Search

Chase Ink [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:34 pm

Chase Ink Bold vs Ink Classic

Comparing both cards,

Seems both gives 5x on Internet, wireless etc

Seems both gives 2x on Gas and Hotels

Bold has $95 annual fee while Classic doesn't.

Other than initial bonus, anyone tell me why the Ink Bold over Ink Classic?

Is it the tiered Bonus on the Bold? I assume that doesn't exist on the Classic?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ink Bold accounts can transfer Ultimate Rewards points to some airline and hotel programs. Ink Classic accounts cannot transfer, but there is a workaround if you also hold a Sapphire Preferred account.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Ink Bold accounts can transfer Ultimate Rewards points to some airline and hotel programs. Ink Classic accounts cannot transfer, but there is a workaround if you also hold a Sapphire Preferred account.

I didn't know that, I thought all ultimate rewards accounts can do the airline transfers. So some Ultimate rewards can and some cannot?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Note the Ink Classic and Sapphire (not the Preferred version, but the no fee version) do NOT participate in the premier UR program. Unless you have a Sapphire Preferred, you can NOT transfer your UR pts to airline or hotel programs.
Just to clarify, if I have the Chase sapphire preferred and the Ink Classic, the points earned on the Ink will go into my Sappire Preferred UR account? Or is there another method to transfer the Ink points to my Sapphire UR account?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What is the work around? I have a Chase Ink Cash with 115k points. I see no way to move them to my UR account online. I have my Sapphire Linked to the same user name so I can see both accounts.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by deepwater
What is the work around? I have a Chase Ink Cash with 115k points. I see no way to move them to my UR account online. I have my Sapphire Linked to the same user name so I can see both accounts.
There really is no "workaround". If you have the Sapphire Preferred card you can transfer Ink Classic points into your UR acct. But, I'm not sure about your Ink Cash acct. points. Do you have the Sapphire Preferred card?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by philemer
There really is no "workaround". If you have the Sapphire Preferred card you can transfer Ink Classic points into your UR acct. But, I'm not sure about your Ink Cash acct. points. Do you have the Sapphire Preferred card?
So if I have Sapphire Preferred with UR account and get Ink Classic, there will be a separate Ink Classic POints account, then I have to transfer the points into my sapphire UR account?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by cazic99
So if I have Sapphire Preferred with UR account and get Ink Classic, there will be a separate Ink Classic Points account, then I have to transfer the points into my sapphire UR account? Or does the 2 accounts get linked automatically?
Anyone?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by cazic99
So if I have Sapphire Preferred with UR account and get Ink Classic, there will be a separate Ink Classic POints account, then I have to transfer the points into my sapphire UR account?
No. they both go to ultimate rewards and you have combine them together. Thats what I have now
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
No. they both go to ultimate rewards and you have combine them together. Thats what I have now
Ok awesome, I was hoping they just combine instead of a separate transfer. Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
The benefits of the new Ink Bold ($95/year) over Ink Classic ($0) are:

1. Two premium UR redemption features: 1.25 cent per point if redeemed for travel via UR or 1:1 transfer into UA/BA/KE/Hyatt etc. If you already have Sapphire Preferred or JP Morgan Select, this is not a real benefit since as discussed before you can pool all your UR points together.

2. No forex fees. Well, Sapphire P and JPM Select also have $0 forex fees.

3. 50K spending cap to earn 5x or 2x bonus versus 25K

4. Priority Pass with two free entries ($99 for entry level membership and $27 for each visit). The old Ink Bold and Ink Classic have this benefit just for the first year. Now this is for every year for Ink Bold and Chase has removed Priority Pass all together from Ink Classic to make Ink Bold looks more prestigious I suppose. However, you can get the entry level Priority Pass ($99) for free from say Hilton Amex ($0 annual fee). Of course you can get prestige Priority Pass with unlimited access from many cards like Amex Platinum, Ameriprise WEMC ($150/year).

My conclusion is that if one has Sapphire P or JPM Select already, there is little reason to pay $95 annual fee for Ink Bold since Ink Classic will serve as well. That is why the old Ink Bold and Classic combo is great while the new Ink Bold is disappointing to me.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:35 pm

Chase Ink Bold lounge passes

Does anyone know if the 2 lounge passes is yearly? Also, can the lounge passes be used by someone traveling with me? I already have the Priority Pass from AMEX Plat.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Does anyone know if the 2 lounge passes is yearly? Also, can the lounge passes be used by someone traveling with me? I already have the Priority Pass from AMEX Plat.

Thanks in advance
What lounge pass?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
What lounge pass?
The lounge pass that comes with lounge club, which is complimentary for ink bold. First two entries free. Came in real handy for me a couple weeks ago in Toronto, actually.

As I recall there is a website you go to and type in an invitation code to activate this benefit. Ink bold customer support can provide the website and the invitation code.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:04 am

I have confirmed with CSR that with the Chase Ink Bold, you will receive 2 free airport lounges Per Year. Afterward, it is $27 per visit.

I would like to keep either the Chase Sapphire or Chase Ink Bold so I don't pay double the $95 annual fee.

Wouldn't the best strategy be for me to cancel my Amex Plat card when the annual fee comes up, keep my Chase ink Bold for the UR and airport lounge passes and downgrade my Chase Sapphire preferred to Sapphire?

I plan to apply for the Chase Freedom in several months.

Does anyone know if one can receive the 25k bonus miles for the Chase Sapphire card when one already has the 50k bonus miles for the Chase Sapphire Preferred? Does Chase considered both a Different Card for bonus miles?

Also, if I do cancel the Chase Sapphire Preferred, would I be able to make everyday purchases like I do with the Sapphire Preferred on my Ink Bold? If so, would this be a red flag for Chase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.