Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve-Benefit Reductions 8/26/18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Just received an email from Chase touting "Enhanced Ultimate Rewards." Scrolled immediately to the bottom (like most FT'ers) to see what benefits they are taking away. It looks like 3 main changes:

• You will no longer earn points on purchases that qualify for the $300 annual travel credit. Please see the Rewards Program Agreement for additional information.
• Price Protection will no longer be available with your Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Please see the
Guide to Benefits for more information.
• Once the benefit is activated, primary Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders and authorized users are granted complimentary access to the Priority Pass lounges and allowed a maximum of two guests per Priority Pass Select membership card.
• If you'd like to bring additional guests, your Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card account will be charged $27 per additional guest, per visit within three billing cycles.

It looks like the worst benefit change is the max 2 guests per membership card. I thought maybe they would reduce the 3 miles per $1 on travel which would have been a huge devaluation, so overall not too bad. Finally, I would not be surprised if they take the axe to the travel insurance benefits but I guess not this time...
Old May 21, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by riced
Just received an email from Chase touting "Enhanced Ultimate Rewards." Scrolled immediately to the bottom (like most FT'ers) to see what benefits they are taking away. It looks like 3 main changes:

• You will no longer earn points on purchases that qualify for the $300 annual travel credit. Please see the Rewards Program Agreement for additional information.
• Price Protection will no longer be available with your Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Please see the
Guide to Benefits for more information.
• Once the benefit is activated, primary Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders and authorized users are granted complimentary access to the Priority Pass lounges and allowed a maximum of two guests per Priority Pass Select membership card.
• If you'd like to bring additional guests, your Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card account will be charged $27 per additional guest, per visit within three billing cycles.

It looks like the worst benefit change is the max 2 guests per membership card. I thought maybe they would reduce the 3 miles per $1 on travel which would have been a huge devaluation, so overall not too bad. Finally, I would not be surprised if they take the axe to the travel insurance benefits but I guess not this time...
If they reduced travel to 1 point per $1 the card would not be worth much. Only dining getting 3? Would be a mass exodus
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Already reported in main thread at post 767: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...l#post29720497

Last edited by mia; May 21, 2018 at 10:58 pm Reason: Link to thread at post 767

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.