Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Interesting - I was wondering how you came up with $.70. On my card, all APRs are 13.49% (from my last statement):

Balance Type Percentage Subject To Interest
Rate (APR) Interest Rate Charges
PURCHASES
CASH ADVANCES
BALANCE TRANSFERS
30 Days in Billing Period

Purchases 13.49% (v) -0- -0-
Cash Advances 13.49% (v) -0- -0-
Balance Transfer 13.49% (v) -0- -0-
Wow, lucky you! My APR's are just the standard offer. In that case you have an excellent deal! My lowest is a Purchase APR for my Ink MC at 9.49%. That's a very old card as I don't think they offer MC's anymore.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:51 am

So we know some JPM PB clients are being demoted to Private Client Direct (PCD) for being too poor.

But does anyone know the min. qualifications for PCD? 1M? 5M? And what benefits do you get over CPC? I couldn't find anything online.

Thx.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:19 am

5MM is what I've heard down the pipeline. I'm guessing it's similar to cpc with greater access to the private bank specific products and a slightly lower client to banker ratio. I've also heard from one source that they are grandfathering some accounts with a relationship of >10 yrs

Originally Posted by darkhound
So we know some JPM PB clients are being demoted to Private Client Direct (PCD) for being too poor.

But does anyone know the min. qualifications for PCD? 1M? 5M? And what benefits do you get over CPC? I couldn't find anything online.

Thx.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by Venomz
I mean it's possible for them to decide and not allow product changes, and keep Palladium users in that bracket, but I doubt it, it would go against all the data points and discussions users have had with numerous bankers and reps... is it possible maybe, is it realistic, doubt it

My CPC rep told me there is absolutely no chance he can apply the new JPMR credit card for me to take advantage of the 100k bonus points because it's only reserved for the PB clients. As for the conversion, I'm not on the "conversion list" so it's possible they may downgrade and offer me a CSR card instead after they discontinue the Pd card.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ktjan
My CPC rep told me there is absolutely no chance he can apply the new JPMR credit card for me to take advantage of the 100k bonus points because it's only reserved for the PB clients. As for the conversion, I'm not on the "conversion list" so it's possible they may downgrade and offer me a CSR card instead after they discontinue the Pd card.
Anyone with a palladium can STILL call in and ask for a product change. Not sure what your situation is, call the number on the back.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I'm also CPC, and yesterday I was able to consolidate lines from any of my other personal (not business) credit cards to this one. They even said "Thanks for being one of our best customers." Therefore, I don't know if they see whether I am CPC or PB.

In fact, when I was initially approved for this card, they asked me to do that as well, since I had reached maximum exposure without an escalated review.
I guess I'm just hesitant on what to ask, bring some money over or to just cli. It sounds like we only have one PB cli request that has been approved for his wife in flyertalk so far
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:48 am

As for the conversion, I'm not on the "conversion list"
Instead of going through your CPC rep, just call the credit card account services number on the back of your card and tell them to convert you to a JPMR. Try a few times. You can get different results with different reps.

it's possible they may downgrade and offer me a CSR card instead after they discontinue the Pd card.
To mitigate against this risk, get a CSR card now. If they try to downgrade you, you can say no - "I already have one. I want the JPMR instead, which looks the same and is the natural heir to my Pd card that you're discontinuing"

You'll have to pay the $450 fee, but it's actually only $150 after the $300 travel credit. And because the credit goes by calendar year, it'll basically be free for 2 years.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I guess I'm just hesitant on what to ask, bring some money over or to just cli. It sounds like we only have one PB cli request that has been approved for his wife in flyertalk so far
I just said my spending patterns changed and I wanted to better utilize my allocated credit. They used a "wizard" where they input the card numbers and amounts; it was very quick and easy.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:26 am

Has anyone asked for a Credit Limit increase on their Reserve card? (Are we able to do this online and will they only pull TU as the other chase cards?)

Are we able to consolidate credit from for example a chase freedom to the Reserve?

I am only curious about current Reserve, not previous Palladium requests.

My main reasoning behind this question is lending services is different in Delaware JP than the regular chase lending services.

