Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
What types of purchases qualify for the Local Commuter Transportation category?

Merchants in the Local Commuter Transportation category include regional operators of local commuter passenger trains, subways, metro, buses, taxis, and ferries. Please note that some merchants that provide transportation and related services are not included in this category; for example, national and international trains (such as Amtrak), airport shuttles/limousines, parking lots/garages, tolls/bridges, airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, vacation clubs, tour operators, and some municipal/government owned entities.
(Source: Chase Freedom FAQ)
Print Wikipost

Freedom 2017 5X calendar published.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:58 am

Chase Freedom Q4 2017 Walmart purchase issue

I was going to take advantage of the Chase Freedom 2017 Q4 category bonus by using purchasing some email delivery Nintendo eshop digital with email delivery. I tried ordering twice and Walmart had to cancel my orders.

I know that not a lot of people order Nintendo eshop card in this forum. But if you have issue with any gift card purchase from Walmart (online or in store), I would like to hear from your feedback!

Many thanks!!
GW
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:02 am

strange, did you try using chase pay?

i bought a $250 walmart GC a few days ago. its coming in the mail.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by MNTraveling
I was going to take advantage of the Chase Freedom 2017 Q4 category bonus by using purchasing some email delivery Nintendo eshop digital with email delivery. I tried ordering twice and Walmart had to cancel my orders.

I know that not a lot of people order Nintendo eshop card in this forum. But if you have issue with any gift card purchase from Walmart (online or in store), I would like to hear from your feedback!

Many thanks!!
GW
Walmart is very militant about canceling orders. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/tips-...ers-cancelled/
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by AugustWest
Are these pin-enabled for easy conversion to MOs?
Yes
alvinroast likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I seem to have a base point calculation error on my CF Sept Statement. It says Purchases $1621.23
then below
+1% 1Pt/$1 all purchases 1384
+Bonus from 3Q 5% cat: restaurants 3523

Why am I getting less than 1 base pt per $ for all purchases? In August I spent $1523.30 and was awarded 1524 pts on that line. Did anyone else see this issue on their Sept statement? Does it have something to do with the discontinuation of the addl 10 pts per transaction that I'm not getting anymore either?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I seem to have a base point calculation error on my CF Sept Statement. It says Purchases $1621.23
then below
+1% 1Pt/$1 all purchases 1384
+Bonus from 3Q 5% cat: restaurants 3523

Why am I getting less than 1 base pt per $ for all purchases? In August I spent $1523.30 and was awarded 1524 pts on that line. Did anyone else see this issue on their Sept statement? Does it have something to do with the discontinuation of the addl 10 pts per transaction that I'm not getting anymore either?
Did you have any returns or credits in September? Mine posted fine at 1 base pt per $ spent.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: MileagePLUS, AAdvantage, TrueBlue
Cracked It!

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Credit cards work for the Walmart VISA Gift Card by Greendot Bank. It has a variable load up to $500 with a $4.94 fee. This is NOT the same as the Greendot reloadable for $1.95 which is not recommended.
Magic Pickles has cracked the code for this quarter. I was just able to buy two of these cards yesterday with my credit card. Previous attempt to buy GCs at the same walmart was automatically denied by the POS (not by the cashier).
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:27 am

Question about Walmart.com - if I check out and it says it is "Sold & Shipped" by [insert random merchant name] will this still post as a Walmart charge onto my Freedom card for the sake of the 5% quarterly bonus?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Question about Walmart.com - if I check out and it says it is "Sold & Shipped" by [insert random merchant name] will this still post as a Walmart charge onto my Freedom card for the sake of the 5% quarterly bonus?
As long as it gets charged to Walmart.com, you're good to go.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
As long as it gets charged to Walmart.com, you're good to go.
Would you say most of the Sold & Shipped show up as Walmart? Any way to verify prior to making the purchase? I'm looking to spend $100 so would hate to get stuck with it posting incorrectly!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Would you say most of the Sold & Shipped show up as Walmart? Any way to verify prior to making the purchase? I'm looking to spend $100 so would hate to get stuck with it posting incorrectly!
If you have to login to walmart.com to make the purchase, it should charge to your card as a Walmart purchase and you should get the 5x points.

I know of no way to verify this before hand. But since you're talking about a $100 purchase, the difference will be about 400 ultimate reward points if you don't receive them. Hardly the end of the world.

Now this may be different when shopping through a shopping portal for extra points. Sometimes they will specifically exclude products bought through third party vendors. But this should not affect the 5x points for spending in bonus categories.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Anyone know if Costco charges come up as 5X during this quarter of 5X for grocery store purchases?
Old May 15, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wco81
Anyone know if Costco charges come up as 5X during this quarter of 5X for grocery store purchases?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.