Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by metoo
Also, if I do cancel the Chase Sapphire Preferred, would I be able to make everyday purchases like I do with the Sapphire Preferred on my Ink Bold? If so, would this be a red flag for Chase?
I've got an OLD Ink Bold card that I've had since last fall. I've made everyday (non-business) purchases with it and not heard a peep from Chase. If they are making money on your charges, I see no reason for them to complain. I also was recently approved for a NEW Ink Bold card as well. There were no problems with the approval based on my spending patterns.

Regarding which card to keep (since I have a Sapphire Preferred as well), I'm most likely to keep at least one of the Ink Bold cards. It's a business credit card. Although I'm not a tax expert, I figure that I can deduct the annual $95 fee as a business expense on my personal taxes (I'm self-employed). That reduces the annual fee in half. Even if I am wrong about that, this is such a small deduction that it should fly under the radar. And since my wife has a Sapphire Preferred as well, I'll cancel my own S.P. card.

The more difficult question is: which Ink Bold to keep? Do I keep the OLD or the NEW Ink Bold, or both? The OLD card has the Chase Exclusives program (20% points bonus on all purchases) and the tiered spending bonuses. The NEW card has that very nice 5x bonus on telecom, cable, wireless, and office supply. So each card has benefits. Ultimately (not an intentional pun), I'll have to look at my charging patterns and decide.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:00 am

The NEW card has that very nice 5x bonus on telecom, cable, wireless, and office supply. So each card has benefits.

How would Chase know whether the transaction qualifies for the 5X bonus or not? I have not received my Ink Bold card yet (in the mail) but when I check my payments from my Chase Sapphire Preferred account for direct tv, verizon wireless, it states "online, mall, or telephone services"

Last edited by metoo; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:06 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
How would Chase know whether the transaction qualifies for the 5X bonus or not? I have not received my Ink Bold card yet (in the mail) but when I check my payments from my Chase Sapphire Preferred account for direct tv, verizon wireless, it states "online, mall, or telephone services"
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...tegorized.html
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:34 pm

Mia

Thanks for the link.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:40 pm

Chase Ink Bold 50k limit

Is the 5x UR points on 50k/year spend based on the calendar year or from the time you were approved for the card?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by fetchercity
Is the 5x UR points on 50k/year spend based on the calendar year or from the time you were approved for the card?
From www.chase.com

Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services.*
Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel.*

Looks like Jan>Dec no matter when you open your acct. So you still have a chance to spend $50K by 12/31 & then start all over again 1/1/13.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by philemer
Looks like Jan>Dec no matter when you open your acct. So you still have a chance to spend $50K by 12/31 & then start all over again 1/1/13.
Sorry, but incorrect.

https://chaseonline.chase.com/resour...C0483_0485.pdf

“Annually” means the year beginning with your Enrollment Date through the first statement after the anniversary of your enrollment date, and each twelve billing cycles thereafter.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
“Annually” means the year beginning with your Enrollment Date through the first statement after the anniversary of your enrollment date, and each twelve billing cycles thereafter.
Wow. I feel lazy. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
That PDF was very dense but very helpful. Gotta love the detailed oriented approach by FT'ers.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ctrl/Cmd + F is an awesome keyboard function. And it's been known for a while, I just happened to have the pdf in my browser history and could easily bring it up
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:13 pm

Here's something I haven't seen yet-- I called in the Ink Bold recon line and was initially told that I have all the credit they are willing to extend to me at the moment. I didn't want to cancel any cards (if I did, it would have been the united explorer card which opened less than 6 months ago and I didn't want to do that), so I said thank you and hung up.

I called another rep 5 minutes later, and she actually said "I see you've already called us today" and went over what I talked about with the other chase rep and she said she agreed with the other rep.

Is this new??? Last time I did this, two reps were two different calls. Now they have records of each call?? Any way to combat this?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Here's something I haven't seen yet-- I called in the Ink Bold recon line and was initially told that I have all the credit they are willing to extend to me at the moment. I didn't want to cancel any cards (if I did, it would have been the united explorer card which opened less than 6 months ago and I didn't want to do that), so I said thank you and hung up.

I called another rep 5 minutes later, and she actually said "I see you've already called us today" and went over what I talked about with the other chase rep and she said she agreed with the other rep.

Is this new??? Last time I did this, two reps were two different calls. Now they have records of each call?? Any way to combat this?
How about moving credit around instead of closing a card?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
How about moving credit around instead of closing a card?
Offered, still no go. My Visa signature cards are all around the 5K minimum so I don't have much leeway either way.

I just never had one rep quote what another rep talked to me about, I wonder if something's changed.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:08 pm

How long does it take to get this card in the mail?
I was approved over 5 weeks ago they claimed 7-10 days to receive
I called last week and they said "any day"
That was about 8 days ago and still no card
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:35 pm

Anybody experience success in applying for the Ink Bold and Ink Plus at the same time? I'm hoping to get the 100K UR points and can hit the $10K combined spend, but do not have two seperate businesses (nor one, really..).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.