Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
What if they switch it off, then on, then off, then on again, just to mess with us?
Then it will be a short circuit and the site will crash.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've been holding out to get the CSP and finally went under 5/24 about a month ago, right when news of CSR popped up. So I waited and will do CSR when it goes live. Is there any reason other than 5/24 that Chase would deny me a subsequent app for CSP about two months later? Like do they care if I want a "lesser" product in addition to the higher one?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
If you are over 5/24, it seems like you should be able to in-kind transfer some brokerage assets to Chase, become a CPC, apply, then transfer them back. I haven't heard of Chase ever canceling a card that someone acquired as a CPC, simply because that person ceased to be a CPC...at least not yet. Only annoying thing about that plan: your current brokerage would lose your cost basis information.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by STS-134
If you are over 5/24, it seems like you should be able to in-kind transfer some brokerage assets to Chase, become a CPC, apply, then transfer them back. I haven't heard of Chase ever canceling a card that someone acquired as a CPC, simply because that person ceased to be a CPC...at least not yet. Only annoying thing about that plan: your current brokerage would lose your cost basis information.
Which is why an IRA would be ideal.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
Which is why an IRA would be ideal.
Hmmm...VERY good idea. ^
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:09 pm

I'm actually considering rolling my 401k from a previous employer... sitting there since 2009... to an IRA. I should see what Chase can do for me. Being CPC might be useful in the future. I actually considered doing it for CitiGold to get the lower annual fee on my Prestige, but the closest Citi branch is ~45 minutes away. Not worth the time and effort for $100. But to maaaaybe be able to bypass 5/24 in the future, could be good. Plus it looks like Chase has the same funds the money's currently in available.

Hmm...
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by penner42
I'm actually considering rolling my 401k from a previous employer... sitting there since 2009... to an IRA. I should see what Chase can do for me. Being CPC might be useful in the future. I actually considered doing it for CitiGold to get the lower annual fee on my Prestige, but the closest Citi branch is ~45 minutes away. Not worth the time and effort for $100. But to maaaaybe be able to bypass 5/24 in the future, could be good. Plus it looks like Chase has the same funds the money's currently in available.

Hmm...
I'm in Texas and I would prefer to bank with Citi if I had to drive 3 hours. Really you shouldn't ever have to goto the bank.

Phone conference calls or meet your banker for lunch in the middle. Deposit checks remotely with an remote deposit check unit or snap shot from your mobile phone.

The sadest thing that happened an few years ago was when Citi closed down and we stopped getting benefits entirely. CPC benefits are useless in comparison to Citi's. Chase should be giving CPC's UR pts, IMO.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:22 pm

with CPC, isn't your money really sitting idle? any good interest rates on the cash we hold with them?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I'm in Texas and I would prefer to bank with Citi if I had to drive 3 hours. Really you shouldn't ever have to goto the bank.

Phone conference calls or meet your banker for lunch in the middle. Deposit checks remotely with an remote deposit check unit or snap shot from your mobile phone.

The sadest thing that happened an few years ago was when Citi closed down and we stopped getting benefits entirely. CPC benefits are useless in comparison to Citi's. Chase should be giving CPC's UR pts, IMO.
Well, I don't really expect to do much actual banking with this. My money right now is sitting in an old 401k. If I can roll it over to a Chase IRA, put it in the same funds, and just let it sit there as well... no harm, any benefits are a bonus.

I guess this is all really off-topic from the CSR.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:48 pm

When they say app will be live on Sunday, is that midnight Sat? Also does this type of card get overnighted after approval or we have to request it? Doesn't the prestige and plat AMEX get overnighted automatically after approval?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
When they say app will be live on Sunday, is that midnight Sat? Also does this type of card get overnighted after approval or we have to request it? Doesn't the prestige and plat AMEX get overnighted automatically after approval?
My Prestige was sent by regular mail.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:53 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
I'm planning on PC'ing my CSP on 8/22 in-branch, if data points observed on 8/21 indicate 5/24 is being enforced.

I leave out of the country on 9/2, I'm hoping the card would get delivered by then if overnighting won't be an option due to possible initial production issues.

Worst case, I imagine my CSP card would function in lieu of the CSR card (since PC'ing would retain the same card number) if the CSR card doesn't arrive on time?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:59 pm

Chase twitter uses "next week" for questions about release date. So why are people certain about 8/21?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lz80521
Chase twitter uses "next week" for questions about release date. So why are people certain about 8/21?
That's been the rumored date all along, and Chase's "next week" somewhat corroborates it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all quiet on Sunday and 8/22 ends up being the release date.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by UpAt40k
In my head I'm trying to justify both sides of this equation.

On one side, perhaps the'd like to waive 5/24 for the first week to lure additional cardholders who're willing to pay the annual fee and to get their application numbers up. But on the other hand, many of these people are churning flyertalk members who would get the card for the points, make good use of the $300 fee credit and then cancel before year 2.

I can see a reasonably solid case for both sides, but a firmer case for them keeping the 5/24 in place as they just finished rolling it out, it seems silly of them not to use it.

Thoughts?
I personally think that even FTers who "churn this card" in the strictest sense and "close before year two" are really stupid imo. Yes, you are correct in thinking that most of us likely have plans to extract $300 from this card. Thus, those who wouldn't want to keep CSR at $150 per year vs CSP or ink plus at $95 are really dumb in my opinion and don't deserve to be playing this game
It is true however that this card is still missing that one defining benefit similar to amex centurion lounge access or citi 4th night free hotel, independent of $300 travel credit.. I hope they fix this gap by giving us united club access with this card or hotel status or something...... this is my personal view and analysis
Any hidden Chase marketing execs here, feel free to hire me, as I'm looking for work..😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.