Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Venomz
1) WHY IS THE PALLADIUM STILL AVAILABLE FOR APPLICATIONS (regardless of all of you stating nobody can apply for it, bankers are stating accessing the apps)
It's not publicly marketed anymore, although it may still be available for a few weeks more if you make a special request. My CPC banker told me the Palladium isn't available anymore. Of course, like anything else, you may get different results with persistence. For example, he also told me the JPM Reserve wasn't available for application, but when I gave him the completed application, he faxed it in for me.

3) IF AND ONLY IF palladium users get rolled over to reserve (unconfirmed, and unlikely as the select users still exist and NO THEY ARE NOT MAKING THEM SAPPHIRE PRODUCT CHANGES)
Will they have access to United club lounges? (Sub category question of 2)
This is confirmed. I got rolled over from Palladium to JPM Reserve. But I don't know about United lounges (nor do I care about that particular perk).
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Did anyone (beside that specific blogger) who is not a JPM Private Banking customer managed to be approved?
Not that I've seen. Only data point I've seen of a non-PB approval is from that obscure blog.

Originally Posted by schalliol
Let's talk about the United Club. Are there any non-Paladium Reserve holders who successfully requested the United Club once the had Reserve? If so, please walk us through the steps taken. i know it's early days but wondered. Thanks!
My wife (who never had JPMPd) got her JPMR card yesterday, called the number on the back of the card and requested her United Club membership. They said no problem, asked for her MP number and said the card would arrive in 3-5 weeks. My JPM PB team also (I think accidentally) showed me an internal document confirming that United Club membership is a benefit of JPMR.

I must have missed something. Why are people suddenly worried that United Club membership is going away when there are no data points to suggest that?

1) WHY IS THE PALLADIUM STILL AVAILABLE FOR APPLICATIONS (regardless of all of you stating nobody can apply for it, bankers are stating accessing the apps)
The Palladium card is no longer officially available. This has been confirmed by multiple posters, and I've confirmed it personally with both my JPM PB team and two Chase branch managers. You're the only poster I've seen on FlyerTalk or elsewhere that says the Palladium card is still available for applications... so I don't know what to tell you. It's possible that some bankers saved the PDF applications on their computers and are using that, but it's been taken down from their systems.

2) are the Reserve users going to lose any benefits from the palladium such as United club since the annual is lower and the travel perks/signup bonus is better than palladium.
AFAIK, the only things you lose when going from Palladium to JPMR are as follows:
  1. 35,000 UR point bonus after $100k in calendar year spend
  2. Engraved signature
  3. JPM Concierge

But it's a moot point since the Palladium card is in fact being phased out and replaced by the JPMR.

3) IF AND ONLY IF palladium users get rolled over to reserve (unconfirmed, and unlikely as the select users still exist and NO THEY ARE NOT MAKING THEM SAPPHIRE PRODUCT CHANGES
The Palladium and Select cards are going away. You don't have to believe me, but you will have have your proof when people start posting their conversion letters on this forum later this month.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Platinum
United Club after Pd -> JPMR product change

I believe in this topic someone has already requested the United club, they had to cancel the original palladium club and resend a new United club card for reserve. But I would like to know as well. No United club = useless card
I had had the United Club card for years when I got the Pd card. I asked the JPM customer service to make sure I kept my United Club membership when I closed my old card, they said sure, and my United Club membership continued uninterrupted in my United iPhone app after I closed the UC card.

After the JPMR came out, I made the product change from Pd. I figured that the United Club membership would just carry forward so it didn't occur to me to ask about it explicitly when I made the product change. So I was a little surprised when it disappeared from my iPhone app within a few days of making the product change, well before the expiration date (which would have been in October). I called back the JPM customer service line and asked them to set up the United Club for me and it was back on in my United app the next day (this time with a new expiration date). I am still waiting for the new physical card, which they said could take a couple of weeks, but I never use anything but a boarding pass for getting into the Club so that's not a problem.

So I don't know what would happen with a virgin JPMR application, but it looks like I was in the situation of not having had that benefit as a result of closing the Pd card at the time I made the call to request it and they put it on for me with no problems.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:06 am

Ok, so I am going to call in and request to do a product change to the JP Morgan reserve. I will urge it, but as usual I will ask all the same questions.

As for the palladium card, will I still be able to use the same card, have any of you changed and able to keep the existing card? (Engraved sig)
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:15 am

Ok, so I am going to call in and request to do a product change to the JP Morgan reserve. I will urge it, but as usual I will ask all the same questions.

As for the palladium card, will I still be able to use the same card, have any of you changed and able to keep the existing card? (Engraved sig)
If you care about the engraved signature, I would suggest only product changing to JPMR if you can get them to honor the 100k UR point sign-up bonus. If you wait for the auto-conversion to happen next month (assuming recent Palladium applicants are part of this), you will get to keep your Palladium card until it expires if you like.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:19 am

No need to urge it. Just make sure to provide your Palladium card number to the executive line first so they know you are a PD card holder before inquiring about the product change.

