Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Why he took too long? I need them to posts the TSA weekly. Why he taking a long vacation from the works?

Maybe it took that long to find someone at TSA HQ who isn't numerically challenged....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Well glory be! I was beginning to think this thread was going to be closed due to inactivity (but maybe someone got back from a month long vacation? ).
You wouldn't even have to remove your shoes to tally the results.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good News About This Week's TSA Atrocities

Well, the latest LAX thief and the HNL debacle weren't exactly this week. But, they were close enough.

Combined with the 15 year old young woman's editorial, the disclosure of TSA lying about radiation hazards, and, the complete atrocity of the 95 year old woman, none of these stories required anyone to videotape actions of clerks at a checkpoint. That's good news, because, even if Pissy figures out a way to ban checkpoint photography, he can't hide everything.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Well, the latest LAX thief and the HNL debacle weren't exactly this week. But, they were close enough.

Combined with the 15 year old young woman's editorial, the disclosure of TSA lying about radiation hazards, and, the complete atrocity of the 95 year old woman, none of these stories required anyone to videotape actions of clerks at a checkpoint. That's good news, because, even if Pissy figures out a way to ban checkpoint photography, he can't hide everything.
Here's another story that shows TSA's incompetence and holes in their "security":
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6001729.story

The mob boss, James 'Whitey' Bulger, was able to fly with a fake id. Here's a quote from the LA Times article:

"The court filing did not say how Bulger traveled. But even if he went by plane, Jenkins said, Bulger did not fit the model of the kind of person who raises suspicions and so he may have been able to easily get past checks on domestic airlines.

'If it is a valid driver's license with his new name, he would be flying with a legitimate document," Jenkins said. "The document is legitimate; the person is an invention.'"
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by average_passenger
Here's another story that shows TSA's incompetence and holes in their "security":
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6001729.story

The mob boss, James 'Whitey' Bulger, was able to fly with a fake id. Here's a quote from the LA Times article:

"The court filing did not say how Bulger traveled. But even if he went by plane, Jenkins said, Bulger did not fit the model of the kind of person who raises suspicions and so he may have been able to easily get past checks on domestic airlines.

'If it is a valid driver's license with his new name, he would be flying with a legitimate document," Jenkins said. "The document is legitimate; the person is an invention.'"
It depends on when he was flying. TSA started doing ticket document checking 3 years ago. Before that it was whoever the airlines hired.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much

It's one thing after another with these folks. The most objectionable of these things directly stem from the wrong turn this man and his organization made back in October of 2010, in strong-arming the American public into a flawed security model where everyone is assumed to be a terrorist until physically cleared. That makes no sense given the data processing capacities available in this country.

He will pay a price for this, too late obviously, but thousands and thousands, including this poor old woman, have already paid a much higher price in terms of losing their dignity and having some really awful memories the rest of their lives.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ciarin
It depends on when he was flying. TSA started doing ticket document checking 3 years ago. Before that it was whoever the airlines hired.
And a guy who has been on the FBI's Most Wanted List since 1994 would have gotten by things such as the No-Fly List, CAPPS II, and Secure Flight?

Please.

It took an eagle-eyed CBP person at JFK to catch the Times Square Bomber, you guys just let him breeze by.

You guys have had to do so much damage control over the years, I'm certain that if a real and legitimate threat were to cross you or your co-workers, you would crap your pants more than that 95 year old woman in Florida.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors
And a guy who has been on the FBI's Most Wanted List since 1994 would have gotten by things such as the No-Fly List, CAPPS II, and Secure Flight?
Dude....it's Whitey Bulger.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:21 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors

Please.

It took an eagle-eyed CBP person at JFK to catch the Times Square Bomber, you guys just let him breeze by.

You guys have had to do so much damage control over the years, I'm certain that if a real and legitimate threat were to cross you or your co-workers, you would crap your pants more than that 95 year old woman in Florida.
I agree!! I can't believe the TSA is going after a frail dying 95 year old lady instead of the real criminals. Also, if Whitey was at the airport, where were the BDO people?!!!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by average_passenger
I agree!! I can't believe the TSA is going after a frail dying 95 year old lady instead of the real criminals. Also, if Whitey was at the airport, where were the BDO people?!!!
Come on now, Whitey isn't exactly hispanic, why would a BDO notice him?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Oh that mojito burns.... Im sorry TSA couldnt tell the difference between a real ID or a fake unless it was so bad it was a blind man could tell, yet govt IDs that have clearance higher then any TSA 3stripes and lower catch flap and called fakes. Then there are the multi mile long list of Fakes i know have been put by TSA and not given a second look.....what a farce.

So Ill ask why does checking IDs matter when its a know fact blue shirts cant remember there own "rules" let alone the 100K+ names on secret lists that people are put on with no due process.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
So Ill ask why does checking IDs matter when its a know fact blue shirts cant remember there own "rules" let alone the 100K+ names on secret lists that people are put on with no due process.
LOL, you think the ticket checkers are checking for names on a list?

srsly?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:49 pm

LOL, you think the ticket checkers are checking for names on a list?

srsly?
thats what some of your brethern (sic) have claimed in the past. I see you passed over the ID portion, so i will take that as a tactile admission you couldnt tell a real from a fake.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
thats what some of your brethern (sic) have claimed in the past. I see you passed over the ID portion, so i will take that as a tactile admission you couldnt tell a real from a fake.
If they claimed that they're dumb. There's no list for ticket checking.

Considering I've already found a fake one, apparently you're wrong on that bit.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:58 pm

ROFLMAO must have been a pretty bad fake. I could put a 100 IDs in front of you and you wouldnt be able to tell, not get close to a passing score.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.