Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Thanks! You mean it won't be reported to business if I pay my bills on time? Or it won't be reported to personal if I pay my bills on time?

It sounds like you mean business, but I've heard people say this for personal so just checking.
Chase shouldnt be reporting any business cards on your personal credit report, assuming everything has always been timely paid
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Chase shouldnt be reporting any business cards on your personal credit report, assuming everything has always been timely paid
Okay, thanks! So if I'm a good boy/girl/etc, most likely
  • it will report to business bureaus,
  • it won't report to personal,
  • this is true regardless of whether I apply with SSN/EIN as sole prop/LLC/whatever?
  • I'm also guessing this is the standard rule for other issuers?
That would all be consistent with what I'm seeing in references, I just got confused because some people were saying that Chase often doesn't pull your business credit even if you have a file. But I realize now that those are two different things, even if that's true.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:54 am

Player 1: Chase seems to be pretty happy with approving us, although seems to be slowing down since last 2 approvals were only $5k. Wondering if I should keep pushing until I get a denial or back off now. I'm currently at 5/24 and will be at 4/24 July 1st. Thinking of applying for an Ink Cash then.
Total current Chase credit limit is 20% of combined household income.
  • 3/2023 Sapphire Preferred, instant approval ~$20k
  • 7/2023 Ink Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $2k)
  • 11/2023 Ink Unlimited, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $2k)
  • 4/2024 Ink Unlimited instant approval ~$5k

Player 2: Similar situation, technically at 5/24 but 5th card hasn't been reported to credit bureau yet. Thinking of trying to sneak in a 3rd ink card at 31 days this month if still at "4/24".
Total current Chase credit limit is 13% of combined household income. Thoughts?
  • 4/2023 Sapphire Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $5k)
  • 8/2023 Ink Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $1k)
  • 4/2024 Ink Unlimited, instant approval ~$5k
Old May 10, 2024, 5:48 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
... it will report to business bureaus, ...
I think there may be some confusion about your question.

We don't have many reports of how Chase handles business credit reports. As far as I can recall, I don't think anyone has reported Chase ever pulling a business credit report.

I vaguely recall someone on reddit posting that they had pulled their legitimate business's report, maybe from LexisNexis, and found many business credit cards reporting there, but everything was reported favorably and it didn't seem to impact that person's ability to secure non-CC business credit.

I would guess that the majority of people here don't really care about business credit reports unless Chase starts to care about them.
Old May 10, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I think there may be some confusion about your question....We don't have many reports of how Chase handles business credit reports....I would guess that the majority of people here don't really care about business credit reports unless Chase starts to care about them.
Thanks! Okay, so maybe we're not sure. I'm more interested in whether Chase report to business bureaus than I am in whether Chase pulls business credit reports. But yeah, I guess most people don't care. Maybe I shouldn't care either.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:11 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
But yeah, I guess most people don't care. Maybe I shouldn't care either.
Personally, I don't care right now. But in the event that I should ever care, I'm guessing it'll be good to have a lot of positive reporting business tradelines ready for me. Maybe that's a naive mindset but I'm getting too much out of this hobby right now to worry about the (unlikely) event that I will need business-specific financing later. Obviously, you know your needs better than we do.
Old May 15, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I think there may be some confusion about your question.

We don't have many reports of how Chase handles business credit reports. As far as I can recall, I don't think anyone has reported Chase ever pulling a business credit report.
Just adding, the first time I applied for a Chase business card, they pulled something separate from my personal credit, and denied me because there was something negative. It turns out it was my employer that was showing up as negative (they didn't say what, only that it was adverse). I clarified that my employer was not my business, that I was simply paid W2 income from that employer. After being on the phone for a while, it was cleared up and I was approved.

But the point being something was pulled besides my personal credit.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:18 pm
cnn

Business login

Do all Chase Business cards appear on the same business login? I have a business login for all ink cards, and new cards appear right away after approved. But I have just got approved for an IHG business card and this card does not appear on this login. I use social security number for all applications. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2024, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by cnn
Do all Chase Business cards appear on the same business login? I have a business login for all ink cards, and new cards appear right away after approved. But I have just got approved for an IHG business card and this card does not appear on this login. I use social security number for all applications. Thanks!
Go into settings, and look for new accounts to link.
Old May 19, 2024, 9:45 am

Excellent DP

Originally Posted by Learning2Travel
Player 1: Chase seems to be pretty happy with approving us, although seems to be slowing down since last 2 approvals were only $5k. Wondering if I should keep pushing until I get a denial or back off now. I'm currently at 5/24 and will be at 4/24 July 1st. Thinking of applying for an Ink Cash then.
Total current Chase credit limit is 20% of combined household income.
  • 3/2023 Sapphire Preferred, instant approval ~$20k
  • 7/2023 Ink Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $2k)
  • 11/2023 Ink Unlimited, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $2k)
  • 4/2024 Ink Unlimited instant approval ~$5k

Player 2: Similar situation, technically at 5/24 but 5th card hasn't been reported to credit bureau yet. Thinking of trying to sneak in a 3rd ink card at 31 days this month if still at "4/24".
Total current Chase credit limit is 13% of combined household income. Thoughts?
  • 4/2023 Sapphire Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $5k)
  • 8/2023 Ink Preferred, instant approval ~$20k (self lowered to $1k)
  • 4/2024 Ink Unlimited, instant approval ~$5k
But I still have a question. If you are okay with putting in more detail, I am really curious what you will come up with. You have great records as a starting point. Ill put the Q's in linear form so feel free to short in an answer right beside it.

Do you see any limits related to Gross Business income and single or combined credit limits?

Do you see any other trends between income(s) and credit lines?

Do you see any relationship or rules of thumb in gross business income and number of cards allowed?

Do you see any trend worth mentioning that would be especially relevant to 10K Gross Income and 150K total income?

If anybody else out there has solid leads on these points, feel free to answer as well. TY!!

Last edited by EZTraveler; May 19, 2024 at 9:57 am
Old May 19, 2024, 8:23 pm

I applied for an ink preferred and was instantly approved. I am well below 5/24. I read that for inks you should space them out ~3 months, but should I also wait ~3 months if I want to apply to a business WOH card, or I could do that immediately?
Old May 20, 2024, 2:35 pm

Applied for ink preferred today, I had this card a few times in the past but none in the last few years.
I'm also well below 5/24 and have other open personal and business cards with chase.

Thanks for applying, In review: we'll let you know as soon as we can and if approved, you'll receive the cards in 7-10 business days

Do I call in or wait?
Old May 21, 2024, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Applied for ink preferred today, I had this card a few times in the past but none in the last few years.
I'm also well below 5/24 and have other open personal and business cards with chase.

Thanks for applying, In review: we'll let you know as soon as we can and if approved, you'll receive the cards in 7-10 business days

Do I call in or wait?
Congratulations! Your new credit card is approved
Old May 21, 2024, 1:17 pm

LFG!!!
justsawaufo likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 1:37 pm

Did you call or wait it out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.