Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Now a dead period while we wait for and speculate what the next promotion will be and when it will begin. This used to be the time I would shift my low-level stays to Wyndham Rewards, but with the devaluation there, that's not particularly lucrative anymore. So now I don't know what to do. I guess I will just look for the best price I can find regardless of the brand or kick the tires on Priceline.
This is the season for $50 gift cards, no?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels, Aeroplan, Enterprise
There is usually a 1-2 weeks between the two promotions
Old May 1, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I just completed my second stay Easter Weekend. Thank you to those that took the time to explain the secret site and how the promotion works. I appreciate it.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I received the email today; the 2-stay 8000 point promotion with a selection of discounted 8000 point gift card redemptions will be effective May 7 thru Aug 9. Much like last year, the gift card selection does not fit my lifestyle well, so I will most likely treat this promotional period like the previous one and use the bonus points for stays. In the more distant past, gift cards from WalMart and Shell were available, which fit nicely into my everyday life. The current lineup is not particularly enticing to me.
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:59 am

I received the email today; the 2-stay 8000 point promotion with a selection of discounted 8000 point gift card redemptions will be effective May 7 thru Aug 9. Much like last year, the gift card selection does not fit my lifestyle well, so I will most likely treat this promotional period like the previous one and use the bonus points for stays. In the more distant past, gift cards from WalMart and Shell were available, which fit nicely into my everyday life. The current lineup is not particularly enticing to me.
Do you have a link, I seem to never get an E-mail for promos.

Edit: Found the link

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/gift-card
thunderdeacon likes this.

Last edited by mtbiker99; May 3, 2019 at 9:01 am
Old May 3, 2019, 1:21 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hey, there! I want to start by thanking you for showing us your loyalty through the years. Feedback from our frequent travelers is how we continue to evolve our program. It's upsetting to learn that the selection of gift cards available doesn't meet your needs. Although, we are glad to hear the points will still come in handy. We appreciate your time and look forward to your upcoming stays. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any comments, questions, concerns, or want to just chat. Have a great weekend! *Julio
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
I am utterly frustrated !
Since the promo started on February 26, 2019 I have had 16 stays in Choice Hotels.The last stay was on April 24/25 and has not shown up yet in my account.
I discovered that points were not posting in my account and send in a request for missing stays. As a response I received the statement that points were posted to my "airline" account, which is not even listed under my profile, however, was apparently listed in the past under "Your Extras Preferences".
I disputed the points posting to the not-listed-airline-account, to no avail. I do not understand how this could have happened, since points for stays during the prior Fall 2018 promo posted correctly.
Now I am out 8 x the bonus points for Choice Rewards.
What a bummer !!!
Old May 10, 2019, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
We usually stay in the Orlando area for several days in the late spring, and I'm happy to report there are about TWICE as many Choice properties offering rooms at the 8000-point redemption level.

Can't speak about other areas, but this is good news for fellow central Florida-traveling Choice loyalists.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
I am utterly frustrated !
Since the promo started on February 26, 2019 I have had 16 stays in Choice Hotels.The last stay was on April 24/25 and has not shown up yet in my account.
I discovered that points were not posting in my account and send in a request for missing stays. As a response I received the statement that points were posted to my "airline" account, which is not even listed under my profile, however, was apparently listed in the past under "Your Extras Preferences".
I disputed the points posting to the not-listed-airline-account, to no avail. I do not understand how this could have happened, since points for stays during the prior Fall 2018 promo posted correctly.
Now I am out 8 x the bonus points for Choice Rewards.
What a bummer !!!
Hey, there! I can certainly understand the frustration. As a frequent member, you expect to earn Choice Privileges points on your stays, but this was not the case. Thank you for being a valued member and reaching out. Typically points may take up to 72 hours to post after check-out. We regret to hear of the significant delay. I hope we can get a chance to take another look into this and make sure you keep earning points as intended. Send us a message including your membership number, email, full name, telephone, and complete mailing address. We will be awaiting your response! *Julio
Old May 10, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Julio. The points are still quite valuable for stays and either way it is the most lucrative point promotion program in the industry, in my opinion.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
We usually stay in the Orlando area for several days in the late spring, and I'm happy to report there are about TWICE as many Choice properties offering rooms at the 8000-point redemption level.

Can't speak about other areas, but this is good news for fellow central Florida-traveling Choice loyalists.
It really seems to depend on the time of year - summer is pretty tough for finding anything in the 8,000 point range other than Rodeways and Econo Lodges, but I've found some exceptional hotels at that level in the Fall, Winter, and Spring all over the country. My strategy is always pay for stays in the Summer (that's usually when the "Stay Twice" promos are running anyway), then burn your points the rest of the year. I've racked up an incredible amount of points in the past two years (I've got the credit card too). I'm just hoping we don't see a devaluation any time soon (or ever).
Brendan likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does that mean we can save the 8000 points for two 2 stays? We don't have to redeem for the giftcard, we can save the points for the future stay instead, right?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Yes..
Old May 17, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Does that mean we can save the 8000 points for two 2 stays? We don't have to redeem for the giftcard, we can save the points for the future stay instead, right?
That is right! No pressure at all to use those points. They are yours to use as you wish since you have a few different ways to use them. Let us know if you have any other questions! *Julio
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:25 pm

I have a question for @ChoiceHotels or if some one else knows re: the free night promotion for two separate stays between May 7 and August 9. Does a check-in of 8/9 with a check-out of 8/10 or later qualify as one stay?
Also, for future knowledge, does the same apply for 5/7 check-in? [whatever that first date might be for any future promotions.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.