Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Incredible. It looks like JPMC didn't learn their lesson from the Palladium loophole fiasco. We'll see what happens after the inevitable flood of faxed applications from non-PB clients comes in. Good luck everyone!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
Incredible. It looks like JPMC didn't learn their lesson from the Palladium loophole fiasco. We'll see what happens after the inevitable flood of faxed applications from non-PB clients comes in. Good luck everyone!
They CORRESPOND everything with the private banker. Whether it's asking for extra information or verification, everything is done with a REAL banker.

The analyst/lending services will call your banker upon approval, and add any final comments or questions about credit/account history.

So if someone faxes in a pdf file, and they have existing chase accounts, JP Morgan/ chase will try to contact the banker and if the info is false, you can say good by to your chase relationship, Adverse action and closed

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2016 at 5:45 pm Reason: Remove inflammatory language.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bribro
I think the problem with the Palladium card was the availability/approval without a significant relationship with the bank (some with no accounts, others with just $100k in account value).

In fanowigs' anecdote, his friend had a substantial relationship with JPMorgan Chase. It makes sense that the bank is offering a great product for its best customers. The question is how they define "best".
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by rjdoc1974
Are you serious? Is this confirmed? Anyway to get more details? I am CPC and both my wife and I just got CSRs. I would love to save $900. Details please!
I have yet to find out more info from them. I'm pretty sure the bank paid for his annual as he is a "high roller", lol but a cheap one, and hates annuals like the rest of us. I will find out and post
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Venomz
They CORRESPOND everything with the private banker. Whether it's asking for extra information or verification, everything is done with a REAL banker.

The analyst/lending services will call your banker upon approval, and add any final comments or questions about credit/account history.

So if someone faxes in a pdf file, and they have existing chase accounts, JP Morgan/ chase will try to contact the banker and if the info is false, you can say good by to your chase relationship, Adverse action and closed
I think BriBro is referring to the fact that in the early days of the Palladium, many non-CPC applicants were able to get the Palladium.

Seems like a similar thing is going on with the JPM Reserve, where non-JPM private bank client applicants are getting approved.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reason: Prune quotation.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:35 pm

I have yet to find out more info from them. I'm pretty sure the bank paid for his annual as he is a "high roller", lol but a cheap one, and hates annuals like the rest of us. I will find out and post
Just ask. I similarly got my Palladium AF waived. My request was sent up the chain of command and approval took about a week though.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by darkhound
Just ask. I similarly got my Palladium AF waived. My request was sent up the chain of command and approval took about a week though.

have you tried asking for the AF to be waived for your newly upgraded JPM Reserve card? also, when you ask, do you ask Chase via SMS or your JPM banking rep?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by cybaslacka
have you tried asking for the AF to be waived for your newly upgraded JPM Reserve card?
Technically, they didn't waive my Palladium AF. They charged me for it and I paid it. But then I got a bank credit for the same amount in my checking account.

I converted my Palladium to a JPMR. According to the representative, I won't be charged the JPMR AF because my Palladium AF covers it.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir

Not sure how it works with Chase retail, but in the JPM PB they use something called a "Special Consideration Form" and I've seen it myself. It is essentially your banker's endorsement of your application. They tell your story, identify your assets with the firm, etc.

Last edited by bribro; Sep 3, 2016 at 2:12 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Awesome! Let me know if I should post copies of my Palladium card too. It may be the last time it gets used before I order up a CS Reserve. Chase is just creating a lot of work for itself by not awarding 100k points to existing Palladium cardholders. And I predict most of us will cancel because the 100k points are worth a lot more than hidden perk of UC membership which can go bye bye at any time.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:41 pm

Lots of wealthy folks in this thread, and I'm glad to see other CC junkies out there ^
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:11 pm

PB client and PD holder, I'm too busy to be arsed with a new application. Rep I spoke with said UA club was being discontinued on the reserve but he may have been misinformed. He did state that my banker or service team could send an application and that it would otherwise be converted eventually and that notice would likely be sent around the 11/12'th of the month. Asked about extending the bonus on conversion, got a negative.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:19 pm

Does he have a real private banking relationship with the firm? If so how long has he had it? If he is a simple CPC and they're covering his AF right off the bat, then this goes against everything my coverage team from the private bank has told me along with the head of their US banking. I've been banking with the firm since it was called Chemical Bank and have had a very sizable sum of money parked their since '06 so I'm inclined to believe they're not lying to me.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Some posts have been removed, others edited. Please write about JPM Chase products, policies and practices. Do not write about each other. Do not speculate about other members' qualifications to post. Do not refer to anyone as a troll or use similar inflammatory language.

If you think another member's information is inaccurate, challenge the information, not the poster. Here is the rule:

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Does he have a real private banking relationship with the firm? If so how long has he had it? If he is a simple CPC and they're covering his AF right off the bat, then this goes against everything my coverage team from the private bank has told me along with the head of their US banking. I've been banking with the firm since it was called Chemical Bank and have had a very sizable sum of money parked their since '06 so I'm inclined to believe they're not lying to me.
I recently became a "simple CPC," applied for a Palladium, and they covered the $600 fee for me right off the bat. Sounds like you have a lazy team that doesn't pull the strings for you. Or maybe you weren't persistent and/or didn't make clear that the AF waiver was important to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.