Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Do you have any banking relationship with chase be it CPC or PB?
Yes I applied as a Cpc and was given the 100k signup bonus after the conversion.

I have over $100k with chase exposure in CC's lol, they will lose all my business if they take my Reserve away from me
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by sfeater
You do realize he was the one who originally broke the info about the JPMR, right?
No, it was told to me by my client manager months ago. Maybe was the first on flyer talk internet forum. Either way, when they're converting Palladiums to JP Morgan reserve with no other Chase relationship as we speak, I'd have to see something verifiable before worrying folks that Chase is sending them $450 and a return label for their card unless they're CPC or better. Downgrading the 'fax folks', maybe, but also kinda question it. Seems a waste or resources than I am paying for :/

Last edited by flyinzach; Oct 5, 2016 at 7:59 pm
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Venomz
Yes I applied as a Cpc and was given the 100k signup bonus after the conversion.

I have over $100k with chase exposure in CC's lol, they will lose all my business if they take my Reserve away from me
If you're cpc you will be fine, the targeted crowd for the purge (this one at least) is those with no banking relationship whatsoever other then CC's
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyinzach
It won't matter. If he or she had the Palladium and converted it, they're covered. Chase is changing over all the remaining Palladiums to JPM Reserve in time either way to my understanding. I think you've been given some stronger language by a rogue client manager who want's you to feel part of an exclusive club. They also never cancelled any Palladium cards to my understanding when the loop hole existed when it came out, just closed the door to different levels at different times.
They never shutdown the Palladium because once it was so heavily diluted there was no purpose served by doing so. The difference with the JPMR is the fact that the numbers have dwindled of these loophole apps making it a simpler process to manually review and shut them down. My coverage guys know I couldn't give less of a damn over the exclusivity, all having the JPMR did was essentially increase my concentration risk with JPM it's the equivalent of them throwing me a bone with a cool card because I got it hand delivered a week before it was announced. I'm more happy being placated by personal things like hand written cards from Mary or Jamie at Christmas time then I am wallet candy. They have the intent to broaden the range of benefits once they narrow down the amount of card holders, that comes straight from their head of PB for the US
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:16 pm

They never shutdown the Palladium because once it was so heavily diluted there was no purpose served by doing so. The difference with the JPMR is the fact that the numbers have dwindled of these loophole apps making it a simpler process to manually review and shut them down. My coverage guys know I couldn't give less of a damn over the exclusivity, all having the JPMR did was essentially increase my concentration risk with JPM it's the equivalent of them throwing me a bone with a cool card because I got it hand delivered a week before it was announced. I'm more happy being placated by personal things like hand written cards from Mary or Jamie at Christmas time then I am wallet candy. They have the intent to broaden the range of benefits once they narrow down the amount of card holders, that comes straight from their head of PB for the US
I'll have to see the broader range in benefits on such a limited product after release to believe it. Not to say i wouldn't be very happy to be proven wrong on this one..LOL. PB always touting how amazing and exclusive things are going to be for us, that's their job! My source above global wealth management with Chase and knew of card before PB had it in hand (though I expected it to look different than Palladium). I recall when my JMP relationship manager said they were going to force CPC to stop issuing and take back Palladiums as it was "their" card. We know how that turned out. And again, above the PB's top echelon, not a dime lost in revenue collecting annual fees, and I believe if more had the Palladium, it would have become more attractive for the ever promised 'broadening range of benefits and services for Palladium', but that's speculative. Time will tell. Quite honestly, CSR is Chase's success story of the year in CCs. And if they're spending enough and taking time to manually go through a bunch of applications, I want a reduction on my AUM fees.

Last edited by flyinzach; Oct 5, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:10 pm

You do realize he was the one who originally broke the info about the JPMR, right?
Actually that was me, I called the name in post 3

Jokes aside I can see them closing all the loophole applications (from Pal. to JPMR). Note this would not include CPC. Essentially it's bringing things back to how "they should have been."
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:23 am

No, it was told to me by my client manager months ago.
Rumors of a new product have been circulating for years
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
Actually that was me, I called the name in post 3

Jokes aside I can see them closing all the loophole applications (from Pal. to JPMR). Note this would not include CPC. Essentially it's bringing things back to how "they should have been."
I think the way "they should have been" doesn't include CPC, but they don't want to piss off the ones that slipped through, whereas they'll have no qualms about product changing and possibly annoying customers without either a JPM PB or CPC relationship.

Chase knows how popular and useful the CSR is, so anyone who says he'll stop using Chase credit cards is either making an empty threat or foolish.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Nick92
Heard the same today but it seems to be targeted to accounts opened between 8/21 and 9/3. I was told "newly opened accounts." So I guess the grandfathered Palladium are perhaps safe from any action.
Have to assume that will be the case. It would not be good for business to close existing PD accounts that were legitimately opened by CPC bankers and in some cases have been open for years. If in fact JPM wanted to terminate these accounts it would be much smarter just to convert them to CSR when the AF is due.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by mia
Add a zero.
Not sure what happened mia, but you're quoting something I never wrote.

I don't see a single AA, or CPC banker in trouble, much less fired, for raising their best clients up the flag pole for JPM to see if they offer them a credit card
It's pretty unlikely that a Chase employee would be fired for advocating for his/her client, but to go around protocol like that in this banking regulatory environment (with all financial services employees under a microscope) was bold and should be recognized by the client.

...this isn't any kind of loop hole, it has to be approve by JPM after fax shut down.
If that CPC banker had to spend "a hour looking" for how to submit an app, it's effectively a loophole. There's a reason CPC bankers don't know anything about the JPMR, because it isn't meant for Chase clients.

