Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
I've already internalized the likely scenario of receiving the 35K certificate and having to wait until next year for the 85K certificate.
Congrats. Welcome to the Club!! Your scenario is exactly what happened to me, in 2019, so you may not see an 85K certificate till 2023. However, I wasn't charged the full annual fee until 2020, so if you're smart, you'll find a way to utilize your 2022 $300 travel credit before the end of the year, and that should take take some of the sting away Good Luck!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Am I the only one who thinks the logical, expected approach is that a benefit tied to an anniversary date that occurred before the announcement of a changed benefit for future anniversary dates will not retroactively be changed? I can't see why 50k certificates would be converted to 85k certificates. You can get it next year. There's always a cut off date.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Am I the only one who thinks the logical, expected approach is that a benefit tied to an anniversary date that occurred before the announcement of a changed benefit for future anniversary dates will not retroactively be changed?
Nope......Spock agrees with you
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Am I the only one who thinks the logical, expected approach is that a benefit tied to an anniversary date that occurred before the announcement of a changed benefit for future anniversary dates will not retroactively be changed? I can't see why 50k certificates would be converted to 85k certificates. You can get it next year. There's always a cut off date.
I agree would be the logical and expected approach. It would have been logical for them to state all newly issued anniversary night awards and then at the bottom of the email state the date. Instead, they put the value of your free night award has increased with no changes to your annual fee. I can see how this may cause confusion.They could have said the value of the anniversary night will be increasing.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:44 pm

Chase mailed out to cardmembers a card with the words "Your anniversary free night award is now worth up to 85k points...Soar even higher. Now you can combine your Free Night Award with up to 15,000 points to access even more destinations you have."

What is the meaning of "is"? What is the meaning of "now"? I can definitely see the unused 50k certs being converted into 85k certs even if that wasn't Marriott's intention. Chase's wording can get themselves into trouble if they don't convert the unused certs.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Congrats. Welcome to the Club!! Your scenario is exactly what happened to me, in 2019, so you may not see an 85K certificate till 2023. However, I wasn't charged the full annual fee until 2020, so if you're smart, you'll find a way to utilize your 2022 $300 travel credit before the end of the year, and that should take take some of the sting away Good Luck!
Thanks a lot...and am I reading this correctly in that the travel credit is a calendar year benefit? I'm sorry if this has been discussed multiple times, but in my head I thought it was a membership year benefit like the CSR.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Thanks a lot...and am I reading this correctly in that the travel credit is a calendar year benefit?
Correct. The Ritz travel credit resets at the end of every CALENDAR year.
​​​
SPN Lifer and halamadrid like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Chase mailed out to cardmembers a card with the words "Your anniversary free night award is now worth up to 85k points...Soar even higher. Now you can combine your Free Night Award with up to 15,000 points to access even more destinations you have."

What is the meaning of "is"? What is the meaning of "now"? I can definitely see the unused 50k certs being converted into 85k certs even if that wasn't Marriott's intention. Chase's wording can get themselves into trouble if they don't convert the unused certs.
I guess to me the natural reading is "your anniversary night" = the nights you get as a cardmember on your anniversary. Obviously they weren't referring to nights you received 5 years ago.
I'm not sure how they could get "in trouble" if people who paid fees expecting a 50k certificate got a 50k certificate. At most, a brochure created an ambiguity, which would not change the terms of the cardholder agreement. If youd like to proceed to arbitration about this, though, you can go ahead. I think it's unreasonable to expect, even with this language, that you are entitled to anything other than what was in effect on your anniversary date.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by airb330
I am not surprised. When they added this feature to the card a few years back, I had to wait 10-11 months to get my first 50K certificate. They explained I had already paid the annual fee in August and "you'll get one next year!" Anyone with an july/august anniversary hasn't lucked out too well. The good news is so far I have been grandfathered into the $395 fee.
They dinged me 3 times. SPG Amex renewed 1 week too early to get the first FNA, and I had an immediate use for it. Now the 85k bump was added 2 weeks after my Sept FNA posted, and 1+ month after my Ritz FNA. No soup for me. Probably cancelling Brilliant next year.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I have been toying over upgrading my Boundless card for quite a few years now but with have never quite pulled the trigger yet. The 85K free night might just be it since its getting harder and harder to get anything decent for the 35K award. My current anniversary is in June. If I upgrade now -
1. Do I get charged a pro-rated annual fee? Or does the first fee increase happen at my next anniversary?
2. Do I get the 85K award in June or does my anniversary get reset and I now get one in Sep/Oct 2023?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: *A
Is there any way to upgrsde from Bold to RC?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sds1493
Reportedly not. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34519432-post137.html
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sds1493
I actually PC my bold to RC but that was also last year (August) so not sure if things have changed since
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I have been toying over upgrading my Boundless card for quite a few years now but with have never quite pulled the trigger yet. The 85K free night might just be it since its getting harder and harder to get anything decent for the 35K award. My current anniversary is in June. If I upgrade now -
1. Do I get charged a pro-rated annual fee? Or does the first fee increase happen at my next anniversary?
2. Do I get the 85K award in June or does my anniversary get reset and I now get one in Sep/Oct 2023?
i think you'll get a prorated refund on the boundless af and get charged fully for the RC af. you will maintain the same anniversary, so you will still be getting the 85k award in june
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
i think you'll get a prorated refund on the boundless af and get charged fully for the RC af. you will maintain the same anniversary, so you will still be getting the 85k award in june
So does that mean going forward I get charged an annual fee in Oct and I get my free night in June? Have others experienced the same thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.