Since my account is 3 months old, I do not want to be subject to a escalated review. (Not that I need to worry).
You can move credit onto the jpmr from other chase cards. I called the executive line to move credit off some other cards and they asked if I wanted to put it on the jpmr.

Just call in, they can do it in seconds. I had them move lines from three other cards. Pretty much immediate
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:37 pm

Update:

Wow Chase Exec/JP Morgan service is amazing.

I called in, got a 10k credit limit increase and consolidated another 10k from my other card all within 15 min.

The Wonderful rep I spoke to was extremely professional and he knew just as much or more about the card than me. They continued to reassure me to not be afraid of being late with a payment on this card and I can go well beyond my credit limit because it will never report to the credit limit, although I have no intentions of doing that. They really emphasized the fact that they don't want over utalizing affecting their JP Morgan clients.

I felt like the rep insinuated it's ok to have a 100k+ cli with JP Morgan Reserve, and they made me feel like they were hinting to consolidating my entire other limits to this card, although I did not.

Hands down the best card ever, I feel like a kid using it and I will continue to charge everything to this card.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:00 pm

Update:

Wow Chase Exec/JP Morgan service is amazing.

I called in, got a 10k credit limit increase and consolidated another 10k from my other card all within 15 min.

The Wonderful rep I spoke to was extremely professional and he knew just as much or more about the card than me. They continued to reassure me to not be afraid of being late with a payment on this card and I can go well beyond my credit limit because it will never report to the credit limit, although I have no intentions of doing that. They really emphasized the fact that they don't want over utalizing affecting their JP Morgan clients.

I felt like the rep insinuated it's ok to have a 100k+ cli with JP Morgan Reserve, and they made me feel like they were hinting to consolidating my entire other limits to this card, although I did not.

Hands down the best card ever, I feel like a kid using it and I will continue to charge everything to this card.
Excellent news! Did they do a hard pull or just base it on your Chase history?

As a side note for other Chase cards, since Visa Signature and Infinite cards have a revolving line but not a preset spending limit over the line, how does Chase report this? In the past I had a Visa Signature from another bank that reported the card history but not the credit line, which made sense to me.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I am CPC and my debit card ATM daily withdrawal limit is $2,000.

There shouldn't be AA if you abide by the cash advance limit which is 20% of your total revolving credit line. This card is designed to be cash advance friendly by having no withdrawal fee.

I had to call and set up a pin. They connect you to the automated system so you can choose one.

I too, would love to link this card to my checking account so I don't need to carry a debit card. I wonder if the retail branch can do it or is that only a JPM PB feature?
You can set your limit at any reasonable amount (or so I was told by my CPC banker). In my case I originally set at $300/day (I prefer low for security reasons but don't want to sidetrack the discussion) and later discovered this was too low when I kept attempting to withdraw 400 Euro per day in Paris (doh!) So I reset my ATM card for $500.

I would still want a separate ATM card as it would not be good to have both ATM and credit card options out of commission in the event the card is lost or stolen. But still great to have as a backup feature. Hadn't really thought of that @:-) but maybe will do so now.

P.S. Cannot resist this opportunity to plug ATM-only card - no reason to ever carry a Visa debit card when ATM-only card works just as well at ATMs (and you want to maximize UR points anyway).
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:40 pm

Excellent news! Did they do a hard pull or just base it on your Chase history?

As a side note for other Chase cards, since Visa Signature and Infinite cards have a revolving line but not a preset spending limit over the line, how does Chase report this? In the past I had a Visa Signature from another bank that reported the card history but not the credit line, which made sense to me.
Yes hardpull on EQ, they told me I would have no problem going over my limit but I have no intention to do this. I use my Centurion for monthly pay in full balances, I don't think jade can handle the kind of spending I do with Centurion, i may be wrong
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:04 pm

Just finished some errands and decided to call in and create my pin for abroad, they told me I need to be ok a computer? They told me since my account is less than 90 days old I can create my own pin?

Also I still have not received my prorated $145 (Palladium fee vs JP Reserve). I have not brought this to their attention yet, have any of you been reimbursed yet
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...create my pin for abroad...
I think that would be a PIN for ATM's. To my knowledge Chase does not support PIN transaction authorization for consumer cards issued in the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.