FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Freedom 2018 4th quarter 5% categories: Wholesale club, Dept store, Chase Pay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1930369-chase-freedom-2018-4th-quarter-5-categories-wholesale-club-dept-store-chase-pay.html)

RedSun Sep 13, 2018 8:07 am

Chase Freedom 2018 4th quarter 5% categories: Wholesale club, Dept store, Chase Pay

The wholesale club is duplicate with Discover. The Chase Pay can be put to good use. Its merchants are still limited.

List of Chase Pay merchants:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...y/where-to-pay

The good ones are 76, Conoco, Shell, Best Buy, Shoprite, Walmart and Starbucks.

Discover 4th Quarter: Amazon + wholesale clubs
Citi Dividend: Best Buy + department stores.

A lot of overlap in the 4th quarter.

RNE Sep 13, 2018 9:36 am

I'm underwhelmed.

Noctilum Sep 13, 2018 10:10 am

Exactly what I thought it would be. I guess I'll finally try Chase Pay. Can you use Chase Pay on self-checks at Walmart? I'm going to just buy $1500 in various gift cards and be done with it. Man, this is three quarters in a row now I have bought $1500 in gift cards.

tmiw Sep 13, 2018 11:07 am

I want them to bring back the general mobile wallet bonus. Then again, Chase probably would rather people use Chase Pay than any of the others.

mia Sep 13, 2018 11:17 am

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 30200054)
I want them to bring back the general mobile wallet bonus. ....

That bonus allowed Chase to see the proportion of engaged Freedom cardholders who use Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Chase Pay. This offer allows them to judge the extent to which they can move cardholders from the competitive tools to their own. This data might be useful when trying to increase acceptance of their system.

tmiw Sep 13, 2018 11:26 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30200099)
That bonus allowed Chase to see the proportion of engaged Freedom cardholders who use Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Chase Pay. This offer allows them to judge the extent to which they can move cardholders from the competitive tools to their own. This data might be useful when trying to increase acceptance of their system.

I thought one other quarter this year only had Chase Pay. One would think they'd have gotten a lot of info from that run.

Anyway, there's always gift cards from Best Buy I suppose.

wripro Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm

I assume Costco is considered a wholesale club, correct? Thanks.

vh_bu98 Sep 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Noctilum (Post 30199823)
Exactly what I thought it would be. I guess I'll finally try Chase Pay. Can you use Chase Pay on self-checks at Walmart? I'm going to just buy $1500 in various gift cards and be done with it. Man, this is three quarters in a row now I have bought $1500 in gift cards.

No you can not. I tried last time.

Critterlynn Sep 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30200099)

it would be much more useful if Chase pay was accepted at more places and was halfway reliable. I've only used it two times and both times it resulted in my card getting shutdown for fraud concerns. both times it took a 30 minute phone call to get it all straightened out.

RedSun Sep 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Any VGCs at Department stores, like Macy's? Probably not....

RedSun Sep 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Also Citi Dividend has Best Buy + Dept store as 5% the same Q4. It is max to $6k per year, flex than the Freedom.

briang191 Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Easy quarter 😎

roundtree Sep 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98 (Post 30200458)
No you can not. I tried last time.

I'm pretty sure that I used Chase Pay at Walmart self-checkouts just fine in Q1 and Q2.

vh_bu98 Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree (Post 30200840)
I'm pretty sure that I used Chase Pay at Walmart self-checkouts just fine in Q1 and Q2.

There used to be an option for Chase Pay at the register, then they took it out. Supposedly you can add Chase Pay to Walmart Pay, but it doesn't show up as an option for me in the Walmart app. Highly frustrating.

RNE Sep 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98 (Post 30200941)
There used to be an option for Chase Pay at the register, then they took it out. Supposedly you can add Chase Pay to Walmart Pay, but it doesn't show up as an option for me in the Walmart app. Highly frustrating.

Can anybody else confirm this?