Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023)

Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:32 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by philemer
Digital Wallet: https://www.chase.com/digital/spend-instantly
HT: notquiteaft
It doesn't appear that either of those digital wallets are available on the tax payment websites...

Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Well eff. apparently Chase never updated my "business address" when I built my new house in 2020.....and they DID overnight the card.....to my old address.

So I had to to call them and I simply cancelled the account.

Guess I will have to apply next year for next year's income taxes.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:44 am

I called Chase and asked them for expedited shipping and received mine in 2-3 business days.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:31 pm

Hello all. Last year I followed advice posted in this thread and advice from Dr. J to apply for two Chase business cards without a legitimate business (31 days apart). I applied as a sole proprietor for a new business with $0 business revenue and used SSN etc. I was instantly approved for both cards. I have some large purchases coming up and I want to apply for another Chase Ink card. My alleged new business would now be 8 months old. If I used 8/23 as my "business established" date last year, should I apply this year with the same business established date, 8/23? I am concerned that as the alleged business ages, it might seem suspicious that it does not generate any revenue. I am hoping that anyone that has experience with this issue, could share what they've learned.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimbiggs
Hello all. Last year I followed advice posted in this thread and advice from Dr. J to apply for two Chase business cards without a legitimate business (31 days apart). I applied as a sole proprietor for a new business with $0 business revenue and used SSN etc. I was instantly approved for both cards. I have some large purchases coming up and I want to apply for another Chase Ink card. My alleged new business would now be 8 months old. If I used 8/23 as my "business established" date last year, should I apply this year with the same business established date, 8/23? I am concerned that as the alleged business ages, it might seem suspicious that it does not generate any revenue. I am hoping that anyone that has experience with this issue, could share what they've learned.
Since as I recall the application doesn't require you to specify what kind of business it is, I don't see why it would be suspicious.

Some businesses need to invest in equipment or resources or develop something before they can actually make money on it.

Some consulting businesses may have trouble finding clients at first.

And lots of people who don't have a "legitimate business" simply sell stuff occasionally on eBay or wherever, but only sell stuff when they have stuff to sell, so it may be a very long time between sales.
Pugsly_2023 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:27 am

Both P1 & P2 on our team would like two more rounds with Chase Ink in 2024 given sign up bonus level + cross referral opportunities + past success. P1 activity since 2022 below, for reference, plus prior Chase history. Will be applying again as low rev sole prop with SSN. I think plan for P1 is to apply for Cash now and Preferred late summer/fall. Right now we evaluate Preferred as the highest value with Cash second. Premier is penalized in our eyes as we cannot combine in Sapphire Reserve account for 1.25 cent travel reimbursement option.

Current thought is to not close the current Preferred until after nearby application for Cash. I guess the tradeoff is freeing up available lending credit vs. "looks bad" to cancel one card right before you apply for another. If I'm just imagining that "looks bad" could even be a factor, then would likely cancel current Unlimited first. Thoughts? Maybe it even seems natural that someone would cancel one product if they wanted to make switch to different product.

Second question is around velocity. I'm sorry--I've not read through the recent months posts in detail--but would a Cash early summer and Preferred late summer/early fall be too much too fast? I don't think so, but not sure what all is known here and if the reigns are tightening in any significant fashion. Other than that, I don't think there are any structural (example 5/24) reasons for a denial here...which is what I'm looking to eliminate.

TIA! Flyertalk community has been so helpful in making our family travel happen over the last 10-15 years!

------------
Feb 2018; Chase Ink Business Cash (CLOSED)
Mar 2018; Chase Ink Business Preferred (CLOSED)
Mar 2018; Chase Sapphire Reserve - $34K CL (OPEN)
------------
May 2022; Chase Ink Business Preferred (CLOSED)
Jul 2022; Citi AA Platinum Select World MC (CLOSED)
Oct 2022; Chase Ink Business Cash (CLOSED)
Jan 2023; Barclay AA Aviator World Elite Business MC (CLOSED)
Jan 2023; Barclay AA Aviator Red World Elite MC (CLOSED)
Jul 2023; Chase Ink Business Preferred -$5K CL (OPEN)
Jul 2023; AMEX Delta Gold (OPEN)
Dec 2023; Chase Ink Business Unlimited - $6K CL (OPEN)
(RED = personal card)

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Apr 28, 2024 at 1:32 pm Reason: Fixed colors; please be careful posting in dark mode as the template is buggy and your posts will be invisible
Old May 4, 2024, 1:20 pm

