Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom 2018 4th quarter 5% categories: Wholesale club, Dept store, Chase Pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom 2018 4th quarter 5% categories: Wholesale club, Dept store, Chase Pay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
I assume Costco is considered a wholesale club, correct? Thanks.
Yes, but the value of this category is diminished by the 2 percent already provided by the Costco Citi Visa.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
There used to be an option for Chase Pay at the register, then they took it out. Supposedly you can add Chase Pay to Walmart Pay, but it doesn't show up as an option for me in the Walmart app. Highly frustrating.
In fact, the latter option is how I used it. When I setup Walmart Pay, it included "Add Chase Pay" as a payment option. Just verified this is in place in the Walmart app.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by roundtree
In fact, the latter option is how I used it. When I setup Walmart Pay, it included "Add Chase Pay" as a payment option. Just verified this is in place in the Walmart app.
Here's a screen shot from my phone.

iOS 11.4.1
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Walmart app and the results are the same. Chase Pay does not show up as an option. I also have the Chase Pay app and am logged into that as well. I'm in IT and I troubleshoot problems daily so I am pretty good at figuring things out. I've called Walmart tech support and they are opening up a ticket.

Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
iOS 11.4.1
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Walmart app and the results are the same. Chase Pay does not show up as an option.
That might just be a difference of the Walmart app on IOS vs Android. I hope they figure out that it's just something with your account, but I expect they'll come back and say that it's a known issue to be upgraded in a future release. :/

Here's the Walmart Pay settings on my Galaxy S9+:

RedSun likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:17 am

Better than 3rd Q..IMO...
RNE likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:35 am
RNE

How does it benefit Chase to wait until a few days before a quarter begins to announce its categories? That decision was surely made long beforehand. If there is no benefit, then why does Chase do it?

RNE, or is it just to annoy me?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by RNE
How does it benefit Chase to wait until a few days before a quarter begins to announce its categories? That decision was surely made long beforehand. If there is no benefit, then why does Chase do it?

RNE, or is it just to annoy me?
It is the way it is. Does not bother me. We get a long 3 months to pay... Get your cards ready. Stop complaining.
RNE likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Chase Pay is fine with Walmart.com online:

Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Is the Chase Pay missing here??

For iPhone Walmart app, you can add Chase Pay at end of check-out. You can't add it pre check-out.

Last edited by RedSun; Sep 14, 2018 at 11:58 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Chase Pay working at Walmart is huge.

For all of the complaining, this has been the best year of Freedom rotating categories. Perfect? No.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RedSun
Is the Chase Pay missing here??

For iPhone Walmart app, you can add Chase Pay at end of check-out. You can't add it pre check-out.

I don't see a Chase Pay option on your screen.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't see a Chase Pay option on your screen.
I noticed it missing on the iPhone app. It is on Android app and online website...
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:53 am
RNE

Originally Posted by RedSun
Chase Pay is fine with Walmart.com online:

Did you actually try this? I just put an item in my Walmart.com cart and tried using the Chase Pay option. It appears to want to use my UR points to pay for the purchase!

Choose your payment method.

PAYMENT METHOD

Chase Freedom
...XXXX

PAY WITH POINTS

You've got $0.00 (0 Points) available

You don't have enough Ultimate Rewards points to use right now. You can earn points each time you pay with your card.

Thanks for using Chase Pay. Choose “Next” to continue.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RNE
Did you actually try this? I just put an item in my Walmart.com cart and tried using the Chase Pay option. It appears to want to use my UR points to pay for the purchase!

Choose your payment method.

PAYMENT METHOD

Chase Freedom
...XXXX

PAY WITH POINTS

You've got $0.00 (0 Points) available

You don't have enough Ultimate Rewards points to use right now. You can earn points each time you pay with your card.

Thanks for using Chase Pay. Choose “Next” to continue.
Set up your default Chase Pay with card, not UR points. It is your Chase Pay setting, not the WalMart Pay.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Yes, but the value of this category is diminished by the 2 percent already provided by the Costco Citi Visa.
Naturally, being able to use Chase Freedom Visa in-store at Costco is better than being restricted online to Discover use or having to get gift cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.