Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
That link gets me to a 10,000 point offer.
This Ink Bold link now leads to a 50,000 point offer:

https://www.chase.com/online/busines...s/ink-bold.htm

This Ink Classic link now leads to a 25,000 point offer:

https://www.chase.com/online/busines...-cards/ink.htm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Originally Posted by koolr
I don't think you can transfer the points with Chase Ink classic card. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Customer service told me I was told I could transfer my INK points and my Saphire card points.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmargel
Customer service told me I was told I could transfer my INK points and my Saphire card points.
Note the Ink Classic and Sapphire (not the Preferred version, but the no fee version) do NOT participate in the premier UR program. Unless you have a Sapphire Preferred, you can NOT transfer your UR pts to airline or hotel programs.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia

Husband received the targeted Classic - I dont see why it is targeted when it is available to the public via above link.

The Ink Bold directly competes against AMEX PLAT business card but does not offer the $200 travel credit. Though the Priority Club lounge pass probably is more useful than the PLAT.

Interesting is, the 25K on Ink Classic is earned via first purchase, versus the 50K on Ink Bold is earned via 3K spent... Seems to me the Classic actually a better deal for low to moderate spender as long as you also have a Sapphire Preferred as one can freely transfer UR pts among different cards.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm
Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:43 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Happy
The Ink Bold directly competes against AMEX PLAT business card but does not offer the $200 travel credit. Though the Priority Club lounge pass probably is more useful than the PLAT.
Ink Bold competes with American Express Gold, not Platinum. The Priority Pass membership bundled with Bold is free only for the first year, and includes only two free visits. After that, you pay $27 per person per visit.

American Express Platinum has the best lounge access package of any card issued in the USA. The card itself admits you and two guests to US Airways lounges when flying on any airline, plus AA and DL lounges when flying the same airline as operates the lounge. Platinum also gives you a Prestige level Priority Pass Select membership which admits the cardholder at no charge for an unlimited number of visits (still $27 for additional guests), and this is a permanent feature of the card, not a one year trial.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: AMEX Member Rewards
Not True. In July of this Year, BoA came out with a series of business "Charge Cards" with the MC logo. I have been a BoA customer for a long time and all my business accounts are with them. The card earns world points (which I can combine with my personal world points from my accelerated rewards AMEX). I choose the World Preferred card, which has NPSL. I am able to charge everything I would have ordinarily run through the business and pay online with transfer from my checking account. They gave me an initial 10,000 points with my first purchase and the card gets an additional 10,000 each anniversary. I believe that these products from BoA were the first "charge cards" any bank offered with MC or VISA, which have to pif each month.

Forgot to include the link....

http://business.bankofamerica.com/cr...A&category=500

Last edited by mia; Sep 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:35 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jbsack
......I believe that these products from BoA were the first "charge cards" any bank offered with MC or VISA, which have to pif each month.
Why do you believe this? The Chase Ink Bold charge card was introduced two years ago (see the first post in this thread) and Citi's Diner Club MasterCard charge card was introduced in 2005.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:07 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mia

Just a few words of caution about the 50K offer from the T&C

"If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing."
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by upgrader
Just a few words of caution about the 50K offer from the T&C

"If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing."
Is it known if you sign up for the Ink Bold Business for 50K bonus and then a Sapphire Preferred for 50K bonus you would not get both?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:54 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pcharles
Is it known if you sign up for the Ink Bold Business for 50K bonus and then a Sapphire Preferred for 50K bonus you would not get both?
This is not directly responsive to your question, but Chase did tell me that I could not hold more than one Ink card. I applied for Ink Bold and wanted to add Ink Classic. It wasn't just that I wouldn't qualify for a bonus, they said I could not have both open simultaneously. (This was front line customer service, I haven't pursued it further to see if the policy is flexible.)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is not directly responsive to your question, but Chase did tell me that I could not hold more than one Ink card. I applied for Ink Bold and wanted to add Ink Classic. It wasn't just that I wouldn't qualify for a bonus, they said I could not have both open simultaneously. (This was front line customer service, I haven't pursued it further to see if the policy is flexible.)
If it will help you out, even a little bit mia (love the name btw); I still have two Ink biz cards. One carried on for 5yrs and the Ink Bold now acquired. No issues came up for the new card - so far. The first ink card had no sign up promo, so this may mean something. Otherwise, so far, as I am growing leery of chase, all is so far so good on two business chase ink, ink bold, and new sapphire without issues.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I've had a Chase Ink card that was converted from another Chase business card a few years ago. Any sense of whether I'd be able to also apply for the Ink Bold, using a different sole proprietorship?

In case that's not allowed, does anyone know whether cancelling the Ink would make it more likely that I'd receive the Ink Bold and bonus in a few months?

Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by pdxflyerguy
I've had a Chase Ink card that was converted from another Chase business card a few years ago. Any sense of whether I'd be able to also apply for the Ink Bold, using a different sole proprietorship?

In case that's not allowed, does anyone know whether cancelling the Ink would make it more likely that I'd receive the Ink Bold and bonus in a few months?

Thanks.
No problem here with having (still) a converted chase ink and ink bold with he new bonus verified. Dont know your specifics, so YMMV?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:47 am

Anyone know if there is a telephone number to call to inquire about the status of an application for the INK BOLD? It's been about 10 days since I applied and I haven't heard anything. (Yes, I know it says usually within 10 days but may sometimes take up to 30 days to process) I've got some big purchases coming up in the next few days and they would really help me get to the $5K spending required within 90 days for the 50K bonus points.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I had to do the same thing for a Sapphire Preferred application recently. Waited 14 days without a peep from Chase, had a trip coming up, so I called.

I started with Chase Card Member Services:
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...er-service.htm

The U.S. phone number listed here is 1-800-432-3117

When I called, they quickly transferred me to the correct place and I got card approval. The rep said that the delay was because Chase has been very busy with new card apps recently (for the Sapphire Preferred).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.