FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Upcoming Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1706335-upcoming-promotion.html)

FreeHotBreakfast Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Upcoming Promotion

No surprise, since it IS that time of year, but I received an e-mail inviting me to register for the latest Choice Privileges promotion: "Two stays earn you a free night". Same stay requirements, same 8,000 points for the same two "qualifying stays".

The details are no different from past promotions, the only real news is the dates: September 3 - November 11, 2015.

To register go to: choicehotels.com/earnafreenight

EVA777 Aug 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks. Came here just to see if the word was out yet. Figured it would be the 8k promo. The Sept 3rd start date works great for me.

FreeHotBreakfast Sep 1, 2015 7:48 pm

Just be sure to register (n/t)

:cool:

sdsearch Sep 2, 2015 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast (Post 25348735)
To register go to: choicehotels.com/earnafreenight

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast (Post 25364139)
Just be sure to register (n/t)

A little easier said than done:

https://www.choicehotels.com/notavail/en/Home.html
The requested URL /15771/notavail/en/Home.html was not found on this server.
in Netscape; I had to go to Chrome to be able to register.

Oh, wait, I forgot to print out a confirmation of my registration, and when I go back now in Chrome:
404 PAGE NOT FOUND:
WHOA! YOU CAUGHT US MAKING IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR SITE!

You may be here because:
The requested page has moved or has been removed
We don't have the link you were looking for in the right place yet
To get back on track, click the Choice Hotels logo in the upper left of your screen!

Thanks for your patience!

lougord99 Sep 2, 2015 5:38 pm

FreeHotBreakfast link took me to a registration page ( using Firefox ) and had no problem registering. ( www.choicehotels.com/earnafreenight )

Probably if I tried today, it wouldn't work.

Edit: I just tried the link again and it still works for me.

sdsearch Sep 3, 2015 9:16 pm

Today (the day the promo went live) the promo is on the main Choice Hotels page, whereas it wasn't there the day before. So today I was able to verify that I was registered "already" (and print it out this time) without having to explicitly go to /earnafreenight.

(Maybe I'll get a confirmation email that I registered someday, but as I recall, even when those come, they don't tend to come in a very timely fashion.)

But I'm sure all of the problems I mentioned above are intermittent. Certainly the one with Firefox periodically saying the login was unsuccessful (over and over again) has been popping up periodically ever since the new site appeared, but far from a majority of the time, just randomly.

tom_MN Sep 5, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm assuming that the terms in the email confirming the registration have sloppy wording, and that a reservation made on the choice website before Sept 3rd still qualifies.

"Book on Choicehotels.com or on our mobile app between September 3 – November 11, 2015."

Because it's the stay that has to happen in those dates, not the booking.

Don't want to rebook reservations.

lougord99 Sep 6, 2015 5:06 am

I think, but am not certain that you must book after you register in order to get the credit.

Rebooking the reservation would be the safe way to go.

sdsearch Sep 8, 2015 8:57 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN (Post 25382531)
I'm assuming that the terms in the email confirming the registration have sloppy wording, and that a reservation made on the choice website before Sept 3rd still qualifies.

"Book on Choicehotels.com or on our mobile app between September 3 – November 11, 2015."

Because it's the stay that has to happen in those dates, not the booking.

Don't want to rebook reservations.

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 25383859)
I think, but am not certain that you must book after you register in order to get the credit.

Rebooking the reservation would be the safe way to go.

The terms and conditions say nothing about when to book, only when to arrive. The only reference to booking is in how to book, not when to book. Here are the complete T&Cs:
*Free night is based on an 8,000 point Choice Privileges reward night level. Registration required at ChoiceHotels.com/earnafreenight before check-out. Members must book trips via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Corporate travelers may book through a travel agent or corporate online booking system. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. After a second qualifying trip with arrival between 9/3/15 and 11/11/15, members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two (2) separate qualifying trips. These bonus points will allow redemption for a free night at the 8,000 reward night level at over 1,500 hotels. A free night at most Choice Privileges locations requires more than 8,000 points. For Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria hotels & suites or Ascend Hotel Collection hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, or MainStay Suites hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Trips at vacation rental property locations and stays booked with the SEGEN rate code do not qualify for promotional bonus points. To be eligible to earn the bonus, members must set their earning preference to Choice Privileges points in their online account. Any change made to earning preference will remain in effect after the promotion has ended. Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion. For Choice Privileges program details, eligible rates, eligible countries and point redemption rules, visit choiceprivileges.com. Hotels are independently owned and operated.

tom_MN Sep 13, 2015 10:10 am

The terms and conditions say nothing about when to book, only when to arrive. The only reference to booking is in how to book, not when to book.

I'm with you, the terms of the email are way out of sync with the terms of the actual offer. No need to rebook.

Added Sept. 20: Stays posted just fine with credit for the promotion without rebooking.

SEAfarer Oct 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Just noticed the "members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two (2) separate qualifying trips."

I had been thinking all along about 8000. No mention of how they multiply the base rate to get anything between 5000 and 8000. Oh well. I'm already booked, and they work well for other reasons.

tom_MN Nov 6, 2015 10:56 am

This promo ends Nov 11. Anyone know how long a gap before this promo starts up again? Like maybe the first week of December?

genxer Nov 6, 2015 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SEAfarer (Post 25553716)
I had been thinking all along about 8000. No mention of how they multiply the base rate to get anything between 5000 and 8000. Oh well. I'm already booked, and they work well for other reasons.

So if you earn 1000 points on your first stay and 900 points on your second stay... You will get 8000 points - 1000 - 900 or 6100 bonus points.

lwildernorva Nov 6, 2015 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by tom_MN (Post 25673635)
This promo ends Nov 11. Anyone know how long a gap before this promo starts up again? Like maybe the first week of December?

Unlikely that there will be a promotion before the dead days of January. Choice understands that there's generally a lot of holiday traffic driving reservations after the middle of November into early January. That's when I'd expect the next promotion to start.

I've considered the holidays a time to burn points if the opportunity presents itself--and for me, it does in Orlando between Christmas and New Year's when hotels that see an uptick in business only between Christmas and New Year's are stuck with the redemption rates that they've posted for the remainder of that period when business in Orlando is dead. As a result, it's not unusual for me to spend 56K to stay in a decent hotel for a week.

EVA777 Nov 9, 2015 4:46 pm

If I am remembering correctly, there was a 3x points promo for booking on the app in December 2014.