Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
What waived fees are there? I've been enjoying mine without them anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by schalliol
What waived fees are there? I've been enjoying mine without them anyway.
No nuisance fees: cash advance, late payment, returned payment, returned check, foreign transactions
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
No nuisance fees: cash advance, late payment, returned payment, returned check, foreign transactions
Ahh, yes, I have that with my JPM checking account. Are you saying the and apply to the card? I guess these fees aren't most of us are likely to use beyond foreign transaction fees.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
The returned check and returned payment fee waivers for JPM PB always fascinated me, I'd like to meet the client who's bouncing checks and bill transfers with a Private Bank account
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:53 pm

So I just got back from Europe, and one night we needed cash, -and I've never done a cash advance in my life, and unfortunately I did not have my debt card on me. I had a diners club and pulled out $500 euros just to be safe, and later realized they charged me the typical outrageous cash advance fee of 25+%.

Has anyone used their JP Reserve card for cash advances, and if so, how frequently?

Now I don't condone cash advances from credit cards, but if one leaves the debt card at home and the bank is closed in another country... it is what it is (Europe is credit friendly but the place we went to was not)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Venomz
So I just got back from Europe, and one night we needed cash, -and I've never done a cash advance in my life, and unfortunately I did not have my debt card on me. I had a diners club and pulled out $500 euros just to be safe, and later realized they charged me the typical outrageous cash advance fee of 25+%.

Has anyone used their JP Reserve card for cash advances, and if so, how frequently?

Now I don't condone cash advances from credit cards, but if one leaves the debt card at home and the bank is closed in another country... it is what it is (Europe is credit friendly but the place we went to was not)
Did twice in Milan last week, worked as it should. That being said, my coverage guys linked my card to my jpm checking and I can select where it pulls the cash from on the atm (card or checking). When pulling from the card for over 25k they'll prompt you to confirm it via email/text but other then that it's just like pulling cash from any card without the interest kicking you in the ...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:13 pm

Wow, now that is interesting. You basically just asked them to turn it into an ATM card for your checking account as I read it. My wife used to have a USAA card that did the same thing.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:20 pm

Hmm. I tried to get them to do this with my PD a few years ago and they told me it wasn't possible at the time to link in such a way with my JPMPCC+, then again I was only speaking with the rep, not the service team or banker. This is exactly the way it should work as a companion to the banking relationship

Originally Posted by dlesin
Did twice in Milan last week, worked as it should. That being said, my coverage guys linked my card to my jpm checking and I can select where it pulls the cash from on the atm (card or checking). When pulling from the card for over 25k they'll prompt you to confirm it via email/text but other then that it's just like pulling cash from any card without the interest kicking you in the ...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:00 am

Interesting. I am a CPC, should I assume this is not available to me, and also is there a benefit to doing this (convenience)? I don't want my account to be closed from abusing the no cash advance fee, if it's true. I hate carrying my debit card around
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Venomz
Interesting. I am a CPC, should I assume this is not available to me, and also is there a benefit to doing this (convenience)? I don't want my account to be closed from abusing the no cash advance fee, if it's true. I hate carrying my debit card around

Well one is a pass through, like you can do already with Amex charge cards. The other is based on the line of credit, a waived cash advance fee doesn't mean no interest, which in this case would start accumulating on the day of withdrawal on the line of credit side. That said the reps will generally waive any charges if you were to immediately transfer the money. But obviously, for most who have the card having it linked would make more sense. I don't see any reason that it couldn't be done for cpc, JPM uses a slightly different platform but the backend can't be so much different. Though I'm also not sure a frontline rep could pull it off. worth a call...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by dlesin
The returned check and returned payment fee waivers for JPM PB always fascinated me, I'd like to meet the client who's bouncing checks and bill transfers with a Private Bank account
We have once, in this case, was issue with funds not being transferred into JPMS Sweep Account by private banker as coordinated. Most transactions handled by banker, so fee wouldn't make sense. Nice that this extends to the card though. This card and CSR are home runs in my opinion with well placed annual fee for the perks. I feel we pay high enough fees tbh. Also, saw your post on recent trip to Milan..was there in September of this year. It's a favorite city in Italy for us, and enjoy the proximity to Lake Como. Hope you enjoyed as well.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:07 am

So Chase/JPM policy is that card accounts need to be open a year before product changes are allowed. I'm wondering if given that the Ritz Carlton Card and the JPMR are both issued by JPM, might it be possible to do a product change from the Ritz to JPMR after the card has been opened at least a year?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CiscoKid08
So Chase/JPM policy is that card accounts need to be open a year before product changes are allowed. I'm wondering if given that the Ritz Carlton Card and the JPMR are both issued by JPM, might it be possible to do a product change from the Ritz to JPMR after the card has been opened at least a year?
I asked this earlier in the thread and the reply was no. It is processed via a different channel despite the JPM name.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by CiscoKid08
You can only change products within families - for example, the CSP can be changed to a Freedom and a United MP Explorer can be changed to the no-AF United MP card, but you can't change a United MP Explorer to a CSP / Freedom or vice versa. In this vein, the Palladium and JPMR are in the same family but the JPM Ritz is not.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by csol47
Hmm. I tried to get them to do this with my PD a few years ago and they told me it wasn't possible at the time to link in such a way with my JPMPCC+, then again I was only speaking with the rep, not the service team or banker. This is exactly the way it should work as a companion to the banking relationship
I just asked someone on the service team after she called to let me know something else was done and was told the JPMR can't do this with JPM PB checking. The original poster is using the credit line, which might be a difference. I use ML for the bulk of my investments where I have such a thing. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to drop a card from the wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.