Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application does not increase the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:19 pm

Oh ok, that makes way more sense. Guess I need to get my hearing checked lol.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:01 am

Also, I thought business cards didn't give hard inquiries to my personal credit? How come I received a hard inquiry? Is it because it's the first time I'm applying for a business credit card?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:52 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Isander
Also, I thought business cards didn't give hard inquiries to my personal credit?
Business card applications generate Inquiries, the same as personal applications. The difference is that business accounts are not reported to personal credit bureaus.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Business card applications generate Inquiries, the same as personal applications. The difference is that business accounts are not reported to personal credit bureaus.

I applied for Amex Biz Gold and Chase Ink Preferred this week. Got an Experian Inquiry by Chase but no pull from Amex. Both instant approvals
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:51 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Originally Posted by Acid
....no pull from Amex.
This is common for existing American Express customers, but it has nothing to do with personal versus business: No Initial Hard Credit Pull for Existing Amex Cardholders?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Applied for Business Hyatt card and about 20mins later got a phone call from Chase Fraud team to confirm that I had made the application, said yes, then they said they would continue processing.

Found that surprising. On previous applications they asked the random questions about car loans and the county I live in, etc. Does this difference mean anything about the likely outcome?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:03 am
mia

Originally Posted by Isochronous

.... On previous applications they asked
Who initiated those previous calls, you or Chase?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Who initiated those previous calls, you or Chase?
Chase
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:10 am

Still no email about approval, but I login to online banking and the Hyatt card is already on my profile with a $23k limit.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:29 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I don't plan on hitting Ink nearly as hard as many people here do, but I just closed down a Ink Cash with the intent to get a new one in 2-3 months. Maybe get one every 6-12 months after that for as long as this is viable to just give an added boost to my UR balance every year. No plans on MS... been there done that. Not worth my time/effort anymore unless I find something beyond GC and MO.

I highly value my existing CSR and stash of points and am also a CPC and associated investment account customer.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to do ~2 Ink a year if you don't want to chance a shutdown? Over the past few years I have taken up the mantra "don't sh!t where you eat" but I have also decided I don't want to pass up bonuses.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I don't plan on hitting Ink nearly as hard as many people here do, …Maybe get one every 6-12 months after that for as long as this is viable … No plans on MS... been there done that. Not worth my time/effort anymore unless I find something beyond GC and MO.

I highly value my existing CSR and stash of points and am also a CPC and associated investment account customer.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to do ~2 Ink a year if you don't want to chance a shutdown? Over the past few years I have taken up the mantra "don't sh!t where you eat" but I have also decided I don't want to pass up bonuses.
I’m in very close agreement with you, in addition to not soiling my dinner table I also don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Agree with trying to fly under the UR SUB radar, agree with preserving existing CPC/JPM relationships and UR balances (personal and biz), violently agree that since the demise of the low hanging fruit of MS (Vanilla reloads, Target Redcard) the juice isn’t worth the squeeze anymore. (Fortunately, estimated tax payments provide all the MS I can use.)

My plan going forward is 3 Inks/SUBs per year, 1 of each flavor (Preferred, Cash, Unlimited) keeping each account open for 12.5 – 13 months, applying 30-60 days after account closure, never having 2 of the same flavor open at the same time. I believe that’s judiciously aggressive and hopefully will not garner much (extra) attention from Chase. Granted that's not as aggressive as others, presumably it's less risky.

(Oh yeah, a Sapphire Reserve or Preferred SUB every 49 months also. )
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:27 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I’m in very close agreement with you, in addition to not soiling my dinner table I also don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Agree with trying to fly under the UR SUB radar, agree with preserving existing CPC/JPM relationships and UR balances (personal and biz), violently agree that since the demise of the low hanging fruit of MS (Vanilla reloads, Target Redcard) the juice isn’t worth the squeeze anymore. (Fortunately, estimated tax payments provide all the MS I can use.)

My plan going forward is 3 Inks/SUBs per year, 1 of each flavor (Preferred, Cash, Unlimited) keeping each account open for 12.5 – 13 months, applying 30-60 days after account closure, never having 2 of the same flavor open at the same time. I believe that’s judiciously aggressive and hopefully will not garner much (extra) attention from Chase. Granted that's not as aggressive as others, presumably it's less risky.

(Oh yeah, a Sapphire Reserve or Preferred SUB every 49 months also. )
I'm on the fence with CSR. I travel so frequently that I can't really drop my CSR and get a new one since the insurance is worth it to me.

I'm actually considering using quarterly estimated taxes as the only spend on the cards as well. If I do a new card every 6 months I'll be close to the 24 month language if they ever enforce it. I'm currently still earning faster than I can burn them so not too worried about greater velocity.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:05 am

So I see pre-approvals for ink business cards on a account. Is $5K or 10K annual business revenue safe enough? Do pre-approvals go through additional scrutiny or will they just say you're approved when you apply?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by msthegame
....Is $5K or 10K annual business revenue safe enough? ....
Business cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. The amount of business revenue does not seem to be important to Chase, but the amount of the applicant's personal income does matter.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:54 pm

Mine went to review, will see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.