Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by mia
This this does not affect the Diners Club Mastercards issued by Citi in the USA and Canada. The change is for visitors to North America whose Diners Club cards are issued elsewhere.
Given that Citi has stopped issuing Diners cards, its probably only a matter of time.

Back on topic, is anyone going to test the waters?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skofarrell
...anyone going to test the waters?
Not until I can find a substantial signup bonus. At this stage it appears Chase is backloading the bonuses and offering the points as spend threshold bonuses. I want both .

Also, I overlooked a thread about this card from May...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-ink-plus.html
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Chase Ink Card Question

I've looked at the Ink from Chase and was wondering.... Is this a Visa or MasterCard or Neither?

If it's not a Visa or MasterCard, could someone explain what it is and how it works (from a branding standpoint and where it can be used). For example, can it be used places that take Amex or only a place that accepts Visa, MasterCard, or both?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, WN A-List
They will issue it a a Visa usually, but it is available as a Mastercard too just like most of the Chase cards.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:44 pm
mia

VISA

Start here...

http://www.inkcardfromchase.com/ink?CELL=6J1L

Click Cash Flow Management with Global Acceptance

Also disclosed in the Pricing & Terms portion of the application:

By becoming a Visa Business Card cardmember, you agree that the card is being used only for business purposes and that the card is being issued to a public or private company including a sole proprietor or employees or contractors of an organization.

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/web..._type=appterms
Old Oct 17, 2010, 1:22 am

Yea, mia, Ink Bold offers in addition to the typical 1% you find for most cash back cards, Ink Bold offers tiered bonuses when you hit certain spend levels:

7,500 bonus points when you spend $25,000
15,000 more bonus points when you spend another $25,000
25,000 more bonus points when you spend another $50,000

Last edited by philemer; Oct 26, 2010 at 7:56 am Reason: removed sig. link
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
This has got to be the most dissapointing card out there
Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:10 am
mia

Originally Posted by gohan403
...most disappointing...
Reasons?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:26 pm

Got a preapproved offer for 25000 miles for Ink, with Ultimate rewards. Is that currently a good offer for Ink? Correct me if I'm wrong, but these miles don't transfer into CO miles, only the Bold does.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:11 pm

Angry Crap card do not apply for it!!!

This card is a waste of time. I must have not understood the intiial conditions. You get crap shae point, NOT MILES. So 10,000 CHASE CRAP points gets you $100. THen if you spend $5000 in 93 days you get 15,000 mroe CHASE CRAP points thus an additional $150.

IT DOES NOT TRANSFER INTO MIELS ON ANY AIRLINE!

I called to reject once I figured this out. My bad.

Originally Posted by airfly56
Got a preapproved offer for 25000 miles for Ink, with Ultimate rewards. Is that currently a good offer for Ink? Correct me if I'm wrong, but these miles don't transfer into CO miles, only the Bold does.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
This card is a waste of time. I must have not understood the intiial conditions. You get crap shae point, NOT MILES. So 10,000 CHASE CRAP points gets you $100. THen if you spend $5000 in 93 days you get 15,000 mroe CHASE CRAP points thus an additional $150.

IT DOES NOT TRANSFER INTO MIELS ON ANY AIRLINE!

I called to reject once I figured this out. My bad.
I think you are getting confused here ... there is a difference between BOLD and ordinary INK.... As long as you are in Ultimate rewards program you can transfer 1:1 to CO, BA, Amtrak. the credit lines are a bit low ... got a MC ... when asked for a Visa Sig one.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
You also get extra points for Home Improvement Gas, Eating out and even Groceries, I picked up $450 the other day and they gave me a $12.00 Starbucks card, so not a bad deal. Lowes is my store, have rentals.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:34 am

3% on Gift Cards w/ Chase rewards +

I have a Chase Ink Cash. I just discovered that I can buy Home Depot, Lowes gift cards through the Chase Rewards Plus mall and get 3points per $. I am in the construction business so I can really add up the points. I burn through the 3% cash back monthly 1500 limit in the first week of each month. There are also other partners that let you buy Gift Cards.

Earn 3 points per dollar 1

The world's largest home improvement specialty retailer and the second largest retailer in the United States.
By shopping online through Chase Rewards Plus you are acknowledging you have read and agree to the program terms and conditions.
NOTE: Not eligible on Installation Services and on purchases made with third-party partners where the customer is leaving the homedepot.com web site.
******Eligible on the purchase of gift cards. Not eligible on purchases made to buy a gift card using a gift card.*********
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:20 am
mia

Moderator request

When posting in this thread please mention the full name of the card that you use or ask about: Ink, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, Ink Cash.

For example, 3% cash back at gas stations, restaurants, and office supply, hardware and home improvement stores is a standard feature of Ink Cash, and I cannot determine if the previous posters are reporting that the two extra points per dollar also applies to one of the other three cards.

http://www.inkfromchase.com/cards/compare/
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
It appears Chase has more than one reward card, Bold, INK, they did change many of us have had these cards for a long time.

I have several properties, and Lowe's exculpates the points with the 3%,

One good thing is you can use the money for the cheapest air far available, not like some other cards.

CC are to be used not abused, always looking for the best deal..that is what we are here for, to be informed.

What is so great about BOLD, just asking, and always looking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.