FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:59 am
SD88

Programs: UA Platinum
United Club after Pd -> JPMR product change

Originally Posted by Venomz
I believe in this topic someone has already requested the United club, they had to cancel the original palladium club and resend a new United club card for reserve. But I would like to know as well. No United club = useless card
I had had the United Club card for years when I got the Pd card. I asked the JPM customer service to make sure I kept my United Club membership when I closed my old card, they said sure, and my United Club membership continued uninterrupted in my United iPhone app after I closed the UC card.

After the JPMR came out, I made the product change from Pd. I figured that the United Club membership would just carry forward so it didn't occur to me to ask about it explicitly when I made the product change. So I was a little surprised when it disappeared from my iPhone app within a few days of making the product change, well before the expiration date (which would have been in October). I called back the JPM customer service line and asked them to set up the United Club for me and it was back on in my United app the next day (this time with a new expiration date). I am still waiting for the new physical card, which they said could take a couple of weeks, but I never use anything but a boarding pass for getting into the Club so that's not a problem.

So I don't know what would happen with a virgin JPMR application, but it looks like I was in the situation of not having had that benefit as a result of closing the Pd card at the time I made the call to request it and they put it on for me with no problems.