Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Something is wrong. You need to call. Bonus points post at the same time as points, which is usually 1-2 days after the stay. I have never needed to send in a missing stay request, so I don't know how long that usually takes.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starflyer
Anyone know how long the promotion bonus points take to post? I registered and completed a second stay nearly for weeks ago, and the bonus points haven't posted. I submitted a missing stay request about three weeks ago, and haven't received my missing points or even a response. Is the Choice Privileges tesm on vacation?
The promotion bonus points automatically post in the sum of the earnings of the second stay. They don't post separately.

Add up the points you earned for the first stay and the second stay. Do they add up to 8000 or more or less? If 8000 or more, you earned the bonus already, it's just not spelled out as a bonus in your online activity summary. (You may see the details only if you click view details for a calendar quarter, in which case those details come up in a separate window, and there they are sorted by category rather than by date.)
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Exclamation Fall promo details

STAY TWICE, EARN A FREE NIGHT*

Stay with us two separate times between August 31 and November 11 and earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN EARN:

Register below for the promotion. Not a member? Join for free today.

Book on ChoiceHotels.com, our mobile app, or by phone at 800.4.CHOICE to make sure your stays count.

Earn a free night! Make 2 separate qualifying stays to earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night

Again this year, Choice generously includes Labor Day weekend in the Fall Promo.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Good that they've caught up with themselves and now say "...good for a free night at more than 1,000 hotels..." as, of the places I watch, only Kissimmee and the San Joaquin Valley still have 8,000-point properties. Rohnert Park and Ventura have just gone up to 10,000, weeknights for the visible future, though I can't see the regular nadir periods in November-January.

Edit: Before my friend sd catches me, I now see 18 Kissimmee properties, Econolodges/Rodeways to Clarions, at 8,000 in November. :-)

Last edited by Firewind; Aug 21, 2017 at 5:22 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
Good that they've caught up with themselves and now say "...good for a free night at more than 1,000 hotels..." as, of the places I watch, only Kissimmee and the San Joaquin Valley still have 8,000-point properties. Rohnert Park and Ventura have just gone up to 10,000, weeknights for the visible future, though I can't see the regular nadir periods in November-January.

Edit: Before my friend sd catches me, I now see 18 Kissimmee properties, Econolodges/Rodeways to Clarions, at 8,000 in November. :-)
I just stayed on the other side of Orlando at the Quality Inn Winter Park for 6000 per night. But you're right, Choice has acknowledged that there are fewer hotels available at the 8K level.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind

As I just noted in another thread, it (pleasantly) astounded me that the EconoLodge in Oregon's eclipse central city, Madras (normal population just over 6000, Eclipse weekend visitors about 200,000!), stayed at 8000 points for this summer. While I wasn't able to get them on 8000 points for the night before the eclipse, I was able to get them on points the night before that, when their cash rate was several hundred dollars.

I doubt the cash rates are that high for the 8000 point properties in the Kissimmee area. In fact, how many of those 18 are worth redeeming points for (instead of just paying cash and earning points, at least through Nov 11)?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Right you both are re Kissimmee. Which I would usually just say about the cheapest dollar-wise. But, for the moment, the 18 @ 8,000 is a wide swath, making for some better deals than usual, IMO. I normally wouldn't think to look as far "up the chain" as Clarion for an 8,000-er.

And SD, it is astounding that those Oregon properties held during the eclipse as some of "mine" now spike for local big events - points as well as dollars. Example: Rohnert Park. Make that Sonoma County. And Monterey.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:19 pm

Below $40 doesn't earn points?

In the fine print for this promotion it says qualifying rates do not include rates booked below $40. Is that a new condition and does it apply just to this promotion or to any booking? I do get VIP rates at $39 or slightly less sometimes.

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
STAY TWICE, EARN A FREE NIGHT*

Stay with us two separate times between August 31 and November 11 and earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN EARN:

Register below for the promotion. Not a member? Join for free today.

Book on ChoiceHotels.com, our mobile app, or by phone at 800.4.CHOICE to make sure your stays count.

Earn a free night! Make 2 separate qualifying stays to earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

Again this year, Choice generously includes Labor Day weekend in the Fall Promo.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeff050
In the fine print for this promotion it says qualifying rates do not include rates booked below $40. Is that a new condition and does it apply just to this promotion or to any booking? I do get VIP rates at $39 or slightly less sometimes.
Well, where exactly did you see it? Isn't it here:
(at Earning Points section 7) which has nothing to do with any specific promotion?

But it's been mentioned in this forum several times, and it's not clear whether or how it's enforced.

For example, they could mean that if the "base rate" is under $40, then you don't earn points, no matter which rate you use, but if the "base rate" is $40 or more, and you're simply using a qualified discount to lower that rate, then it doesn't count that as under $40? We don't know, we just know that several people have reported earning points on special rates just under $40, while no one (that I recall) has reported whether they earned points on a rate so far under $40 that every rate (even non-discounted) must have been under $40.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Jeff050
That's been a stipulation for quite a few promotions now, but YMMV whether the under $40 rate ends up actually excluded or not.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lougord99
FreeHotBreakfast link took me to a registration page ( using Firefox ) and had no problem registering. ( www.choicehotels.com/earnafreenight )

Probably if I tried today, it wouldn't work.

Edit: I just tried the link again and it still works for me.
Link not working:
404 PAGE NOT FOUND .....
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Link not working:
404 PAGE NOT FOUND .....
It's not working because you quoted / used a link from 2016!!!!!!! Choice changes the promo links periodically!

1. Now that that promotion has started, all you have to do is to go the main Choice page, "scroll down for promotions" as they say, and there it is: "Stay Twice. Earn a Free Night" with a "Learn More" button.

2. When you click on 'Learn More", it currently takes you to:

which is a slightly different link than you quoted from 2016, but is the exact same link used several posts above yours (in posts from the past week or two).

I just realized this thread has no wiki so I started one to explain this possible confusion. If you're using the desktop version of FlyerTalk, you should see it automatically now. (Unfortunately, wikiposts atop threads don't display for those using the mobile version of FlyerTalk.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 4, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up new "stay 2 earn 8000" promo April 2 to May 25

After a long dearth, MiaSkye89 reported that there's finally a stay 2 get 8000 promo April 2 to May 25:

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Finally! But, of course, when I try to register for the promo, I get an error message. . .
As I recall, that's common in the early days of Choice promotions.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Finally! But, of course, when I try to register for the promo, I get an error message. . .
Yeah, getting the same:

WE'RE SORRY, AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
NO Problem registering

Originally Posted by jackal
Yeah, getting the same:
I just signed up with no problem at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.