Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS
on CSR there is an AU fee. So, for additional fee, your AU can get a PP membership, as long as you hold CSR and pay AU fee each year. I think I remember the AU fee is $175.
Don't quote me on that.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
...think I remember the AU fee is $175.
It's $75/year/user. American Express Platinum charges $175/year/3 users.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
If you flew QF, the QF lounge must be better than any of these restaurants?
We are Flying AS Award Qantas Premium coach/ Business Class.
My understanding is no lounge access.
Only for Business Class and First Awards.
LAX-MEL is premium coach MEL_SYD is Business
Did find out about the restaurant credit at MEL and SYD for PP.
Thanks to those who posted information and pics , this is very helpful.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's $75/year/user. American Express Platinum charges $175/year/3 users.
Ahh... thanks for the correction Mia. That is why the $175 stuck in my brain.
(Chemo brain still at work. )

Well, $75 is much better than another CSR at $450, even minus the $300 travel credit.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by travelontherun
A question about PP for AU who does not have a SSN. Does a CSR AU *automatically* receive a PP, or do you have to activate the PP benefit online?
I just did this for my dad in India last month. Requested the AU card online, then sent a secure message requesting that the Priority Pass card be shipped directly to his address in India. They confirmed that would be done and it arrived there this afternoon.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:18 am

Can I use the Turkish lounge at IAD upon arrival?

We have a priority pass and will be arriving IAD late afternoon, and we have a couple of hours to kill before being picked up.

So, my question is would we be able to use the Turkish lounge after our arrival?

Any experience? Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:19 pm

LAX now only has 2 lounges in PP list :-( It was 4 a few weeks back... I think Virgin and Air Canada dropped out...sorry haven't been keeping track and not sure if this was discussed before.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
LAX now only has 2 lounges in PP list :-( It was 4 a few weeks back... I think Virgin and Air Canada dropped out...sorry haven't been keeping track and not sure if this was discussed before.
Ya it was due to the big terminal swap at LAX in May... everything was shuffled around. Virgin is no longer in terminal 3... moved in with Alaska in terminal 6... so hence Alaska only allows card members only. no guests. Its too crowded...

Air Canada moved somewhere too so they no longer occupy Terminal 2 so they have a much smaller lounge for their guests only.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:57 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I have had CSR for about 3 months now. I am considering adding an AU mostly for the purpose of getting the priority pass. Does anyone know how long it'll take to receive the AU's priority pass, more or less? Looking for reports on that. Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I have had CSR for about 3 months now. I am considering adding an AU mostly for the purpose of getting the priority pass. Does anyone know how long it'll take to receive the AU's priority pass, more or less? Looking for reports on that. Thanks!
Unless the other person will often travel ALONE, else s/he does not need own PP card as Chase PP has unlimited guests up to the limit set by each lounge.

On top of that if the PP is primarily for Domestic travel, you really should read more on how difficult it has been to gain access due to many domestic lounges are invoking the "capacity control" clause built in their contracts to deny entry of PP cardholders.

Given it will cost you $75 to add an AU, you may want to make sure you dont pay for some benefit that you could hardly used (for domestic travels).
I were you I would check the PP website on each airport you and your AU would use, before making the leap.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Unless the other person will often travel ALONE, else s/he does not need own PP card as Chase PP has unlimited guests up to the limit set by each lounge.

On top of that if the PP is primarily for Domestic travel, you really should read more on how difficult it has been to gain access due to many domestic lounges are invoking the "capacity control" clause built in their contracts to deny entry of PP cardholders.

Given it will cost you $75 to add an AU, you may want to make sure you dont pay for some benefit that you could hardly used (for domestic travels).
I were you I would check the PP website on each airport you and your AU would use, before making the leap.
Thanks for the input. Yes, I am very familiar with all of these issues, and adding an AU is still the best course of action for us. I've been a priority pass (via credit card benefit) customer for many, many years now (first got it as a benefit of the Ameriprise cc). While I agree that the capacity controls, and ebb and flow of lounges out of the program has not been insignificant, we still believe it is worth it to pay the $75 in our situation.

In any case, if anyone has input on the first question of how long it will take to receive the priority pass for the AU, that is much appreciated.

Last edited by ANC RED-EYE; Jun 10, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This POST from March suggests a long wait for AU's Priority Pass.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Ya it was due to the big terminal swap at LAX in May... everything was shuffled around. Virgin is no longer in terminal 3... moved in with Alaska in terminal 6... so hence Alaska only allows card members only. no guests. Its too crowded...

Air Canada moved somewhere too so they no longer occupy Terminal 2 so they have a much smaller lounge for their guests only.
We went to use the AS lounge a couple weeks ago and there was a sign at the elevator saying no PP members due to capacity restraints.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA
I added an AU during the Memorial day weekend. Called on the next day and ask the agent to order the Priority Pass card. The CSR card arrived on 6/3. The PP card arrived on 6/5. So it's about a week.

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
In any case, if anyone has input on the first question of how long it will take to receive the priority pass for the AU, that is much appreciated.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by mia
This POST from March suggests a long wait for AU's Priority Pass.
Originally Posted by mike_L
I added an AU during the Memorial day weekend. Called on the next day and ask the agent to order the Priority Pass card. The CSR card arrived on 6/3. The PP card arrived on 6/5. So it's about a week.
Thanks, appreciate the data points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.