Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National Opt-Out Day: November 24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by STSO_Davis
As far as what I feel I am at privilege to speak on....you can always have one person accompany you in a private screening area.....so if you are traveling with someone you can have them come with you.
And if you're not traveling with someone?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
And if you're not traveling with someone?
Then you can ask for a impartial witness....airline representative, law enforcement, airport police. I don't know if there are cameras in all private screening areas...I would think not because of (Yes, I'm gonna say it ) privacy issues.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:42 pm

LOL....I'm the same person.....for some reason it wouldn't let me log in again with my STSODavis username so I went to STSO_Davis

And the private screening is an option that is there for anybody that wishes to take that option.
So on Opt-Out Day the procedure is:
1. No Nudo-Scope, so move to the Crotch Grab line.
2. No Crotch Grab, so move to the Private Screening of the Privates line

That ought to make for a long stinking day...have fun STSO Davis!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N231LA
So on Opt-Out Day the procedure is:
1. No Nudo-Scope, so move to the Crotch Grab line.
2. No Crotch Grab, so move to the Private Screening of the Privates line

That ought to make for a long stinking day...have fun STSO Davis!
Oh....won't bother me....I'm off that day!^
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Then you can ask for a impartial witness....airline representative, law enforcement, airport police. I don't know if there are cameras in all private screening areas...I would think not because of (Yes, I'm gonna say it ) privacy issues.
That (cameras in areas where there is an expectation of privacy, e.g. a room where you undress) is illegal in many, if not all, states.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
That (cameras in areas where there is an expectation of privacy, e.g. a room where you undress) is illegal in many, if not all, states.
I bet that's all depends on the legal definition of undress. If the subject in question is only required to partially undress, say allow to keep undies on, then a camera might be allowed.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by greasy
I bet that's all depends on the legal definition of undress. If the subject in question is only required to partially undress, say allow to keep undies on, then a camera might be allowed.
You mean like in a department store fitting room? Pretty sure that if any department store was caught with cameras in there, they'd be in very, very serious trouble even though you're expected to keep your underwear on while trying on clothes for sanitary reasons.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by STSODavis
Calibration and upkeep of the machines are taken extremely serious. It is at the airport in which I work as it should be at every airport nationwide. I am no scientist

you may as well stop right there... it establishes your credibility -- ZERO -- and renders the rest of whatever you say as mindless propagandistic bloviation.

Originally Posted by STSODavis
Our cameras are always rolling. And I don't know exactly how long video is stored but I am positive that it is well over 10days. I have had to review footage that was months old and it was still there.

As far as you "demanding" to see video. I don't think that is possible. That request would have to be made to the proper channels for us to release video footage.
and of course TSA would likely tell us to "f@#k off" (legally speaking) ...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
TSA can feel up little kids so I don't think legality issues of cameras should be a big deal.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Wow, even the "religious right" media is picking up this story and putting it at the top of the news page! I gotta admit the article struck a pretty good balance...
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=226533
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
To add to the effect on opt-out day to maximize drama, all woman should cry, all men should turn their heads and caugh or look like they are going to deck the clerk, and children should loudly scream "stranger touched me in the naughty spot". Camera crews are always at airports on that day (PHL Terminal A, EWR Terminal B)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Refuse to enter the "Oven"....

I think if we start referring to these devises as 'ovens' that would put an interesting slant on the protest.....The TSA folks were not thrilled when I told them I would not enter the 'oven'.

Just saying....
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:12 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying out of LAX that day and will opt out as I did last month. I told the TSO in SAN I had cancer and could not have any additional radiation.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
New twist?

Inspired by the brave women in the ACLU thread I wonder if this is perhaps a better idea:

Skirt but no panties - when does the TSO feel resistance?

If you are brave enough to try it, there will probably be 'evidence' of sexual assault on the gloves.

Last edited by janetdoe; Nov 10, 2010 at 11:41 pm Reason: too gross
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Inspired by the brave women in the ACLU thread I wonder if this is perhaps a better idea:

Skirt but no panties - when does the TSO feel resistance?

If you are brave enough to try it, there will probably be 'evidence' of sexual assault on the gloves.

...mentally counting days to see if I will be menstruating on Nov 24... would that be better or worse?...
Be sure to insist that they change gloves. Otherwise you don't know where those gloves that are probing your hoohah have been. And if the gloves get a bit messy, well, they'll obviously have to change them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.