Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application does not increase the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:16 pm

Hi all - first time applying for Chase business card (ink business unlimited). Have good history with Chase personal cards / good credit score and income.

My question is that I wish to expand my YouTube travel vlog/use the new card for travel etc. I have some videos already but have not earned anything.

Will that qualify as business in the eyes of chase? (fact that i have no earnings)
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
I was approved as a sole proprietor last year putting down $0 anticipated income. I can't say whether you will be or won't be but lack of concrete business income is not a disqualifier. I think the most important thing is to be honest - don't assert something you can't prove. And also read the wiki at thw top of this thread for precise instructions on how to apply. Good luck!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jaknyc256
Hi all - first time applying for Chase business card (ink business unlimited). Have good history with Chase personal cards / good credit score and income.

My question is that I wish to expand my YouTube travel vlog/use the new card for travel etc. I have some videos already but have not earned anything.

Will that qualify as business in the eyes of chase? (fact that i have no earnings)
What you put as business income doesn't really matter. Chase cares that you can pay the bill, and this is based on your (personal) income.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by rbrad
Is it a wise practice to ask Chase to lower the credit limits on your existing cards to increase approval likelihood for biz cards? What about for personal cards? And does asking for lower credit limits on your cards improve your likelihood of card approval with other banks as well? (Lowering your total available credit.) Thanks in advance.
I have credit limits totaling in the six figures and have not lowered any limits to get a card and the approvals keep coming after talking with them.
rbrad likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I have credit limits totaling in the six figures and have not lowered any limits to get a card and the approvals keep coming after talking with them.
That's great but it doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. If one's income is on the low end it "may" help to lower your limits before applying.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
That's great but it doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. If one's income is on the low end it "may" help to lower your limits before applying.
I keep total credit limit with Chase about half my reported income and always get instant approvals. No need to have huge credit limits on cards when you don't need it.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by rbrad
Is it a wise practice to ask Chase to lower the credit limits on your existing cards to increase approval likelihood for biz cards? What about for personal cards? And does asking for lower credit limits on your cards improve your likelihood of card approval with other banks as well? (Lowering your total available credit.) Thanks in advance.
Despite the three or four posts immediately above re-addressing this question, mia’s quote below is by far the most correct answer. Different strokes for different folks. Some people have had excellent results with lowering, some people have had excellent results with consolidating and never lowering (to maintain what is perhaps our only bargaining chip in this game).
Originally Posted by mia
This topic is extensively discussed in this thread and in the companion thread for personal cards. There are reasonable arguments both ways. There is no consensus. I suggest you review both threads and decide which approach is the best fit for your preferences. To find I would use Search this Thread with terms such as "reduce" or "lower" or "limit" or "CL".
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Mar 6, 2024 at 8:36 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Despite the three or four posts immediately above re-addressing this question, mias quote below is by far the most correct answer. Different strokes for different folks. Some people have that excellent results with lowering, some people have had excellent results with consolidating and never lowering (to maintain what is perhaps our only bargaining chip in this game).
Agreed...and different circumstances for different people. Last year I sold one rental property to buy another. There was about 6 months in between that the money sat in my Chase business account (mid-six figures). I applied for several business cards while that money sat there, in an account linked to the card I applied for. I got HUGE credit limits on each of those cards, and I am sure the money came into play.

Now that I have the new property the account is back down to normal. I want to maintain that credit to shift to cards because I do not know if I will get it back on my business cards. Personal cards they just keep offering me more and more credit even though I have never lowered.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Applied for Unlimited for a new business. Legit business -- has an EIN and articles of incorporation, etc. Got pending message. Got a voicemail a few days later asking me to call in, which I did. They said I needed to upload documents, which I did. I got another message to call in, which I did. Confirmed some basic information then got put on a very long hold. She came back every few minutes to say "still processing." After about 40 minutes when she came back, I said it had been a long time and I needed to go to a meeting, and she said I could call back. I asked if we would be starting over if I did that, and she got angry and said it was my decision. I kind of laughed and said, no, ok, I would wait. A few minutes later she came back and was still angry and said that my application had been "sent to processing" and I would hear in 2 weeks. I took this as a bad sign. She seemed angry but happy to tell me this news. I don't think I was snippy. I certainly didn't lose my cool. But I think complaining about how long it was taking was a mistake. Oh well, live and learn.
Because I know everyone had been sitting in suspense on what would happen with this drama, I called back today because I hadn't heard anything. I was told that the application was undergoing fraud review and that I had to call a fraud department. I called back and spoke to a nice guy who seemed surprised to learn that I had submitted documents. After a hold he came back and said he'd pushed it through and that I was approved.
MDtR-Chicago and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Schnit
money sat in my Chase business account (mid-six figures).
Hope you at least considered having the money sit in a Bask Bank account earning 2.5 American Airlines miles per dollar per year, credited monthly.
Originally Posted by Schnit
I am sure the money came into play.
Probably, not unlike Chase CPC (Private Client) probably helping with credit card approvals in some non-transparent way(s).
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
My last Ink Business preferred app was made and approved on 12 Dec. So with the 3 month rule I can apply again for a Chase card on 13 March.

Ink Business Preferred is still offering 100k SUB for 8k spend. Can I get another Ink Business Preferred by just applying under a different LLC name?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
My last Ink Business preferred app was made and approved on 12 Dec. So with the 3 month rule I can apply again for a Chase card on 13 March.
There isn't a 3 month rule. It's only a suggestion to reduce the chance of issues with velocity.

Ink Business Preferred is still offering 100k SUB for 8k spend. Can I get another Ink Business Preferred by just applying under a different LLC name?
You don't need a different name. Many people get multiples as sole prop with an SSN. It's all tied to you anyways through your SSN. Chase knows it's you.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by g289t
There isn't a 3 month rule. It's only a suggestion to reduce the chance of issues with velocity.

You don't need a different name. Many people get multiples as sole prop with an SSN. It's all tied to you anyways through your SSN. Chase knows it's you.
Thanks - will give it a go!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:07 am

Smile Applying for my First Business Card (the Chase Ink Cash)

Hello, I just wanted to offer a data point. This is my very first business card and fist business card with Chase. This is my first time providing a data point. I have between 720-740 between all credit reporting agencies. I've had a total of 4 credit cards (4/24). I applied today a couple of hours ago. When I applied it said that the application was in review. There was no email sent to me about my credit card application. I called the automation system (800-432-3117) the automation system told me there was no application on file, it asked me if I wanted to speak to a representative and I accepted. The representative told me that my application was approved, and my card will be shipped to me within 46 days. That's a long time to receive a card. thought it was interesting to see I cam out of review so fast. How was providing info on data point? Anything else you like to know please ask.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:29 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Isander
...within 46 days.....
I imagine the agent said "four to six days" which could sound similar. It is normal for business card application to not appear in the automated telephone system.
SPN Lifer, italdesign and Isander like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.