Yes you will be able to use the same card. The 3 digit code security code will change but that's only used in rare instances anyway. Come to think of it, I don't think the 3 digit code is ever used during an "account holder present swipe".

I just had a $900 charge at Fogo de Chao for a family dinner the other day no problem using my old Engraved Sig card despite already receiving my new JPMR.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:23 am

I think right now JPMC is overwhelmed with so many people applying for the CSR & JPMR.
There are to possible paths from the threads above. 1)The Palladium card will cease to exist and become JPMR card 2)The Palladium card continues alongside the JPM Reserve. Since I applied for the JPMR card to get the 100k UR bonus if option 1 occurs then the two cards merge together. If option 2 occurs I'll have both the Palladium & JPMR cards. Either way it's a win win for me!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by fanofwigs
Yes you will be able to use the same card. The 3 digit code security code will change but that's only used in rare instances anyway. Come to think of it, I don't think the 3 digit code is ever used during an "account holder present swipe".

I just had a $900 charge at Fogo de Chao for a family dinner the other day no problem using my old Engraved Sig card despite already receiving my new JPMR.
Just a heads up: A lot of credit card companies, including JPMC, let you continue to use your old card after a product change and then suddenly deactivate it once you have the replacement card. It can sometimes take several weeks for the deactivation to occur. Point is, I would start using the replacement card to avoid the potential embarrassment of your old card being declined.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by bribro
Just a heads up: A lot of credit card companies, including JPMC, let you continue to use your old card after a product change and then suddenly deactivate it once you have the replacement card. It can sometimes take several weeks for the deactivation to occur. Point is, I would start using the replacement card to avoid the potential embarrassment of your old card being declined.
^ that would indeed be embarrassing, lmao

ty!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:36 am

Major news update: palladium is going to be bye bye. YES YOU WERE RIGHT!!!

Palladium will stay hidden, RESERVE IS NO LONGER A HIDDEN TRADELINE!!!!

Palladium transition will be by the end of this year. Prorated annual will occur.

Only changes are no 35k bonus per 100k spend, and bye bye jets (who cares anyway).

As for myself, I just made a product change to reserve. I am able to use my palladium card until 2018, will not be deactivated.

Everything confirmed with exec office. Club membership stays, but hidden tradeline goes! And engraved signature is anticipated be brought back in the following months.

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:36 am

Why do people even care about the Palladium card anymore? It's now a strictly worse earning card - before it made sense if you spent $100k per year on solely travel, now it absolutely does not. If your Palladium AF isn't waived, why keep it?

I'm a JPM PB client and never bothered with the Palladium card but just applied for and received my JPMR card since it's clearly worth it. Already have UC through my MileagePlus Club card so not going to be a guinea pig for non Palladium card holders getting complimentary UC with the new card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sfeater
Why do people even care about the Palladium card anymore? It's now a strictly worse earning card - before it made sense if you spent $100k per year on solely travel, now it absolutely does not. If your Palladium AF isn't waived, why keep it?

I'm a JPM PB client and never bothered with the Palladium card but just applied for and received my JPMR card since it's clearly worth it. Already have UC through my MileagePlus Club card so not going to be a guinea pig for non Palladium card holders getting complimentary UC with the new card.
I can give you a quick example as an up-and-comer. Although I have some liquidity, it's nowhere near 10m. However, my net worth exceeds 10m easily.

The Palladium card has closed more deals than I can count. It gives you instant credibility during a first encounter with a potential investor. Of course many other factors come into play as well, but again, the PD card is a good finishing touch--if you've already convinced the investor 95% of the way, the PD will do that last 5%.

So the value of the PD is not in the perks but the appearance and credibility of the card, regardless of AF.

Just a hustlers' perspective.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:52 am

It's nice that you finally got confirmation on what I've been saying all along Venomz, but you cannot rely on what the Executive Line says. They know very little, and are really just front-line customer service agents (just slightly better trained the the "regular" agents).

For the record, the JPMR is not losing the hidden tradeline feature. JPMR also retains the same spending flexibility that the Palladium card had.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by fanofwigs
The Palladium card has closed more deals than I can count. It gives you instant credibility during a first encounter with a potential investor. Of course many other factors come into play as well, but again, the PD card is a good finishing touch--if you've already convinced the investor 95% of the way, the PD will do that last 5%.
That's fair - although I'm sure you're the exception. It just seems like a majority of posters here are eating their $595 AF for no reason.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by sfeater
That's fair - although I'm sure you're the exception. It just seems like a majority of posters here are eating their $595 AF for no reason.
There are other benefits too. I have a friend who referred to his JPMPd card as the "Getlaidium card."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.