Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion from: JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JP Morgan Reserve VISA Infinite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:23 am

Fix for poor laminate on the card

Originally Posted by exigence
As another data point, I also recently requested a replacement card because this began within these first ~6 months of having mine.
Fix for poor laminate on the card

Just peel off the front laminate and it looks similar to the original metal palladium card. card will function fine
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:44 am

Ya, it’s interesting. The debit card still links to JPM, but the credit card to Chase. Perhaps, they moved all their credit card services under one grouping.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Card facade started to peel off this morning, so called JPM to request new card. Suggested that the agent report the problem to management, to which she replied that they have received numerous reports of this problem.
I peeled the laminate off the front, and it doesn’t look great. Hopefully they will redesign the card.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:36 pm

I opened a csr this year, can I still open a jpm reserve if I am below 5/24? TIA
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by raccah
I opened a csr this year, can I still open a jpm reserve if I am below 5/24? TIA
You should address this question to your JP Morgan Private Bank relationship manager.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:44 pm

So sad that an authorized user ($75 per year) won't get UC. That's the whole motivation for signing up. I guess I'll just stick with CSR then.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:51 pm

One of the main reasons I keep this card is the customer service. When you call, an on-shore representative actually answers your call after just a few rings, no hold at all. They are knowledgeable, courteous and professional to a person.

The female recorded voice Amex uses when you're on hold with them gets old fast.

I don't like the new card, lost it's luster, especially after it starts peeling. It would have been nice to have had a choice of the old, shiny, heavy, nontap card or the new card. The numbers on the back of the new card are difficult to read (no contrast between the numbers and the card background.)

The hidden trade line is nice (and still hidden).

The United Club membership gets you into other star alliance lounges when traveling internationally, which enables you to have lounge access when traveling coach in Europe, for instance.

The card has never been shut down while traveling, whereas my Amex does regularly "for your protection" I guess chase has a better algorithm?

There are still a smattering of places in the US that still don't take amex, and unless you're in a fancy restaurant or hotel, amex is almost useless in Europe.

​​
Boraxo, 747FC and Milwaukee like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by nachumk
So sad that an authorized user ($75 per year) won't get UC. That's the whole motivation for signing up. I guess I'll just stick with CSR then.
For most of us the free UC is sufficient for primary user, as you can bring unlimited family members. If your AUs travel solo, they can always pick up Chase UA cards that include UC membership, or get their own JPM R cards.
Dr_wanderlust likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Amex MR; Chase UR
Originally Posted by jchock1
One of the main reasons I keep this card is the customer service. When you call, an on-shore representative actually answers your call after just a few rings, no hold at all. They are knowledgeable, courteous and professional to a person.

The female recorded voice Amex uses when you're on hold with them gets old fast.

I don't like the new card, lost it's luster, especially after it starts peeling. It would have been nice to have had a choice of the old, shiny, heavy, nontap card or the new card. The numbers on the back of the new card are difficult to read (no contrast between the numbers and the card background.)

The hidden trade line is nice (and still hidden).

The United Club membership gets you into other star alliance lounges when traveling internationally, which enables you to have lounge access when traveling coach in Europe, for instance.

The card has never been shut down while traveling, whereas my Amex does regularly "for your protection" I guess chase has a better algorithm?

There are still a smattering of places in the US that still don't take amex, and unless you're in a fancy restaurant or hotel, amex is almost useless in Europe.

​​
Agree with the customer service aspect. Though rarely needed, there is something to be said for that kind of access.

I'm new enough to the JPMR to not have had the old card, but it certainly seems to have been better. My PB contact did mention that it was an issue not just of cost, but also of environmentalism in the old card's production.

I was told that it was NOT a hidden TL when I first opened my JPMR (it is hidden from my reports, just as jchock1 said - the card CS agent was mistaken). I also have had absolutely flawless use traveling both domestically and internationally thus far.

Tangentially, one of the credit card YouTubers uploaded a video last month talking about a recent Citi trademark filing for "Strata Elite" (Justia link: https://trademarks.justia.com/975/83...-97583441.html) for purposes of credit and how it might predict Citi's return to the space with a new product, replacing the void left when the Citi Prestige went away some time ago now. If that's true, and/or if the old rumors of an Amex "Optio" between the Platinum and Centurion ever came true, those would be very interesting comparison points to the JPMR -- and a possibility for JPM Chase to do even better with the JPMR beyond the current Sapphire Reserve + better CS + United Club + hidden TL model.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by jchock1

There are still a smattering of places in the US that still don't take amex, and unless you're in a fancy restaurant or hotel, amex is almost useless in Europe.​​
Interesting to hear this. I must have some luck, because I can use my US Amex nearly everywhere I spend in Europe, and I've never had the card suspended.

Thanks for the tip about UC membership with Star Alliance. I had no idea that was a benefit
Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:23 pm

UC Renewal

What is the community’s experience as to when the UC renews in Apple Wallet? Before or after expiration date? Who much before or after?

Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
If you go to the United App, you can see it under Passes and Subscriptions and then add it to your wallet immediately. I’m not sure if it would update on its own, but you can have it easily if desired.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
If you go to the United App, you can see it under Passes and Subscriptions and then add it to your wallet immediately. I’m not sure if it would update on its own, but you can have it easily if desired.
Good tip. Thanks. That is clearly the first place to look. When should the new UC card appear—only the day after the previous one expires?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:39 am

Recently invited and approved for this card. Curious how others use it, if differently from use of the standard Chase Sapphire Reserve (which I have had until now). Given hidden line, I will probably start allocating most spend to it, except where rewards on other cards make more sense (e.g. grocery multiplier on Amex gold). I could pair with a chase freedom unlimited for a multiplier on non-category spend, but the simplicity of using one card with a hidden line for most spend is appealing.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Sophist_
Recently invited and approved for this card. Curious how others use it, if differently from use of the standard Chase Sapphire Reserve (which I have had until now). Given hidden line, I will probably start allocating most spend to it, except where rewards on other cards make more sense (e.g. grocery multiplier on Amex gold). I could pair with a chase freedom unlimited for a multiplier on non-category spend, but the simplicity of using one card with a hidden line for most spend is appealing.
I use it exactly as I would a CSR aside from the oohs and ahs you get for pulling out a card nobody has even seen before. I have the rest of the Chase Trifecta built out. Make sure to call the number on the back and request United Club membership - priority pass card will come separately and automatically.
Boraxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.