Not exactly an applying question but if I create a business login on chase.com which also allows me to consolidate all my personal banking accounts and in the future, I close all my business credit cards. Will they automatically close this business login I created? I don't have any business checking/savings either. Thanks
Old May 4, 2024, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Not exactly an applying question but if I create a business login on chase.com which also allows me to consolidate all my personal banking accounts and in the future, I close all my business credit cards. Will they automatically close this business login I created? I don't have any business checking/savings either. Thanks
I can't remember the specific process but I'm pretty sure I had to open a new Online Business account after I closed my business cards - pretty annoying. Checking my password managers, I have 3 different online accounts for Chase

Pretty sure they will eventually close out the Online account if you don't have any business accounts attached to it
SPN Lifer and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Answering the question is easy.... I pay the Ink card that has interest on balances in full, but I carry a balance on the cards that have a 0% APR during the bonus period.... its quite simple. What I dont get is, I can understand if I apply and Chase says no, but why would an application trigger an account shutdown if my current open accounts are all in good standing...? Am I missing something here...?

Thanks !!
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by Schnit
You don't want to get in chases bad side. I wouldn't recommend applying.

I'm my opinion, you need to always be prepared to answer the why you need it question. Hard to explain 4 cards in a year for the same business.

I try to avoid opening more than 1 every 6 months
Old May 4, 2024, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Answering the question is easy …
Good answer, but in all likelihood completely unnecessary. The reply you quoted is one philosophy regarding Chase application velocity (frequency). As with everything there are many different philosophies and opinions. This thread is full of data points of people (same business) having multiple Ink cards, including multiple Ink cards of the same flavor (Cash, Unlimited, Preferred) occasionally as frequently as five or six cards per year, often times instant approvals. It’s relatively well documented that Chase does not enforce its 24 month rule for Ink cards.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; May 5, 2024 at 6:51 am Reason: typo correction
Old May 5, 2024, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I pay the Ink card that has interest on balances in full, but I carry a balance on the cards that have a 0% APR during the bonus period.... its quite simple. What I dont get is, I can understand if I apply and Chase says no, but why would an application trigger an account shutdown if my current open accounts are all in good standing...? Am I missing something here...?
The concept I alluded to in my earlier reply is Bust Out. Six years ago, the reddit churning community did a deep dive into this, but it is generally believed most of the advice still applies:
Upon credit application, a risk assessment known as a BustOut Score is calculated to measure the likelihood an applicant matches an identified pattern of fraud where a criminal with a high FICO and exemplary credit behavior rapidly increases their number of bank cards before running up their balances and busting out before disappearing.

They go on to note:

This problem is particularly difficult for banks to address because people intending to bust-out have shared characteristics similar to those of the most favored and valuable credit card customers.
Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co..._risk_factors/

What is most problematic about this pattern is how people intending to commit this fraud will keep high FICO scores, pay bills on time, etc., until suddenly they don't, while applying for many cards. It has a similar pattern to what can happen here, especially when you are carrying high 0% APR balances and not paying them off in full.

There are many reports in our shutdown thread of what this looks like, in practice. One day everything will be fine, you will use your cards as usual, then suddenly all of your Chase cards are shut down and there is rarely an opportunity for appeal.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:18 pm

Chase has historically pulled EQ for me, but more recently they are pulling TU. Has anyone been able to get Chase to pull from EQ? Rep giving the usual ........ that they cant change who they pull
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 11:33 pm

Based on my very limited knowledge, there are mixed data points on whether the Chase business cards report to business bureaus.
  1. Is this correct? (If not, then never mind the other questions.)
  2. Are there any patterns?
  3. Does company type make a difference? e.g. sole prop vs LLC vs other?
  4. Does it make a difference whether you apply using EIN or SSN?*
* for question #4, I know it can make a difference to some things, but I'm only asking whether it tends to affect whether the card reports to business bureaus.

In my case it would be a sole proprietorship applying under my SSN, with likely no preexisting business credit history.
Old May 7, 2024, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Based on my very limited knowledge, there are mixed data points on whether the Chase business cards report to business bureaus.
  1. Is this correct? (If not, then never mind the other questions.)
  2. Are there any patterns?
  3. Does company type make a difference? e.g. sole prop vs LLC vs other?
  4. Does it make a difference whether you apply using EIN or SSN?*
* for question #4, I know it can make a difference to some things, but I'm only asking whether it tends to affect whether the card reports to business bureaus.

In my case it would be a sole proprietorship applying under my SSN, with likely no preexisting business credit history.
If you pay your bills on time it won't be reported
Old May 7, 2024, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
If you pay your bills on time it won't be reported
Thanks! You mean it won't be reported to business if I pay my bills on time? Or it won't be reported to personal if I pay my bills on time?

It sounds like you mean business, but I've heard people say this for personal so just checking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.