Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
ROFLMAO must have been a pretty bad fake. I could put a 100 IDs in front of you and you wouldnt be able to tell, not get close to a passing score.

I'm gonna need you to cite your evidence for this conclusion.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by average_passenger
I agree!! I can't believe the TSA is going after a frail dying 95 year old lady instead of the real criminals. Also, if Whitey was at the airport, where were the BDO people?!!!
The TSA shouldn't be looking for ANY criminals, their job is to prevent WEI from getting on an airplane, not finding fugitives.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by Ciarin
I'm gonna need you to cite your evidence for this conclusion.

Im sorry that is privileged information, for which you don't have clearances/experience/skill high enough to even get in the front door. These IDs have been used at over 80 airports(most majors like MIA, JFK, ORD, DFW, SFO, LAX, SEA, MCO, and so on) throughout the country and never have been questioned once.

Then again anything can be faked right down to your TSA ID and SIDA, yet Legit govt IDs like Military IDs, Federal team IDs , and other ID cards/badges that require a security clearances and background checks that pale in comparison to the one your received when you were hired are called fakes or challenged.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:59 am

It depends on when he was flying. TSA started doing ticket document checking 3 years ago. Before that it was whoever the airlines hired.
But shouldn´t SPOT have picked up on him???

Or is it really a complete unscientific waste of funds?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Wirelessly posted (Treo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Nexus One Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by mikemey
Originally Posted by average_passenger
I agree!! I can't believe the TSA is going after a frail dying 95 year old lady instead of the real criminals. Also, if Whitey was at the airport, where were the BDO people?!!!
The TSA shouldn't be looking for ANY criminals, their job is to prevent WEI from getting on an airplane, not finding fugitives.
+1
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikemey
Agreed.

But, if they did restrict their mission to their mission, they would not find enough reportable items to keep them interested. There few things more difficult than looking for things hour after hour and day after day that are not there to find. It is very hard work and only the most mentally disciplined can do it successfully and remain sharp enough to find the rare true anomaly.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:52 am

ROFLMAO must have been a pretty bad fake. I could put a 100 IDs in front of you and you wouldnt be able to tell, not get close to a passing score.
Same here. I guarantee you that not a single TSO, anywhere in the US of A, could spot which ID, DL, passport, foreign national ID/Dl etc that I present at a checkpoint, is fake or real.

You guys simply aren't trained to spot a professionally done forged ID. If you get lucky, it's because it's a poor specimen.

Checking IDs with BPs is a farce and a waste of your time and mine.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im sorry that is privileged information, for which you don't have clearances/experience/skill high enough to even get in the front door. These IDs have been used at over 80 airports(most majors like MIA, JFK, ORD, DFW, SFO, LAX, SEA, MCO, and so on) throughout the country and never have been questioned once.

Then again anything can be faked right down to your TSA ID and SIDA, yet Legit govt IDs like Military IDs, Federal team IDs , and other ID cards/badges that require a security clearances and background checks that pale in comparison to the one your received when you were hired are called fakes or challenged.
..or just flat out not accepted...

Actually, any fake ID worth its salt would pass any "test" that Blacklight Bob could come up with. The only fake IDs they catch are underage college students or really bad attempts at faking an ID.

Anyone who desires to get past an ID checkpoint with a fake ID only has to have a fake ID good enough to fool a clerk once and for about 15 seconds -- child's play for any decent fake ID manufacturer.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
..or just flat out not accepted...

Actually, any fake ID worth its salt would pass any "test" that Blacklight Bob could come up with. The only fake IDs they catch are underage college students or really bad attempts at faking an ID.

Anyone who desires to get past an ID checkpoint with a fake ID only has to have a fake ID good enough to fool a clerk once and for about 15 seconds -- child's play for any decent fake ID manufacturer.
They can spot my NEXUS as a fake.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
They can spot my NEXUS as a fake.
...and my brown official passport...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Well, the latest LAX thief and the HNL debacle weren't exactly this week. But, they were close enough.

Combined with the 15 year old young woman's editorial, the disclosure of TSA lying about radiation hazards, and, the complete atrocity of the 95 year old woman, none of these stories required anyone to videotape actions of clerks at a checkpoint. That's good news, because, even if Pissy figures out a way to ban checkpoint photography, he can't hide everything.
Yesterday going to work, I was listening to all-news WTOP, which for those non-Beltway types, is the #1 radio station in DC. The diaper incident was reported on, and the lead in wasn't complimentary to TSA. When Mike Moss and Bruce Allen are making jokes at your expense, it isn't a good thing.

It depends on when he was flying. TSA started doing ticket document checking 3 years ago. Before that it was whoever the airlines hired.
And you really think TSA is more effective? LOL.....

LOL, you think the ticket checkers are checking for names on a list?

srsly?
We all know what you're checking for, and we also know it is a complete waste of time. I've transited six major European airports so far this year, and not one of them used a magic TSA eyeglass to examine my ID. Heck, in FRA and MUC, you can board a plane without anyone even asking to see an ID. And yet, somewhat miraculously, airplanes departing these airports aren't falling from the sky as a result of terrorist attacks.

Imagine that.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:19 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Looks like the numbers "expert" might be back on vacation again as it's now Friday, July 1st and we're still stuck on 6/19. C'mon TSA, I wanna see numbers which are all about the good catch
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by goalie
Looks like the numbers "expert" might be back on vacation again as it's now Friday, July 1st and we're still stuck on 6/19. C'mon TSA, I wanna see numbers which are all about the good catch
Why he took too long? We needed to post it the TSA weekly. God! I can't stand it with those guys. I think he taking a time off from work for a weeks. He should be back at the office sometimes after 4th of July weekend.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
TSA Week At A Glance: 06-27-11 Through 07-04-11

So after a two week absence, it looks like folks were "hard at work"....

• 5 artfully concealed prohibited items found at checkpoints
  • 8 firearms found at checkpoints
  • 3 passengers were arrested after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by goalie
So after a two week absence, it looks like folks were "hard at work"....

• 5 artfully concealed prohibited items found at checkpoints
  • 8 firearms found at checkpoints
  • 3 passengers were arrested after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents
Well, well, well, isn't that guys came back from vacation, huh? Wow! Just only 3 passengers who arrested as charges with travel fraudulent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.