FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:41 am
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Well, the latest LAX thief and the HNL debacle weren't exactly this week. But, they were close enough.

Combined with the 15 year old young woman's editorial, the disclosure of TSA lying about radiation hazards, and, the complete atrocity of the 95 year old woman, none of these stories required anyone to videotape actions of clerks at a checkpoint. That's good news, because, even if Pissy figures out a way to ban checkpoint photography, he can't hide everything.
Yesterday going to work, I was listening to all-news WTOP, which for those non-Beltway types, is the #1 radio station in DC. The diaper incident was reported on, and the lead in wasn't complimentary to TSA. When Mike Moss and Bruce Allen are making jokes at your expense, it isn't a good thing.

Originally Posted by Ciarin
It depends on when he was flying. TSA started doing ticket document checking 3 years ago. Before that it was whoever the airlines hired.
And you really think TSA is more effective? LOL.....

Originally Posted by Ciarin
LOL, you think the ticket checkers are checking for names on a list?

srsly?
We all know what you're checking for, and we also know it is a complete waste of time. I've transited six major European airports so far this year, and not one of them used a magic TSA eyeglass to examine my ID. Heck, in FRA and MUC, you can board a plane without anyone even asking to see an ID. And yet, somewhat miraculously, airplanes departing these airports aren't falling from the sky as a result of terrorist attacks.

Imagine that.