Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAMed Again, but maybe a solution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA, SWA, HA, Qantas
Originally Posted by ralfp
Poor ....... indeed, sitting in F, typically about as well disguised as an unmarked Crown Victoria.

They'll say "Good morning" to me too?
Exactly. Why would I say anything else?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jetboyds
...I cannot say exactly what seats and what aircraft and what flights ...
Allow us to do it for you.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by law dawg
Probably a little different response, I'd wager.
Something like, "Sir, good morning. I'm going to blow my cover and get this flight canceled because you've recognized the invariants in my behavior and positioning on this airplane that have been well documented in public forums. I'm doing this, not because anyone else necessarily knows what you're talking about or even heard what you said, but because I find it difficult not to. You see, my job is boring... and, I know, all but meaningless. So, I'm going to kick your ... for no good reason... just because it will enliven my empty existence and, because my boss can use '9/11' in a sentence, I will get away with it."

Is that it?

Last edited by sinanju; Dec 11, 2007 at 7:52 pm
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the edit.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by mmartin4600
Thanks for the edit.
I wanted to make my point, not send the thread to OMNI.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:34 pm

For the record. My job might be boring, but I don't find it meaningless.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:41 pm

For the record. My job might be boring, but I don't find it meaningless.
For your sake, I would that it weren't. For the rest of us, I'm glad that it is.

Sorry for this edit: Does that mean I got the rest of it right?

Last edited by sinanju; Dec 11, 2007 at 9:23 pm
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by jetboyds
but I can say that a very large piece of revenue is taken out of First Class, especially for those carriers without upgrades (3 class AA/UA, VX)
AA has an upgrade on 3 class planes. I use them all the time. The fare class is A and Executive Platinums get 8 of them per year.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by sinanju
For your sake, I would that it weren't. For the rest of us, I'm glad that it is.

Sorry for this edit: Does that mean I got the rest of it right?
I'm not going to "kick you a.." for saying "Hi".

I think people on this board tend to associate us with 18-20 yo TSO's. For the most part, (and yes, I'll admit we have had our share of morons), FAM's are professional Law Enforcement Officers with 10 to 15 years of Law Enforcement experience. Just because you "fish" for information while your sitting next to me, It doesn't mean I'm going to ask the Capitan to divert the aircraft.

Last edited by mmartin4600; Dec 11, 2007 at 9:39 pm
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:47 pm

Just because you "fish" for information while your sitting next to me, It doesn't mean I'm going to ask the Capitan to divert the aircraft.
I don't fish and, generally, I don't sit next to people. AA has a 1-2-1 configuration and I prefer 1A. At best you're a non-event or curiosity. At worst, you're a spoilt upgrade.

It does, however, call into question law dawg's rather wide internet tough guy stance.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:54 pm

At best you're a non-event or curiosity. At worst, you're a spoilt upgrade.
I prefer to be a non-event.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:15 pm

I prefer to be a non-event.
"They also serve who only stand and wait."

I only wish DHS didn't seem to take that as their mission statement.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:48 am

... and, I know, all but meaningless. So, I'm going to kick your ... for no good reason... just because it will enliven my empty existence and, because my boss can use '9/11' in a sentence, I will get away with it.
Hey, I'm sure the FAM job is boring and tedious, which is pretty much consistent with almost every LE job out there. Meaningless...well, your opinion, to which you're certainly entitled. The VAST majority think otherwise. Empty existence...no more so than those like you (and me!) who frequent forums such as this. Honestly, in my twelve years in LE work, I've yet to meet someone who got into this line of work to win a popularity contest. Sure, kudos and simple thank you's are nice, but they still don't define my perception or job satisfaction. That comes from within, from my peers, and other associated legal professionals. Oh, I really liked your "a** kicking" comment...real classy. LE misconduct is generally on par with most other professions, including the clergy (ok, no priest jokes please).

TB
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: constantly questioning DHS
AA has an upgrade on 3 class planes. I use them all the time. The fare class is A and Executive Platinums get 8 of them per year.
oohhh..I forgot about the Exec Plat upgrades on the 3 class....I guess when I quit AA 3 months ago my mind went blank...

Just remember what seats to book, you'd be the first to go.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:11 pm

Something like, "Sir, good morning. I'm going to blow my cover and get this flight canceled because you've recognized the invariants in my behavior and positioning on this airplane that have been well documented in public forums. I'm doing this, not because anyone else necessarily knows what you're talking about or even heard what you said, but because I find it difficult not to. You see, my job is boring... and, I know, all but meaningless. So, I'm going to kick your ... for no good reason... just because it will enliven my empty existence and, because my boss can use '9/11' in a sentence, I will get away with it."

Is that it?
No, more like - get your name from the manifest based on your seat number then write a report with your name attached to it documenting your behavior. It will really grow legs if there are other documented cases of like behavior, I'd reckon. What would happen? Who knows - shall we play "name on watchlist" or maybe "BOLO" or maybe "nothing." Still and all, you're now in the system and documented.

Personally, I don't like that kind of attention paid to me by government agencies, but your mileage may vary.

And not a lie has been told or anything untoward done. They would simply be documenting your admittedly beyond the pale behavior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.