haven't received the emails for the Member Madness promotions throughout this week, I'd suggest calling Choice Privileges and asking them to put you on the mailing list. It doesn't take anything more than being enrolled in Choice Privileges for that. Good luck!
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:58 am

Yeah, I'm not sure how strictly that $40 rate is enforced. I had a stay at $38 at a Sleep Inn that posted fine for points. I'm guessing for most promos, as long as it earns Choice points it'll earn bonuses as well (the same verbiage is in the points-earning terms as well.) That said, that isn't proven, so I'd try to find something at or above $40 to be on the safe side.

For this particular promo, though, I would either book the rate from Day 2, or book the straight-up best-available-rate (without any discounts.) Anything else may wind up not earning the points. The rate showed up for me on the search page (after going through the link) as a preferred customer discount for "Rm Cambria Hotel And Suites" - so I'm hoping that's the correct one for the members only madness. I did book with it, and clicking back in gives an error showing that the code has already been used, so I think I'm okay.

Last edited by jebr; Nov 21, 2019 at 11:08 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

* My emphasist
I'm debating whether or not this would be worth it. Basically, $78 worth of points on a 40% bonus points sale, minus spending ~$40+... I just talked myself out of it.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by boxo
I'm debating whether or not this would be worth it. Basically, $78 worth of points on a 40% bonus points sale, minus spending ~$40+... I just talked myself out of it.
Hey, it'd be ~$40 for the points, plus a cup of hotel coffee thrown in for free! (And, actually, a $5 Starbucks card if you do a Sunday - Thursday night stay, if that's your chosen Extras option.)

It does make some sense if there's even a small use case for the hotel room, though. I wouldn't pay $50 for a room for our Thanksgiving travels without a bonus, but the 10,000 bonus makes the hotel free (and then some) so I don't mind breaking up the drive a bit to make that work.
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:41 pm

Two things to keep in mind: First, $40 is officially the minimum rate for earning anything, all the time, though some of us have booked a cheaper room and been surprised to get credit sometimes.

Second: I interpret the "Members Only Madness" rate requirement to mean booking on the booking page that becomes available through the Day 2 email offer ("15% off" - and still live) gateway. The AAA, Senior or special company/club/organization rates (codes) won't do it. Actually, the regular year-round member rate won't do it. If you haven't received the emails for the Member Madness promotions throughout this week, I'd suggest calling Choice Privileges and asking them to put you on the mailing list. It doesn't take anything more than being enrolled in Choice Privileges for that. Good luck!

IIRC, its a $42 member rate

it's listed on my email as a daily rate

I did get the email from the promo and clicked on the link from the promo to book this reservation.

So if this member rate won't do it, what rate should I be booking to qualify
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I cancelled and rebooked a two night stay over thanksgiving using the 10K point promotion. I used my corporate rate, so we will see if I actually get the bonus or not.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:09 pm

I'd suggest booking through the promo gateway to be safe. I don't know if it's relevant, but in a prior promo, after registering, I compared the promo rate and my Net VIP rate. Since my Net VIP rate came in significantly lower, I used the latter. I didn't receive the bonus. This time, I did the same comparison, and the "Members Only Madness" rate came in at $3 more, so I booked it ($47 vs. $44).
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:15 am

Day 5: The link in today's email returns to Day 1's sweepstakes page, without explanation.

ETA: Second email arrived with "10-20% off" gift card discount on...
Applebees
Bass Pro Shops
Bath & Body Works
Cabela's
Cracker Barrel
Delta Airlines
Fandango
Lowe's
Macy's

"Digital gift cards are currently unavailable ... The good news is plastic gift cards can still be redeemed and shipped to you."

" ¹ Valid for US members only. A selection of gift cards is available at discounted redemption rates beginning 11/18/19 and ending 12/15/19 at 11:59 PM ET, while supplies last... Only one gift card redemption can be made every 48 hours..."

Simultaneously, there's a separate email:

"Get 40% more Choice Privileges points!" that's a reminder of the Wednesday/Day 3 offer (no new parameters).
thunderdeacon likes this.

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 22, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I canceled and re-booked under the BAR just to be safe.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:18 am

Wow that was fast! Did the members madness booking on Friday(11/22) for a stay Sunday (11/24) and recieved the 10K bonus today (11/27)

Last edited by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS; Nov 27, 2019 at 11:12 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:40 pm

Same here - I checked out yesterday (11/27) from an Econo Lodge and got the 10,000 points posted today (11/28,) along with the normal points for the stay. Booked with the 15% off member's coupon from last week Tuesday and it applied normally as well. The stay also wound up being useful beyond the points run - with the winter storms here in Minnesota we were able to position ourselves a bit better for holiday travels and have less bad weather on our travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.