Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Lawsuit? Sure. Good cause? No way. Employers can't get bank records just by stating a good reason. Absent the employee's consent, the employer would need a court order.
There are any number of jobs where the employee would either consent or not get hired.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
From an update to the events/hearings list it seems something may happen on September 8th:
09/08/2010 9:00 Jury Trial 2-Kevin L Fitzwater Not Docktd
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by serfty
From an update to the events/hearings list it seems something may happen on September 8th:
The trials is coming up next week, am I correct? Lets find out who will decide to who found not guilty or guilty as charges against Mr. pmocek. If he will be there at the court on-time. he should have to wake up very early morning. He have go to courthouse in the morning. He will able to eat breakfast first before he will heading to courthouse. We will keep eye on it and if he will figure it out for what he done something wrong against ABQ police department. Maybe if he will eventually to drop all of the charges against Mr. pmocek.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:25 pm

No trial September 8, 2010

I received notice today from my attorney that I will not be going to trial on September 8. I'll follow-up here when I have more to report.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmocek
I received notice today from my attorney that I will not be going to trial on September 8. I'll follow-up here when I have more to report.
Just wondering, if the DA knows he has no case perhaps they are doing a waiting game using time to muddy the water.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Just wondering, if the DA knows he has no case perhaps they are doing a waiting game using time to muddy the water.
Looks like the state is trying to test the limits of the Sixth Amendment too.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Spiff
Looks like the state is trying to test the limits of the Sixth Amendment too.
My understanding is that the "speedy trial" almost always works against the defendant and that defense attorneys prefer it if the prosecution drags its feet. The longer the wait for a trial the more likely that evidence (or its chain of custody) will be lost, prosecution witnesses will change their story or forget details, the arresting officer will die, etc.

The downside is that when the prosecution is forced to drop its case because it has no case, there is no opportunity for a pro-liberty precedent to be set.

Last edited by mre5765; Sep 10, 2010 at 5:43 am Reason: change of custody -> chain of custody
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Why there is no new trials date to be set yet? Please find out for which the specific date is that.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:57 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the cause of the delay public-- i.e. who requested it (the Court, the State, you)?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I'm wondering what is up too - looks like we're getting close to going on for about a year now.

I don't know how stretched the judges are in ABQ, but we've already had one judge recusal and I question how strong the DA's case is. I presume they've attempted the plea bargain and I wouldn't be surprised if the latest offer was "generous" in an attempt to make this go away.

I'd be interested in knowing what the recusal was all about -- but I suspect it'll come out in due time.

If/when the case is firmly docketed for a jury trial, I would like to travel to ABQ providing my schedule allows for it (which could be hit or miss). Any other FTer's looking at attending?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
... If/when the case is firmly docketed for a jury trial, I would like to travel to ABQ providing my schedule allows for it (which could be hit or miss). Any other FTer's looking at attending?
Hmmm ... perhaps only on flexible fares ...
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
If/when the case is firmly docketed for a jury trial, I would like to travel to ABQ providing my schedule allows for it (which could be hit or miss). Any other FTer's looking at attending?
I have family in Albuquerque and would be very happy to combine a visit with attendance at this trial (if there ever is one).

Bruce
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
I need a lawyer to comment on this question - is it possible for the defense to protest the prosecution dropping a case? I ask because of what mre5765 wrote about the pro-liberty precedent.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Ayn R Key
I need a lawyer to comment on this question - is it possible for the defense to protest the prosecution dropping a case? I ask because of what mre5765 wrote about the pro-liberty precedent.
Have Phil's two attorneys question the Prosecutor's manhood. Goldwater did that to Johnson after the Gulf of Tonkin incident, otherwise Johnson would have let it slide.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by IslandBased
Have Phil's two attorneys question the Prosecutor's manhood. Goldwater did that to Johnson after the Gulf of Tonkin incident, otherwise Johnson would have let it slide.
The Gulf of Tonkin incident was staged -- the escalation was already in the works, with planning going back to the Kennedy administration. They just needed an excuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.