JPMR cards aren't "approved by JPM", they are approved by Priority Services, a special group within Card Services that is technically part of the Chase retail bank. These people probably aren't too familiar with CPC vs. JPMPB, and just assume that the credit card apps that come their way got there through the appropriate channels. If anything, JPMC needs to not only plug the leaks for how JPMR apps are submitted, but better train Priority Services to auto-reject non-JPM affiliated clients.

The rumored closure of accounts is also discounting people who have the card by their law firms that all the individuals aren't clients, corporation partners, that if one of them is accidentally cut, would be a vote of low confidence, and for refunding and the return of an annual fee? I just don't see it for a credit card.
You're talking about the J.P. Morgan Law Firm program. I have a few attorney friends that are a part of that and you're wrong, they are all individually J.P. Morgan clients (at least for now), that's the entire point of the program. JPM Law Firm clients get all the perks of a "regular" JPM Private Bank client, including JPM bank/investments accounts, in hopes that they'll make partner and be big AUM clients in the future. Pretty much all the big wealth management players have a similar program.

And all here are assuming Chase didn't MEAN for the application to be leaked, create buzz, and close the door as they did. Chase hasn't lost a nickel on anyone getting this card.
I've heard a few people say this, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would JPMC leak a JPMR PDF application on a no-name blog (run by some guy who put out a cringeworthy unboxing video) and overwhelm their Priority Services division with bogus apps? If anything, JPMC would have done the leak through their preferred blogging partner TPG, who did have one vague article about the JPMR.

My source above global wealth management with Chase and knew of card before PB had it in hand (though I expected it to look different than Palladium).
You must have a heck of a "source" since the person directly "above" GWM is Mary Erdoes, the CEO of J.P. Morgan Asset Management, and her boss is Jamie Dimon.

I think the way "they should have been" doesn't include CPC, but they don't want to piss off the ones that slipped through, whereas they'll have no qualms about product changing and possibly annoying customers without either a JPM PB or CPC relationship.

Chase knows how popular and useful the CSR is, so anyone who says he'll stop using Chase credit cards is either making an empty threat or foolish.
Agreed. The few CPCs that managed to get the JPMR should be allowed to keep it. Too messy to downgrade them. Everyone else can be easily cut and even punished with further AA.

It is laughable when people threaten to boycott JPMC because of some perceived credit card wrong. JPMC couldn't care less about the feelings of credit card churners.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Dlesin, in terms of broadening the range of benefits, are you talking about the JPMR or the Pd card?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
Not sure what happened mia, but you're quoting something I never wrote.

It's pretty unlikely that a Chase employee would be fired for advocating for his/her client, but to go around protocol like that in this banking regulatory environment (with all financial services employees under a microscope) was bold and should be recognized by the client.

If that CPC banker had to spend "a hour looking" for how to submit an app, it's effectively a loophole. There's a reason CPC bankers don't know anything about the JPMR, because it isn't meant for Chase clients.

JPMR cards aren't "approved by JPM", they are approved by Priority Services, a special group within Card Services that is technically part of the Chase retail bank. These people probably aren't too familiar with CPC vs. JPMPB, and just assume that the credit card apps that come their way got there through the appropriate channels. If anything, JPMC needs to not only plug the leaks for how JPMR apps are submitted, but better train Priority Services to auto-reject non-JPM affiliated clients.

You're talking about the J.P. Morgan Law Firm program. I have a few attorney friends that are a part of that and you're wrong, they are all individually J.P. Morgan clients (at least for now), that's the entire point of the program. JPM Law Firm clients get all the perks of a "regular" JPM Private Bank client, including JPM bank/investments accounts, in hopes that they'll make partner and be big AUM clients in the future. Pretty much all the big wealth management players have a similar program.

I've heard a few people say this, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would JPMC leak a JPMR PDF application on a no-name blog (run by some guy who put out a cringeworthy unboxing video) and overwhelm their Priority Services division with bogus apps? If anything, JPMC would have done the leak through their preferred blogging partner TPG, who did have one vague article about the JPMR.

You must have a heck of a "source" since the person directly "above" GWM is Mary Erdoes, the CEO of J.P. Morgan Asset Management, and her boss is Jamie Dimon.

Agreed. The few CPCs that managed to get the JPMR should be allowed to keep it. Too messy to downgrade them. Everyone else can be easily cut and even punished with further AA.

It is laughable when people threaten to boycott JPMC because of some perceived credit card wrong. JPMC couldn't care less about the feelings of credit card churners.
Interesting replies, but mostly inaccurate. You've become argumentative on this thread.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Interesting replies, but mostly inaccurate. You've become argumentative on this thread.
Great counterpoint here, but everything I said is 100% accurate and can be easily corroborated.

But you're right, I have gotten argumentative on this thread, and while fun at times, I am getting tired of correcting all the misinformation. So I'll exit this thread and stick to trading PMs from now on. Cheers.

Last edited by mia; Oct 6, 2016 at 1:59 pm Reason: Remove personal jab.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Moving on…

Is there a clickable directory somewhere of all the ancillary partner offers we can get through JPMR? Obviously United Club is one, but it's not clear where and how to access the car rental programs, hotel programs, etc. I know the book mentioned these, but it's still not simple and there may be more that aren't advertised or are simply offered by the third party.

If there's no such list, perhaps we could start one here.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:17 pm

The facts he listed should be fairly easy to prove wrong. Care to elaborate what's inaccurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.